How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-06-2011
chaos reigns

Very strong collection.

Huge fan of the shorts, bags and the chunky yet airy knits.

I have a big problem with the zipper jacket, thats the fugliest thing Ive seen on a catwalk in a couple of seasons now.

Keeping on the praise, loved that he moved away from his previous collection and did black.

18-06-2011
trendsetter

Nice, i think i see some new things .

fashion insider

i love everything!

19-06-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

while this collection looked more raf than jil in its styling, it definitely represents quite a strong outing for this house. over the past couple of seasons, we've seen him bounce between so many inspiration points that it's kind of refreshing to see him plug into that darkness that we saw at the tail end of the fall/winter shows for women in paris. it had everything from the python accents to the the challenging silhouettes to the the fetishistic boots. there's a part of me that just wishes he had put all of these new ideas into a more jil sander context. how would that transparent blazer -- which jumped directly onto my wish list -- have looked over a crisp white button down and black tailored pants in the jil sander tradition? or how might those marbled sweaters look under a slate gray suit cut to perfection?

backstage pass

I love the python texture in some pieces, specially applied in the frontal mini-bags, what I don't like is the python texture in different colors, quite tacky. Frankie Morello is pulling the frontal torso bags too. I think is a very very interesting trend.

backstage pass

It's true, the collection looks Raf-er than Jil-er, but it's such a good collection. The clothes make me horny, the boys inside as well. I love all thos plastic textures layered with those nice tailored garments, the accessories are great, the styling too.

Looking Up

I was about to lose hope, but then I saw those 2 shiny jackets. They look hella good.
Hate the shorts, I wouldn't even spit in their direction. The school boy look needs to go. Love the textures and shapes of the shirts.

19-06-2011
V.I.P.

What the hell are things on the models' neck?Should be necklaces/bags I guess
Not a fan,happy to not see another color blocking collection though

Looking Up

It's definitely a collection for the more tropical summer (even the hair looks wet). Everything is very protective and waterproof, which is great (especially where I live), but the looks here are too narrow. I don't want to look like a school kid.

19-06-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

Impeccable
I love the silhouette. It's almost as if they just came out of a pouring rain and decided to walk the show. It's not only the wet hair, but the all look feel pretty liquid-ish and yet it's really dark. There's also something really sleek and strong, when I look at the collection as a whole I see a sci-fi army in school boys shorts. Simply brilliant.

V.I.P.

Any video of the show?

19-06-2011
V.I.P.

V.I.P.

some nice outfits.

trendsetter

Black for summer? Someone's going to be super hot then. Is python the new black or something? Raf himself wore it in the end of the show and that shade of dark green was delish!
I see many elements from his previous shows, such as the zippers, black shorts, oversized jackets with wide sleeves, plastic bags from womenswear collections.
I think I'll have to digest it a bit longer...I see a lot of Raf by Raf Simons here but would like to see a bit more Jil in it...or at least in the styling.

20-06-2011
backstage pass

Never been a fan of his-- and a collection like this one just cements my less-than-favorable impression of him.

I don't see collection as progressive, innovative or anything that improves on the minimalist aesthetic-- never mind evolving the sleek, ultra-luxurious modern silhouette that is the definition of Jil Sander.

Am I looking at the same collection as those that want to wear everything??? Are full, pleated, high-waisted short shorts that don't even look flattering on women, look flattering on men? Or full, pleated pants that taper at the calve progressive? Or full, boxy-cut sweaters flattering on anyone-- men, or women? Not to mention the dowdy color palette and patterns that evoke cheap wrapping paper. Really?

CDG has their share of horrific silhouettes, but there's always a sense of humor, a genuine stroke of whimsy with Comme's collections, if only in the styling and presentation. Raf just seems so devoid of humor or whimsy. And this collection of pieces that recall the worst of 1989's fashion sensibilities is just horrible to me. And all the boys styled to look like Lurch from The Adam's Family just really makes me question: What are all you seeing that's so covetable???

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, jil, mens, milan, s or s, sander