How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-03-2009
V.I.P.

^isn't the whole point for it to be inexpensive though?

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."

29-03-2009
V.I.P.

i always see designer collaborations with high street stores as not as expensive as ready-to-wear but not as inexpensive as usual high street stuff. sort of in the middle, which i find still expensive.

29-03-2009
V.I.P.

^yeah, I know what you mean. I guess time will tell, but it's be amazing if they actually stuck to their low price point with this collaboration.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
29-03-2009
rising star

This is so exciting, and it's getting super-hyped up already, but there's no Uniqlo in Dublin! May have to hop over to London to get a look at it, ho-hum.

loaded and locked

people seem to be a little confused here....she is not desiging a capsule collection like the other Uniqlo collaborations...she is basically the "Creative Director"...like Costas at Calvin Klein, Like Marc Jacobs at LV. There will be no `Jil Sander for Uniqlo` lines. She is working on it ALL.

30-03-2009
V.I.P.

^ oh my god that just makes me EVEN more excited.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

19-04-2009
front row

Can't wait! Give me more, pls.

19-04-2009
fashion elite

SOOOO excited!!!!!

23-04-2009
El Viaje Definitivo

her latest statement about this
no time to translate it now. but anyway

Quote:
多くの提携依頼がありましたが、私は完璧(かんぺき)主義の慎重派なのでめったに応じなかった。ユニクロか らの話には驚きましたが、経験や技術をこれからの時代に生かせる、最も適切で革新的な企画ではないかと気づ きました。

私は高品質と純粋さを追求してきました。ユニクロは高機能素材を作り、世界の適所で生産して低価格を実現 している。力を合わせれば、美しく快適で、シンプルさの中に知性やぜいたくさが感じられる服が作れるのでは 。それこそ全く新しい、近未来のファッションだと思います。

人々の関心は、食や生活品などにあり、高級服はあまり売れなくなった。プレタポルテが高くなりすぎたせい もありますが、アイポッドのように世界中の多くの人が普通に買える、洗練された規格品が服にも 必要です。

ベーシックで体にフィットするTシャツやジャケット、コートを作りたい。値段は今までの服の100分の1 くらいだけれど、最新の技術があればできる。この仕事は私から人々への贈り物なのです。

http://www.asahi.com/fashion/topics/...904160198.html

Let the stars decide
23-04-2009
V.I.P.

dont get a word of that!

24-04-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotineacetat View Post
i think such a collaboration, if executed, marketed and communicated properly (=as in being available to a wide audience of people), could very well change the way of dressing in favour of a more 'put-together', yet unfussy style for the mainstream and the fashion-forward customer alike. i would be very happy for any available counterbalance to the style currently sported by the majority of celebrities and their fashion followers that would be more towards an emphasize on properly constructed garments that express a more sophisticated way of dressing than just t-shirt layering.
Interesting thoughts, I definitely agree it would be great to see that happen but is it wishful thinking? Let's not forget that the primary Uniqlo customers are older Japanese who shop there for functional basics like their heat tech garments (and only 5% of sales are outside Japan). Call me a skeptic but Uniqlo is planning expansion in Germany and France soon so perhaps it's also a small part of the reason they are seeking Jil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishahoi View Post
people seem to be a little confused here....she is not desiging a capsule collection like the other Uniqlo collaborations...she is basically the "Creative Director"...like Costas at Calvin Klein, Like Marc Jacobs at LV. There will be no `Jil Sander for Uniqlo` lines. She is working on it ALL.
Yes but Jil and Uniqlo are also working on a special collection bearing her signature look for fall, no?

24-04-2009
loaded and locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner View Post
her latest statement about this
no time to translate it now. but anyway

www.asahi.com/fashion/topics/TKY200904160198.html
I think this was already said in English?

Anyway,
"I am an absolute perfectionist, so even though I had a lot of offers (for jobs) I hardly ever responded to them. I was quite surprised when I got the call from Uniqlo, but I realized working with them was the most innovative and fitting plan for realizing (my) new era of experience and design.

I have always sought simplicity and high quality. Uniqlo is manufacturing highly functional fabrics and presenting them for a very reasonable price. I think it`s possible that if we put or strengths together, we can make pieces that are beautiful and comfortable, with simplicity, sophistication, and a sense of luxury as well. I think this is exactly what near-futuristic fashion truly is.

People are thinking more about food and daily life, and high-end clothing isn`t selling well anymore. Perhaps pret-a-porter clothing becoming so expensive is one reason for this, but just like how an iPod can be put in the hands of people the world over, the same kind of cool-but-affordable thing is necessary in fashion, too.

I want to make T-shirts, coats and jackets, simple things that fit the body well. Even though the price is only about 1/100 of what I have done before, as long as I have the technology it can be done. This job is my gift to everyone."

25-04-2009
backstage pass

^ Can't wait!

V.I.P.

she may not be allowed to use her own name in regards to uniqlo.

im not sure of the legal circumstances. does anyone know?

backstage pass

Uniqlo is on a on a charge. In central London their stores are absolutely everywhere and they seem to be taking on HM. But the brand gives a very cheap impression like American Apparel and have failed to sway me. I've stepped into their stores with friends at times but I've never wasted my time trying anything on.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jil, sander, uniqlo