How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

this is why i love him.... flawless collection, so feminine and strong, sexy and inocent.... this has to live, his work just cannot be over.

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

Gorgeous collection!!! soooo beautiful. this is what Dior should have looked like.

06-03-2011
trendsetter

Swan Song

http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2011...-for-galliano/

John Galliano’s signature collection, despite the troubles of its designer, was shown this afternoon in a building on the Avenue Foch, the same one where Miu Miu has, up until this season, presented. The atmosphere was somewhat surreal, with arriving editors expecting an informal presentation, only to discover that seats had been scattered around for a slightly more formal showing on models.

Sidney Toledano, the chief executive of Dior, which also invests in the Galliano brand, was helping some editors through a crush on the steps, his presence perhaps a signal of support for the behind-the-scenes staff members of Mr. Galliano’s atelier. They, too, have been going through an incredibly difficult period since the designer’s arrest last week after making allegedly anti-Semitic remarks during a confrontation at a Paris bar.

Karlie Kloss opened the show in a dark houndstooth jacket with a leather skirt, and the clothes that followed included a fairly straightforward, and typically Galliano, mix of romantic dresses, a loosely draped mint kimono with black lace appliqué, a black vinyl trench and a silk halter dress printed with what appeared to be curlicues of cigarette smoke.

The clothes gave no hint about the mood of the house, but the music selection suggested a sense of loss: Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep,” which includes the line “We could have had it all,” and, at the finale, the opening of Coldplay’s “Viva La Vida,” which begins with “I used to rule the world …”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5TNK-TvIcI

Last edited by angel222; 06-03-2011 at 02:24 PM.
06-03-2011
front row

Incredible collection!
My absolute favorite fall/winter collection!

Even in his darkest moments, John Galliano proved that he's the king of glamorous and dramatic style, and one of the greatest designers of our time.

trendsetter

This can even be a wonderful Dior collection but, gosh, John is a genius and he gives it all in this collection.

06-03-2011
tfs star

After seeing this collection and if LVMH is still going to drop this label, it would be an opportune time for, say, PPR to pick Galliano up. If it's as easy as that. At the end of it, it's all about business and there are many people who would still buy.

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

OMG! The final music from Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2008

06-03-2011
rising star

This is absolutely gorgeous. Fantastic setting and the clothes were pretty wearable!

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

perfection. i love that his collection is sooo much better than Dior's

06-03-2011
backstage pass

Can someone provide a video of the whole show please? That is the last thing I need now to burst into tears and go all swallen to school tomorrow morning.
Judging by the pictures this is one of the most angelic collections I've ever seen from Galliano, and I agree with some of the comments above, I am sure he knew what he was doing at Dior. Honestly, if I knew I was going to get fired like this I would've put bird crap on the actual clothes. Such a disrespectful decision deserves a disrespectful collection. -.-

V.I.P.

Full Collection HQs - Part 1

vogue.it

V.I.P.

HQs - Part 2

vogue.it

backstage pass

More John Galliano Fall 2011 close ups

daylife.com

backstage pass

[quote=christian zh;8837111]don't quote images/videos[/quote]

The song is When the Lights go Down by Basement Jaxx and I feel strongly that the song was really inappropriate! Wonder who chose the song, Sidney Toledano?
OMG the emoticon is called innocent and there are music notes. How appropriate...

Last edited by lucy92; 06-03-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: don't quote images/videos
06-03-2011
V.I.P.

vogue.co.uk

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, galliano, john, paris