How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2012
fashion icon

The collection is more detailed and richer, the overall was stunning.

29-09-2012
windowshopping

So... I see, we meet again the next big mainstream summer styles and trends.

29-09-2012
V.I.P.

This is so not Paris! She should show in Milan and raise the quality of the show reviews.

29-09-2012
scenester

It's what I normally find in retail

29-09-2012
front row

Isabel Marant Spring 2013 Show Video

youtube

29-09-2012
Vision of Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
this is horrible , main stream and absolutely highstreet already
a really bad collection
Completely agree, Lena! The bootleg white pants with tucked in shirt (Look 27 @ style.com ) is 100% late 90's Gucci. Also, the purple-pink-red ethnic prints look like more Gucci leftovers from 06. It seems Isabel marant has no True direction and is just churning out what is trendy.

** and a big HELLO to you Lena ! blast from the past

tfs star

I love how everyone hates on a collection because it is actually wearable, yet go over to the Margiela thread and everyone is falling over themselves in adoration for what to me looked a whole load of shapeless crazy.

Personally I love this collection. Someone has to make actual everyday clothing that can translate into the practical lives of ordinary people, and IM does that perfectly.

V.I.P.

^Uh, no.

It has nothing to do with the clothes being wearable. There are many brands that make wearable clothes and get rightfully praised. These clothes are ugly, full stop. Isabel Marant used to make great wearable and laid-back clothing, in my opinion. I don't know what's happened. She seems to follow the trends rather than set them nowadays.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
^Uh, no.

It has nothing to do with the clothes being wearable. There are many brands that make wearable clothes and get rightfully praised. These clothes are ugly, full stop. Isabel Marant used to make great wearable and laid-back clothing, in my opinion. I don't know what's happened. She seems to follow the trends rather than set them nowadays.
Isabel has always been mainstream & wearable....please don't justify it as anything else otherwise...i've only known Isabel Marant as that type of designer to be....

All the stuff you see in the store similar to this, you can thank Isabel Marant for...cause those stores obviously knocked off her stuff....guaranteed.

She doesn't care about being dynamic....she designs what's true to her....I don't need another Miuccia Prada in the fashion industry.

Last edited by GERGIN; 29-09-2012 at 05:53 PM.
29-09-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

She sold her soul period.

fyeahLafayette.tumblr

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
Isabel has always been mainstream & wearable....please don't justify it as anything else otherwise...i've only known Isabel Marant as that type of designer to be....

All the stuff you see in the store similar to this, you can thank Isabel Marant for...cause those stores obviously knocked off her stuff....guaranteed.

She doesn't care about being dynamic....she designs what's true to her....I don't need another Miuccia Prada in the fashion industry.
I don't quite get what you are saying. When did I ever say that she wasn't ever mainstream or wearable? I was simply saying that she did her own thing. Even during the whole boho craze, she incorporated some of that into her collections, but she never let it take over her brand.

And as for her being the trail blazer for this kind of style/ Oh, please. It was Balmain who kick started that, and it was around the time she started to change. The short skirts, the leather pants, the whole '80s aesthetic. Could you please point me towards any of her earlier collections which had any of this stuff or at least anything similar?

V.I.P.

Coming from a big fan but this collection is horrible. Not one piece I would buy...this could be H&M

30-09-2012
V.I.P.

i liked her since she became more commercial and trend driven, (since around ss10 i think) and every single collection has been great up until now i don't know if she ran out of ideas? but the flared pants..they are so bad. the prints are so bad.

front row

Wow... This is just disappointing! I've always loved Marant, but since S/S 2012 it's going downhill...

backstage pass

I don't like anything.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, isabel, marant, paris, s or s