How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2013
fashion elite

I really, really, really hate those shorts. I can't imagine them looking good on anyone, especially since they don't even look good on the models. What an underwhelming collection as a whole.

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

HQs

style.com

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

style.com

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

style.com

22-06-2013
backstage pass

I can't help but to love those shorts despite how unflatttering in reality they might be for many men. They seem like a lot of fun since they're giving an impression of a skirt and are quite comfortable I imagine. For those skinny legged guys I think they're fantastic.
Prints are interesting but the color palette is just odd. Footwear's nice, though I wish she'd showcase some sandals in SS presentations.
Altogether it is such a weird deviation from the JS basis, I guess when you put each piece aside there's nothing so unusual about it, but as a whole the mood of the collection just fails to impress me.

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

Imo, it appears as if she's trying to open up a bit more. A bit more experimental than usual. The use of the salmon color is fantastic! And while the prints seem pathetic in the middle on those knits, they look quite stellar, fun, and innovative on those ending pieces, particularly the suit. I love this look though http://imgbox.com/acfcvu3h it's so fresh, clean, and I love the subtle use of color on the accessories.

V.I.P.

Definitely more experimental on her part and I like most of..except that tie-dye looking faded plaid print....*shudder*

22-06-2013
fashion icon

Stunning collection the minimalist idea was there with incredibly tailor, it was sharp and well structure. I love the new proportion of trouser as well.

23-06-2013
trendsetter

Seriously, between mummy shorts for girls and these hideously boxy shorts that everyone insists on showing, it's going to be a very U G L Y 2014. If stick thin models look like they are wearing skirts, no one else will look any better. WTF.

backstage pass

God bless you Jil
This is amazing, everything is tailored to perfection and I can't help but love the cold minimalism of every outfit.

fashion insider

This is completely bold, with a cheeky nod and a wink at Raf Simons, I'm pleasantly surprised how JS is upping her game. I really like it when design veterans with impeccable credentials take risks like these. I'm looking forward to the women's collection.

23-06-2013
Stitch:the Hand

culottes for men,how clever! i really like it actually. like you said zazie it feels very bold for somebody who generally never strays too far....it still has all of her signature elements,especially in the way of the play on volume but you can tell she's trying to push a little a more with it.

23-06-2013
fashion insider

A lot of this reminds me of her last SS show, but with different colors and prints. But, it's still a distinct look that's her own, so that's certainly not a big deal to me, and i can respect her for not changing everything w/ each passing season. And like her previous menswear collections, the shoes are gorgeous. I like the black shoes with white toes; like a pair of Chucks, but in brogue form. Thumbs up, m'dear.

Last edited by eugenius; 23-06-2013 at 02:27 PM.
23-06-2013
fashion elite

ohh, Tim hasn't made a negative critic for a while, he is truly disappointed.

23-06-2013
rising star

Beautiful shapes, you can never ever get enough of her signature Chesterfield coat, the last look specially. however shoes: still room for improvement to match the women's

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, jil, mens, milan, s or s, sander