How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-01-2013
Mr. Magic

fashionising.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

09-01-2013
scenester

lol wut???

V.I.P.

I cannot stand over-hype designer. This is what you get from them. The downright ridiculous. Just another Henry Holland IMHO! Next!

09-01-2013
Geometric Discharge

See every comment I've ever made in a J.W. Anderson thread + ...wtf?

09-01-2013
backstage pass

Am I the only one loving this collection ? It's the most refreshing menswear collection I have in years. Far from the boring typical shows with ties, shirts, suits. Jonathan creates new shapes and create a dialogue withi the audience about masculinity/feminity, wearable/unwearble, classic materials/technicals materials. I am a guy wearing masculine clothes normally, but I am attracted to this shapes because they are so unexpected for male bodies.

Anyway, I prefer a "wut" collection than a boring Dsquared one with models on testosterone wearing ugly shirts. Except Raf Simons and Rick Owens and a bit Prada, all those designers create luxurious H&M garments.

Once King

Those three jumpers at the end with the white contrast; Want so so bad. The boots without the ruffles can work as *cheaper* (?) Ann/Equestrian. Obviously much of the collection is a bit much for the majority of consumers to digest and honestly I don't expect very much of it to be carried but there are lots of fun to be had in this collection. Will the women's be a strong play on menswear??

09-01-2013
trendsetter

This has got to be some sort of a sick joke.

backstage pass

I love this so much. Thank god we have him in menswear, its completely refreshing to see someone really shake it up. Also i adore how clinical it is, if I only had enough money.....

windowshopping

J.W. Anderson is basically an overly crafty fashion student who's all shock value and little substance.

09-01-2013
fashion icon

I mean the short was obviously a big crush of men for year but with ruffles I don't see its coming. Those are really menswear!!!?? I believe only Bryanboy could pull it off.

10-01-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDiorHomme View Post
Am I the only one loving this collection ? It's the most refreshing menswear collection I have in years. Far from the boring typical shows with ties, shirts, suits. Jonathan creates new shapes and create a dialogue withi the audience about masculinity/feminity, wearable/unwearble, classic materials/technicals materials. I am a guy wearing masculine clothes normally, but I am attracted to this shapes because they are so unexpected for male bodies.

Anyway, I prefer a "wut" collection than a boring Dsquared one with models on testosterone wearing ugly shirts. Except Raf Simons and Rick Owens and a bit Prada, all those designers create luxurious H&M garments.
You are certainly not alone. I agree 100%. I love it! This is a much needed breath of fresh air. While it may seem very extreme now, in a few years, menswear might begin to take this direction . The details are even more exiting.

10-01-2013
fashion insider

"NEW shapes"'?! erm....

10-01-2013
scenester

not that bad.... at all.

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6kjo9WiImc&hd=1

Last edited by bennyboy; 10-01-2013 at 10:07 AM.
10-01-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDiorHomme View Post

Agree with every word you said.

10-01-2013
front row

I 100% agree with IloveDiorHomme here. I was at the show yesterday, and it was a pretty fantastic show. I'm a huge fan of Jonathan's work, but this time around when I saw it I felt a little bit teary because I found it to be beautiful, as silly as that sounds.

He pushes boundaries. He's trying to get men to veer away from suits, and go for something different. He's catering to his clientele that buy his wares, and to me, this is a perfect collection. I think people who rag on this don't really appreciate the fact he's trying to show people you don't always have to be so prim, and proper.

It was a very sexual collection, to me. I mean, mini-dresses? Bustiers? Shorts that were skirts but were short skirts that were shorts? Absolutely genius! I want to wear those, and I hate my legs! I think this was a brilliant collection, big gold star for you, Jonathan!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, anderson, f or w, jw, london, mens