How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

Well, it's true that some of the gowns don't look perfect, but in a sea of boring and mundane collections, this stands out because it brings much needed excitement to the couture week.

04-07-2012
chaos reigns

Best JPG Ive seen in ages ... and I do want to know all the details about why the show was SO late ...

Im so glad to see him get his stride back ... there is so much to pick from. I know the black pieces dont scream couture .. but I love em! (and I dont like black)

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

so effin amazing! I bet those editors regret walking out

fashion insider

The Madonna-ish bodysuit corset thing was the eyesore for me, did not belong in this collection at all...

barcode

This is the first Gaultier couture collection I've liked in a very, very long time. Almost all of the opening looks are fabulous, so much more chic than the kitschy crap he's been pushing heavily for years and very reminiscent of the work that made me fall for Gaultier to begin with. The only true weak spot for me are the gowns, which for the most part are ugly and silly.

04-07-2012
French Chic

Such a great show and behind all the theatrics and drama there are some amazing pieces. The black looks at the beginning are superb, very strong indeed.
Loving the black flared trouser suit.
As the show progressed it seemed to be more in the style of JPG's couture shows, but still, some of the outfits were beautifully constructed.
Also need to add that the casting was outstanding.....some brilliant models who really understand how to showcase his outfits.
Highlight of the week.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloesaab View Post
you've got the couture definition so wrong, to me this is less couture that Elie Saab and Dior, anyways i like this collection
how was my definition wrong? my basic understanding of couture is that it is dress making that fits a standard established by the couture making society in term of the number of hours(by hands) dedicated to making dresses, quality of materials, tailored made to specific customer and etc.

to me this collection looks way more couture than dior. i find dior collection to be so minimalistic as a couture collection. the shape, the architecture of clothing, details dont seem to required as much time to execute compare to jpg.

my other point is that, elie sabb and dior lack of creative and groundbreaking elements. sure many pieces from those collection, especially those from elie sabb, look stunningly gorgeous but then again they are not much different from what we have seen in the past.

to me raf's first collection for the house of dior is a big fail. what he did was mixing elements from jil sander and dior together to come up with the collection instead of bringing new ideas and elements into the collection.

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

HQs

vogue.it

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

vogue.it

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

vogue.it

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

vogue.it

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
how was my definition wrong? my basic understanding of couture is that it is dress making that fits a standard established by the couture making society in term of the number of hours(by hands) dedicated to making dresses, quality of materials, tailored made to specific customer and etc.

to me this collection looks way more couture than dior. i find dior collection to be so minimalistic as a couture collection. the shape, the architecture of clothing, details dont seem to required as much time to execute compare to jpg.

my other point is that, elie sabb and dior lack of creative and groundbreaking elements. sure many pieces from those collection, especially those from elie sabb, look stunningly gorgeous but then again they are not much different from what we have seen in the past.

to me raf's first collection for the house of dior is a big fail. what he did was mixing elements from jil sander and dior together to come up with the collection instead of bringing new ideas and elements into the collection.
+1 Totally Agree

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

FANSTASTIC. What a show. There is no way I would walk out of a JPG show. You just don't.

04-07-2012
windowshopping

Perfection. The men's croc pants, The women's tuxedo Vest/dress and coat ! The croc jackets, Oh that was beautiful.

04-07-2012
front row

loved this collection my favorite! with the Givenchy ( yet I'm not objectif)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, f or w, gaultier, hc, jean, paris, paul