How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-02-2010
Wanderlust

Really loved this and the show .

28-02-2010
windowshopping

Elegant

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyname View Post
Those sorts of women could buy Simons' take on Chanel skirt suits. And I think they would bite, because no one with much taste, given the recession, would want to be wearing a brand new, obviously real Chanel suit.

(I still don't quite see the Tomb Raider and Anna-in-Chanel elements meshing well together, but he certainly gives something for different demographics with this approach)
I don't think so. Women who buy Chanel suits will just opt for less decoration, not confusing imitations.

28-02-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterlein View Post
I don't think so. Women who buy Chanel suits will just opt for less decoration, not confusing imitations.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, because I don't consider women who buy Chanel suits to be a major consumer of Jil Sander clothes. Sure, the Chanel woman and the Jil woman are probably in the same socio-economic class, but Chanel is far too stuffy and ostentatious for the Jil woman. I think the original commenter who I replied to was trying to say that there isn't much for a modern businesswoman (a demographic Raf/Jil plays well for) in this collection, and that's where I saw the Chanel-type suits key.
I could easily imagine the sorts of women who would never step foot in a Chanel boutique but would find a pared-down, reinvented Chanel-type suit from Jil Sander to be an attractive buy this Fall. But maybe that's just me.

01-03-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyname View Post
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, because I don't consider women who buy Chanel suits to be a major consumer of Jil Sander clothes. Sure, the Chanel woman and the Jil woman are probably in the same socio-economic class, but Chanel is far too stuffy and ostentatious for the Jil woman. I think the original commenter who I replied to was trying to say that there isn't much for a modern businesswoman (a demographic Raf/Jil plays well for) in this collection, and that's where I saw the Chanel-type suits key.
I could easily imagine the sorts of women who would never step foot in a Chanel boutique but would find a pared-down, reinvented Chanel-type suit from Jil Sander to be an attractive buy this Fall. But maybe that's just me.
I think she'll just buy a pared-down Chanel suit instead, is what I mean.

02-03-2010
fashion elite

I like it overall and I absoultely love the first outfit.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1011, f or w, jil, milan, sander