How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-11-2012
Mr. Magic

J.W Anderson to collaborate with Donatella Versace for a Versus caspule collection
Quote:
Jonathan Anderson, the Irish designer that founded the brand J.W. Anderson Women, has been the first designer to create a capsule collection for Versus: it is the first one of a series of mini collections that Versus will create together with some international designers.

The collection will be launched in New York in March-April 2013, with an ad hoc event, and it includes pieces of clothing and accessories for men and women that will be available online both on the website versus.it and in some department stores and selected shops all over the world.

ďI always follow with attention the young talents, and I have been very impressed by all what Jonathan has created in the last two years - Donatella Versace said Ė the essence of Versus is fun, change and digital. I canít wait to present the result of this collaboration!".

Jonathan Anderson, who lives and works in London, has been awarded with the Emerging Talent Award for the Ready-to-Wear, during the British Fashion Awards.
vogue.it

(IT'S GOING DOWN
ô)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

29-11-2012
Stitch:the Hand

oh my if that's not an unlikely collaboration i dunno what is.....odd.

29-11-2012
backstage pass

Well, they found Kanes replacement fast...

V.I.P.

It's an odd collaboration... Jonathan has a really utilitarian, minimalist vibe to his clothes. I'm not sure if it's gonna work out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, David Koma would be perfect for Versus. He should be next in line for a collaboration, if there is a God.
(But then again, if there was a God, Alexander Wang would never be the strongest candidate for Balenciaga....)

29-11-2012
fashion icon

I like the way she puts Versus as a laboratory for young designer. It's fascinating idea.

08-05-2013
V.I.P.

Collection preview: http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...ces-screentest

backstage pass

The collection is up: http://us.versace.com/versus/1000000,en_US,sc.html?b=Versus, I don't know if I like it or not...

15-05-2013
fashion insider

Wow, this was awful. Theres a few pieces I like but nothing I loved. I was expecting soo much more.....what a letdown

15-05-2013
backstage pass

I only liked the geometric printed backpack, but I wouldn't pay that much for it.

15-05-2013
V.I.P.

It's terribly safe and predictable, especially from a collaboration with a so called edgy and avant-garde designer. It's just the same rehash of 90's Versace that Donatella has been shoving down our throats over the last few years. This could easily be Versace for H&M Part 2.

windowshopping

There are no pics of Anderson's work for Versus yet, it's launching in 4 days. http://www.versusversace.com/collections/jw-anderson

16-05-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by vl4da View Post
There are no pics of Anderson's work for Versus yet, it's launching in 4 days. http://www.versusversace.com/collections/jw-anderson
WOW! I thought Donatella mentioned the collection was coming out today on her google+ video chat. My mistake sorry

16-05-2013
_____

Versus by J.W. Anderson

vogue.co.uk

16-05-2013
_____

cont.

vogue.co.uk

16-05-2013
backstage pass

Thanks for the pics Cold.

This all is strangely suspect to me: Overly-hyped young designer heading a stale brand; designs that are barely-there basics; highly over-styled presentation to shamelessly enforce the "Versus" brand (I mean-- really, the models are literally wearing the Versus label on them...). Will a line of Versus cosmetics, bags and shoes be the real culprits they'll be pushing?

As for the clothes. It's very late-90s Versace with the overall suspenders and shiny/PVC textures. And it's also very mid-90s Helmut Lang in the burn-and-slash design (the Hawaii collection comes to mind). Of course, Helmut was much more subtle, subversive and clever in his tribute to punk. Anderson's version here is very plastic, artificial-- and rock-n-roll cheap and trashy, and very loud. In that sense, he is faithful to the Versace/Versus aesthetic. And in that context, it does have its appeal-- I think it will be particularly appealing to the under-21 crowd.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anderson, caspule, collaborate, collection, donatella, jw, versace, versus