J.W. Anderson X Uniqlo - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
18-07-2017
backstage pass

the lookbook is up
http://www.vogue.co.uk/gallery/jw-an...niqlo-pictures

backstage pass

There are a couple good pieces but a majority of this I've seen before.

18-07-2017
V.I.P.

I actually like this very much. It is designed in a very intelligent way in a sense that he took advantage of what Uniqlo stand for and can execute in the best way possible.
The womenswear is quite strong. I hope the menswear is more adventurous in terms of fit. If those shirts or knit pieces are not oversized (something he is quite known for), it will be a big letdown for his fans.

But this is good so far!
It's kind of amazing that 3 years ago, i wasn't the biggest fan of his work and now, i'm totally obsessed by what he has to offer.

18-07-2017
fashion insider

There are many pieces i want from this collection, a trench, bag, all the skirts, a few of the blouses and mens shirts, most of the sweaters, the tweed coat in grey, and maybe a scarf.
I hope the quality up to par or else it would be a useless purchase.

19-07-2017
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
I actually like this very much. It is designed in a very intelligent way in a sense that he took advantage of what Uniqlo stand for and can execute in the best way possible.
The womenswear is quite strong. I hope the menswear is more adventurous in terms of fit. If those shirts or knit pieces are not oversized (something he is quite known for), it will be a big letdown for his fans.

But this is good so far!
It's kind of amazing that 3 years ago, i wasn't the biggest fan of his work and now, i'm totally obsessed by what he has to offer.
I think that's mostly because he kept it at giving classic Uniqlo staples a quirky touch and slightly elevated quality - Better than the Ines de la Fressange and Carine Roitfeld collections for the most part, but not as good as Lemaire's Uniqlo U collection, which I will probably prefer to buy over this.

Of course there will be people coming especially for it because it's J.W. Anderson but I think for the most part it's very much signature Uniqlo clothes that can work somehow for everybody and that differentiate themselves enough from what they are already doing with Christophe Lemaire on a larger frame work (Mind you, I prefer the more austere elegance of Lemaire over this, but there are some good pieces here that even I would buy and my own sense of style couldn't be further away from J.W. Andersons').

19-07-2017
V.I.P.

Omg, except a piece here and there, it's really quite mainstream! Dare I say very cheap-looking. This stuff you can find literally anywhere. Can't believe people are not only excited about this, but also hoping to buy into it.

I had to double check the link to make sure we are looking at the same stuff...

19-07-2017
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Omg, except a piece here and there, it's really quite mainstream! Dare I say very cheap-looking. This stuff you can find literally anywhere. Can't believe people are not only excited about this, but also hoping to buy into it.

I had to double check the link to make sure we are looking at the same stuff...
But that's very much what Uniqlo is doing, generic wardrobe staples. It's not the place where you go to get overtly fashionable stuff at, and they choose their designer collaborations usually based on the brief that it fits with their product ethos and not the other way around, like when H&M tapped Balmain to re-issue their archive through them - No surprise then that Jil Sander and Christophe Lemaire work(ed) for Uniqlo and that turned out a huge success.

I know what kind of quality Uniqlo can deliver and it's quite outstanding at the price, really. I'm sure this will be more or less on par with that.

Last edited by tricotineacetat; 19-07-2017 at 02:34 AM.
19-07-2017
V.I.P.

I like the knitwear pieces a lot. It's interesting that it's branded with his logo. I've not seen these collaborations come so emblazoned with the designer's mainline logo before.

I'll be wanting a cable knit and the fish knit I feel. I can live without most of it however.

20-07-2017
trendsetter

I'm a huge JW fan but there is nothing I desire from this menswear collab... Womenswear has a few interesting pieces though. Lucky ladies.

V.I.P.

I was able to see the collection in person at the press event in London.

There's a lot more to the clothes than the pictures let on. The trench coat has a bonded lining and belt loops in the interior to make it fully reversible. The ruffled blouse is made with uniqlo's high quality cotton standard, sewn with French seams. The striped scarves have their heat tech technology, etc. The quality is pretty high, not in everything, but most of the items feel way more expensive than they actually are.

It's not at all my style but there's some great classics here with a modern touch. Which I think was the idea.

Like Tricot, I'm going to pass on this but it's some pretty good stuff. I'm more inclined to wear the U line.

Last edited by Mutterlein; 20-07-2017 at 02:42 PM.
20-07-2017
backstage pass

Feels more random Marks & Spencer than Uniqlo...

21-07-2017
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterlein View Post
Like Tricot, I'm going to pass on this but it's some pretty good stuff. I'm more inclined to wear the U line.
Did you manage to review the U line for fall as well? Some few pictures of people trying on pieces at their press previews showed up on instagram, so I wonder if that was at display for you to see as well. Would be good to hear your opinion on that!

21-07-2017
fashion elite

Admittedly, the full-length coats, duffles coats and denim and pinstriped ruffled skirts are solid for the women's. Everything else, and all the men’s, look like childrenswear if IKEA sold clothes. But that’s typical of him: A few solid ideas repeated over and over, rounded off by filler basics. And a lot of hype as usual with him.

28-08-2017
V.I.P.

You can now see the whole collection here:

https://www.uniqlo.com/jwanderson/us/en/women/

https://www.uniqlo.com/jwanderson/us/en/men/

08-12-2017
backstage pass

they will collab on another collection for 2018

https://hypebae.com/2017/12/jw-ander...018-collection

I love the first one so i'm so excited for new collection <3

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags