Jil Sander Mens S/S 11 Florence - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-06-2010
fashion elite

I hate writing this, but this reminds me of Burberry SS05 menswear, with all the bright colors..although the difference being the color in that collection flowed very harmoniously w/ one another..in this collection, the colors all clash with one another and all look rather garish..You can easily tell Raf doesn't do color all that much.

But, I must say: those white floral-print shirts are absolutely adorable, and probably the only thing I'd ever consider buying from Jil.

21-06-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post
I hate writing this, but this reminds me of Burberry SS05 menswear, with all the bright colors..although the difference being the color in that collection flowed very harmoniously w/ one another..in this collection, the colors all clash with one another and all look rather garish..You can easily tell Raf doesn't do color all that much.

But, I must say: those white floral-print shirts are absolutely adorable, and probably the only thing I'd ever consider buying from Jil.
raf simons does so much color in his eponymous line and he has quite a history with jil sander using color. usually, it's a monochromatic look however. i like that he mixed it up this way. it's a bold directional statement. anyone can wear just one bold color, but can the modern fashion consumer pull off multiple?

V.I.P.

I'm late to this, but I was hoping to get some new perspective on the show after the initial disappointment. Still not seeing it, though. The collection is nothing more than a mashup of some structured basics and the elements of one of Raf's recent collections at his own label. (Was this spring the one with the snakes? His clothes have become so irrelevant it's hard to remember what season that was.)

I appreciate the bold saturation, but pretty colors and an amazing venue don't add up to a success.

22-06-2010
backstage pass

For some reason the first thing that popped in my mind was 'Saved by the bell' (yes, the nineties tv-show), I'm not quite sure that's a good thing.

22-06-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
this collection seems like an homage to Todd Oldham ca. 1994.... i love it
Totally

23-11-2010
backstage pass

So I'm back to rehashing old threads This week I'm blogging the Jil Sander shows.

When I first saw the collections I said the same thing I said for Prada; editors are going to shoot that to death.

Some other notable thoughts were:
-the collection really seems to be about the color accents more than the bold color. For example, detailing on the back of the jackets, the color of the pieces at the bottom most layer, and the soles of the shoes. I have a feeling that linings even brought more color into pieces
-the cut was very relaxed, very flowy and I loved that because to me it contrasts with my idea of the Raf Simon silhouette which is more rigid. Also I sadly couldn't get over the cut of the shorts... my thunder thighs would not be able to handle them and I keep wondering if they are lined... if not, I'm not sure if they should be put in stores for mass consumption
-both collections(menswear and womenswear) to me were making a point that luxury doesn't have to mean embellished and simplicity doesn't have to mean muted tones... we're stepping into a time of neo minimalism which is being brought on because although we are in an economic downturn, people are very optimistic about the future and really don't want to admit it to themselves...

23-11-2010
backstage pass

Here are some editorials the collection is in:

p Man About Town
Ph Willy Vanderperre
St Olivier Rizzo
Mo Christian Ochsenfahrt

homotography

Ten Outings
ph Andrea Spotorno
St Mattias Karlsson
Mo Anthon Wellsjo
p 10 Men

thefashionisto

Ph Alessandro Dal Buoni
St Andrew Davis
Mo Luka Badjnar
p Hero

thefashionisto

Last edited by markese91; 23-11-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: more dits
24-11-2010
chat~

markese, a lining so you can enter them easier?

Colour's definitely a big thing next year, women's and men's. Never seen it so clear. Doesn't seem to be any similarity any where, everybody's doing their own unique shades.

I think Man about Town looks like the S/S 07 campaign. Probably shot by Rizzo too. Thanks for posting all the pictures in the threads!

Last edited by gius; 24-11-2010 at 06:13 PM.
24-11-2010
backstage pass

no lining so all of their... junk won't fall out of those tensy little things, and so if they are sitting no one can see up them :/

24-11-2010
chat~

Hmm.. I think I know what you mean by junk

I have some pants with lining. I just tried those on.. I think I see what you mean now :p The lining was not even fitted at all, but somehow still hides most of my legs

24-11-2010
backstage pass

I think someone else did that a few seasons ago, the lining on short shorts. I think I read about it in 10 men. That sparked my love with them

26-11-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

those editorials make me obsessed over those floral shirts.

V.I.P.

^^ Me too

26-11-2010
backstage pass

I do love the shirts with the big florals but did anyone really care for the shirts with the mini print florals? I hated them. And then there looked to be like... arm warmers or like under armour... I hated that as well.

28-09-2011
V.I.P.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I noticed a great similarity between the printed sweaters and the artist Jim Lambie's work.

guidedstudiopractice1.files.wordpress.com/

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
11, florence, jil, mens, s or s, sander