How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-10-2004
V.I.P.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51458138.jpg (46.0 KB, 33 views)

09-10-2004
V.I.P.

i love this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51458140.jpg (42.8 KB, 47 views)

09-10-2004
Unveil Yourself....

LOVE those wings on some of the models.....Galliano Gazette is back (ofcourse) And that yellow purse looks so cute....

twitter.com/ErikP87
09-10-2004
Unveil Yourself....

Quote:
Paris fashion: Galliano's eccentric trash queens

PARIS (AFP) - After a day of spring-summer 2005 collections focused on romance and elegance, British designer John Galliano put on a spectacular show where the queens of eccentricity reigned supreme.

Galliano, who earlier this week abandoned his usual theatrical style with an accessible, pretty ready-to-wear collection for Christian Dior, saved the drama for his own performance at a theater near the Arc de Triomphe.

He sent out a court of trash princesses, true recycling-friendly royalty in hats made from crushed aluminum or what looked like children's flotation devices.

For his own label, the British designer no longer worries about whether or not his creations can actually be worn, and neither do the fashion editors and buyers. The whole point is to sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Yellow tweed coats with fake patches, long tee-shirts adorned with bits of fabric made to look like rags and ruched denim jackets kept the theme running, but beware: Galliano manages to sneak in some actual clothes each season.

An ostrich coat, jeans studded with faux diamonds, spencers with pearl embroidery, light draped pink dresses and an embroidered psychedelic jacket stood out from the whirlwind catwalk craziness.

Above all, Galliano doesn't want his ladies to go unnoticed.
From yahoo.com

twitter.com/ErikP87
09-10-2004
Unveil Yourself....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (22.0 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (37.0 KB, 54 views)

twitter.com/ErikP87
09-10-2004
Unveil Yourself....

Sorry for all the double posts and editing, but it's going wrong all the time...

twitter.com/ErikP87
09-10-2004
Unveil Yourself....

Quote:
Galliano Aims for Hippies at Fashion Show

By JAMEY KEATEN, Associated Press Writer

PARIS - John Galliano is reaching out to flower children — especially those with a platinum credit card. The zany designer, working for his eponymous fashion house, interspersed denim into fluffy cotton dresses and decked out his models in clunky, fur-lined hiking boots — some with stiletto heels — at his spring-summer 2005 ready-to-wear show on Saturday.

As usual, it was sensory overload. There were pillbox hats, multicolored bikinis, pleated skirts with newspaper print designs and basket-like or inflatable hats. Some models had balloons in tow.

Galliano said he was inspired by what young women look like after a few days at the Glastonbury Festival, the revelry-rich music bash that draws thousands of fans to southwest England each year.

Any hippie could recognize the psychedelia: marijuana-leaf designs and bulbous, lava lamp-like shapes on light skirts in bright pink, orange and yellow.

And then there were the flowers. When there weren't outright flower hats in soft pink tones, draping skirts looked like garlands — a bit like Hawaiian leis.

"It's the idea of flowers growing out of anywhere, whether it's denim or tweed, and very Glastonbury," Galliano said after his show at the Empire Theater. The only thing missing was the mud.

A poster backstage said: "$60 billion heiresses take Glastonbury by storm — too rich to walk."
Also from yahoo.com...

twitter.com/ErikP87
09-10-2004
Unveil Yourself....

Forgot a part from that review, here it is: The tunes fit the bill. A medley of Motown hits, the Beach Boys and the Beatles was woven into a baseline of the Nirvana hit "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

twitter.com/ErikP87
09-10-2004
trendsetter

Fur hats and fur trimmed boots for Sp/Su

I'm sorry, this collection just isn't working for me.

fashion elite

I quite like it. With the exception of the last few pieces... tattered clothes and fur boots..

V.I.P.

the entire collection is now up at style.com...

Quote:
PARIS, October 9, 2004

What was John Galliano thinking about as he conjured up his spring 2005 collection? Here's what: Woolworth heiress Barbara Hutton, one of the most iconic society figures of twentieth century America, meets Sienna Miller, It girl Brit actress starring in the twenty-first century remake of sixties film Alfie. Where? At England's legendary Glastonbury Festival. What did they do? Rocked out, into the wee hours, to a soundtrack of "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds," "Good Vibrations," and "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

All over the place? Yes, but this is Galliano's modus operandi: to layer disparate reference upon disparate reference, then top off the lot with some very playful, inventive accessories. The strategy stretches right back to his time in London in the eighties, where strips of twig, smashed eyeglasses, and even some fish all turned up--memorably--on the runway. This time round, Galliano must have hit Toys "R" Us for the kids' balloons that trailed behind the models and the inflatable plastic pool toys that were worn as hats. Yet there were more "serious" accessories here, too: Bollywood-worthy fake-flower cuffs and necklaces; slouchy sequin knit hats, the likes of which you'd never have seen on any Seattle grungester in the nineties; and fur used for thong-tied flat boots?an unexpected, and highly effective, counterpoint to the more extravagantly glamorous evening looks.

What to wear to this strange, fabulous party? How about the Schiaparelli-esque gold lamé fitted jacket, with enormous folds of fabric dramatically draped onto the shoulder, or a gem-studded, tiny-waisted ombré chiffon ball dress (the Hutton influence)? Perhaps you'd prefer a shiny, swirling, hallucinogenic floral coat, or a lime-green ruffled dress with a psychedelic cartoon-print scarf trailing off the shoulders (for a Miller moment).

Either way, with all this going on, there's no need for Galliano's usual heavy, theatrical makeup. Just let your face go naked, let down your hair, and? party!

10-10-2004
V.I.P.

10-10-2004
V.I.P.

10-10-2004
V.I.P.

^ i absolutely love this look!

10-10-2004
V.I.P.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, galliano, john, s or s