How to Join
27-11-2009
V.I.P.

internet ?

the online shop ?

uk shop is doing sales ...

28-11-2009
flaunt the imperfection

they def still have some stuff at the NY store but not a lot...
there are still coats though, if that is what you want in particular...

i'm looking forward to seeing what they will have for spring already!

28-11-2009
fashion insider

Yes, I am also highly anticipating the SS'10 collection launch - Luckily they opened a new Paris store right in time of when the debut collection hit the shelves worldwide so I could check out the pieces in person (I ended up buying the antracite wool military blouson and a white shirt with bold black stripes... both pieces have become 'faithful friends' already).

I wasn't too sure how this would turn out next to the highly disappointing H&M designer collaborations that mostly looked trashy and poor in the detailing, J+ however is a real delight up close... beautiful, tight stitching on the shirts, premium YKK zippers and nice fabrics - These pieces are definitely nicer than most secondary line designer collections, such as McQ, Coming Soon by Yohji or Comme des Garcons Shirt (especially since the price is considerably better).

The only pieces I didn't like; the stretch cotton jerseys as well as the denim... but this being just the first season, I am sure there's room for improvement... Also - has anyone seen the two dresses on? I think there's a cotton shirt dress with a keyhole neckline and a belted waist that looks nice and incomplicated... I could see that looking smashing both with a pair of tall boots from Ann or a pair of nice Pierre Hardy flats!

28-11-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
(I ended up buying the antracite wool military blouson
I wanted to buy this, but didn't.
is it good ? i was really hesitating.
i didn't try it on. too many people in the shop !

28-11-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
Judging from the fact that I'm wearing mine almost daily since I've had the arms a slight bit taken in, I would easily say I am more than pleased with the jacket - I could have lived with a slight bit longer arms (they're still a tolerable length, though), but other than that, it's still in impeccable shape (I was concerned that the wool might pill because I'm often wearing a backpack on the bike but it hasn't).

I'm amused about the fact that I am continously asked if it's an early Dior Homme jacket and it's true that the zipper and snap button finishing and cut is somewhat in tune with his silhouette... They must have done something right that the clothes have that certain appeal!

28-11-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
they def still have some stuff at the NY store but not a lot...
there are still coats though, if that is what you want in particular...

i'm looking forward to seeing what they will have for spring already!
i really want to get a coat the one with the belt around the wast. i'll be traveling to NYC to check in a week to out schools so i can check out UNIQLO while i'm there.

has anyone bought a wool coat? is the quality good. i like wol coats but i don't like flimsy material wool coats i like the sturdy thick heavy wool

Last edited by adore dior; 28-11-2009 at 09:28 PM.
10-12-2009
Vol de Nuit

spring 10 is coming out on december 23 over here
don't know if it's worldwide though.

fashionsnap

Let the stars decide
10-12-2009
Aby
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
Same! I can't believe how crowded this store always is!

10-12-2009
flaunt the imperfection

thanks runner- i'm going to stop by tomorrow and check to see if they when it is arriving here...

:p

tricot-
i saw the dresses and they definitely sold really well ..
they are one of the styles that was restocked because it was so popular...
especially the nylon taffeta one...
i thought that one looked nice but didn't try it on...
they both looked a little too stiff for me...
i'm hoping the denim will be good for spring

adore- the coats are very sturdy and thick wool...
almost too thick for my liking...but sounds like just the thing for you...

10-12-2009
V.I.P.

press release and behind the scenes pics from the ad campaign from nitrolicious.com. the spring collection comes out early i think.

Spring/Summer 2010 collection is slated to hit the UNIQLO Soho store on Thursday, January 14, 2010. For spring, Jil Sander “introduces fresh perspectives on volume, teamed with perfect harmony in fiber, color, optics, and touch. Experimentation is essential, but subtle, leading to new interplays of material and motion.” The Spring/Summer 2010 product price range from $49.50-$149.50 (Outerwear, Coats & Jackets), $39.50-$59.50 (Bottoms), $39.50 (Shirts), $49.50-$99.50 (Dresses), $10.50-$49.50 (Cut & Sewn) and $29.50-$129.50 (Knitwear).
Iconic simplicity
Leaving sporty stereotypes behind, endorses functional elegance, dynamic textiles, and distinctive shapes. Softly articulated, silhouettes give free reign to movement and ease. Fabrics are straightforward, expertly woven, alluringly sculptured, neat and subtle. Initiating marriages of convenience between structure and fluidity, delicacy and determination, coupling strong characters for the common good.
Natural nobility
The collection quietly bridges the emotional and the formal, femininity and masculinity, experience and evolution. Luxury lies in inspiration and discreet perfectionism, applied to truly modern tailoring. Environmental concerns move to the heart of research, engaging in clothing that is both responsible and innovative.
Clarity and Lightness
Opting for the precision of airy colors, white and pure ivory feature as the radiant center of energy and confidence. Pastel hues, pearly reflections, and chalked out acids create luminous lightness. Waterproof textiles become more feminine, made of ultra-fine cotton, tech-satins and sumptuous wools with an overwhelming impression of liquidity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg behind1.jpg (23.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg behind2.jpg (45.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg behind3.jpg (31.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg behind4.jpg (39.0 KB, 10 views)

windowshopping

This looks wonderful, thanks for the pictures! I like the first black dress and the blouses.

Last edited by apricot; 10-12-2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: typo
11-12-2009
vertebrae by vertebrae

thanks for the new images, runner.

adore - I recently got and have been wearing this one lately and it keeps me super warm. The wool is really thick the quality overall is really good, particularly for the price. overall, the wool jackets are definitely worth the cost and then some.

(pic from Fashionologie)

Last edited by Inaya; 11-12-2009 at 11:13 PM.
23-12-2009
fashion insider

There's a piece reviewing the SS'10 line on WWD, could someone with an account post the whole article as well as images? Having made a few very satisfying purchases last season that I've gotten a lot of use of so far, I'm pretty excited to see what's new for spring!

http://www.wwd.com/retail-news/jil-s...j-line-2400439

24-12-2009
loaded and locked

i happened to be in ginza yesterday around noon for the launch here in tokyo. I missed the first round so I popped in--- lots of pastel puffy vests, cut-sews, super soft t-shirts and tank-tops a la J. Perse. and lightweight jackets in shiny poly that look like silk. I got there at 12:30 and most everything had already been picked over and all they have left are L-sizes. I found a long shiny jacket in eggplant purple- the last S someone had dropped by the wayside and hidden- with a rounded front and attached belt for about 15,000 yen (I guess will be about $150). It's a beautiful jacket--and perfect for spring!

25-12-2009
Vol de Nuit

you're welcome softgrey, Inaya

it seems that the second delivery is scheduled to come at the beginning of march.

nissenmedia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg j.JPG (93.2 KB, 21 views)

Let the stars decide
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jil, sander, uniqlo