How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-02-2013
fashion insider

Yes, it is great concerning the construction, colors, wearability etc, but it also makes it boring. I Like the little details e.g. the gold at the end of the show.

23-02-2013
V.I.P.

vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

it just baffles me that both Jil and Raf are so amazing with colors yet choose some of the palest girls to wash it out. I can't love this collection because the redundancy of paleness killed the colors

23-02-2013
V.I.P.

stellar collection, the coats especially are some of the best I've seen so far this season

23-02-2013
Alluring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
The way that these clothes move are magical!
Agree, these draped dresses look stunning in motion.

Beautiful show, so many gorgeous and beautifully made pieces. I especially love the black section in the end, the fur coat on Sigrid and closing dress on Kirstin are to die for. Fantastic setting and soundtrack too, I'm so glad Frédéric is collaborating with Jil again.

23-02-2013
V.I.P.

What a letdown after such a beautiful collection last season. I was floored just by how mundane most of the looks were. Watching the collection was no more exciting than going grocery shopping. And I didn't see any movement in the pieces either, they all seemed very stiff to me. And I absolutely hated the hair and makeup. All girls looked like condoms.

V.I.P.

That coat in look 31!!!

I love it all; it's strong, wearable and elegant at once. Go Jil!

(Those paint drip sweaters, esp the black on charcoal - I want...).

I love the pocket design, and the little bars of colour or shine.

The bags and shoes are great too.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 23-02-2013 at 12:33 PM.
23-02-2013
V.I.P.

Flawless outerwear and tailoring as expected, she's an absolute master of cut. Love the proportions, love the colour pallet and the shoes are just plain gorgeous.

front row

She should definitely get rid of her current shoe and bag designers. The accessories don't speak the same intellectual and subtle language as her clothes do. Those shoes especially are once again way too overthought and could be by any label from Proenza Schouler to Burberry Prorsum. Really not feeling them.

Last edited by rip_ian curtis; 23-02-2013 at 01:14 PM.
23-02-2013
trendsetter

Absolutely love this collection! There was an inexplicable serenity to it all, I also love the kind of uniform feel I get from it. The cuts were superb (as always), wonderful colors, and the accessories were lust worthy.

23-02-2013
fashion insider

Without doubt, this collection is very wearable and functional, especially the coats. The textiles look lovely as well. For the most part though, it's sterile, unfeminine and unremarkable. Visually, it lacks that certain something that would make a woman stand out in the crowd.

Last edited by Morphe; 23-02-2013 at 02:58 PM.
23-02-2013
trendsetter

Sadly this collection does nothing on me, I mean her mastership is undeniable but I only like (not love) a few pieces and that's about it. Very forgettable, even more so than last season imo.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

Last edited by Jinadaze; 23-02-2013 at 03:25 PM.
23-02-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
What a letdown after such a beautiful collection last season. I was floored just by how mundane most of the looks were. Watching the collection was no more exciting than going grocery shopping. And I didn't see any movement in the pieces either, they all seemed very stiff to me. And I absolutely hated the hair and makeup. All girls looked like condoms.

Otherwise I agree.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
23-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphe View Post
Without doubt, this collection is very wearable and functional, especially the coats. The textiles look lovely as well. For the most part though, it's sterile, unfeminine and unremarkable. Visually, it lacks that certain something that would make a woman stand out in the crowd.
Her design has always had that sober, menswear-like approach to functionality and tailoring, so no wonder these pieces have that uniform-esque crispness and precision that womenswear usually does not have. Personally, I find that to be a refreshing alternative to what womenswear usually looks like; you can easily turn towards other designers for softened feminity and coquettish allure, the appeal of Jil Sander is however a much more 'quiet' and intimate one, something that does not necessarily need to strike with a fast statement.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, jil, milan, sander