How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2011
fashion insider

I have to say I tried on the clothes, sadly the cut/tailoring was very "off" for my build (skinny), not unlike Dries van Noten's. The prices are unbeatable, but I can't find something I can wear, i.e. the fit I am used to from other designers.

02-10-2011
fashion icon

^i agree. i was rather disappointed with the collection so far. the fit this season is really off, especially in the sleeves of several coats and jackets that i tried.

i bought the peacoat style wool/cashmere blend online and had to return it. not sure if it's just me, but i find the sizing this season runs a little big. for last year's collection, a size s would fit me perfectly, but this year even a size xs feels a little big in some areas.
that tux style wool/cashmere coat isnt that bad, i remember it had one of the better fits.

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

I so wish there was any way I could get my hands on some pieces from this final collection It sucks so much that their online shop only ships within the UK. I desperately want some of the cardigans from the men's collection and some shirts from the women's. I hope it will still be available the next time I'm in London (in December or January )

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
I so wish there was any way I could get my hands on some pieces from this final collection It sucks so much that their online shop only ships within the UK. I desperately want some of the cardigans from the men's collection and some shirts from the women's. I hope it will still be available the next time I'm in London (in December or January )
they might still have some sale stuff then.
i think the new designer (undercover) will be out in february.

V.I.P.

^I hope so! And I'm actually excited about the Undercover collection as well. Uniqlo really needs to open more stores in Europe (Not in Switzerland because I don't want everyone else here wearing their stuff, but in Germany or Italy :p).

10-09-2014
V.I.P.

selected pieces are coming back!

The relaunch will be composed of 42 items (27 for men and 15 for women).

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
selected pieces are coming back!

The relaunch will be composed of 42 items (27 for men and 15 for women).
OMG, when???

Any source where to read and see more about this?

10-09-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat View Post
OMG, when???

Any source where to read and see more about this?
from wwd. it's under a paywall. suposedly the items will be released this month. it's a "best of" collection.

flaunt the imperfection

great news...great idea...

thx for the info lucy

10-09-2014
Ère de ℳodernité

Oh thank goodness!

Ère de ℳodernité

Quote:
In response to "overwhelming customer demand" per a release, the brand has put together a "Greatest Hits" of the +J line, heavy on that perfect outerwear, just in time for fall. Pieces will cost between $39.90 - $229.90, and launch exclusively at Uniqlo's new Philadelphia outpost on October 3. It will then become available on Uniqlo's website and at select stores on October 10.
- FASHIONISTA.COM

I've a bad feeling that this won't come to the Paris stores

V.I.P.

Yes! I hope there's a good selection of pieces...

10-09-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Uniqlo has announced the temporary return of Jil Sander's +J line, with a special 'greatest hits' collection of the most popular styles the German designer created for the Japanese high street label.

Set to arrive on September 23, the 'Best of Collection' will see the brand reissue some of the best-loved pieces from its multi-season capsule collaboration with minimalist design legend Jil Sander.

Uniqlo announced the news Wednesday, putting the move down to "overwhelming customer demand." The collection, which became a fave with fashionistas, first appeared for Fall/Winter 2009 and lasted over five seasons, serving up clothes that captured Sander's minimalist, functional philosophy at high street prices.

Pieces being revisited for the greatest hits collection include the men's cotton button-down shirts, sweaters and coats in wool, down jackets and technical fabric parkas.

Available in all of Uniqlo's markets apart from Russia, the UK launch will take place in London in sync with the Vogue magazine-organized Fashion's Night Out, with clothes appearing online from 9am and launching in the flagship Oxford Street store at 6pm.
Yahoo News

10-09-2014
Stitch:the Hand

wonderful idea but i'm afraid it will all sell out before i even have the chance.

13-09-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
wonderful idea but i'm afraid it will all sell out before i even have the chance.
the new sander collection will be available in my state at a mall about 30 miles outside of the city, so i will have to trek out there if i want to see it in person.

annoyingly, prices on a wide variety of garments at uniqlo in general are lower online than instore and uniqlo will not match the price, fyi.

so it may be best for everyone to buy this collection online.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jil, sander, uniqlo