How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

catwalking.com

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

the hair and make-up suck! it's as if they combined that bang from Dior S/S 2009 and the braid from F/W 2010

02-10-2011
rising star

Everyone is being so over-dramatic about this collection. I thought that it was going to be 10 times worse and boring from the comments I've been reading. I believe that Gaytten put in a lot of effort to try to stick to the Galliano look. Obviously, it wasn't going to be a Galliano collection, and to expect that of Gaytten is moronic; it's like expecting Sarah Burton to create the same quality of clothing as McQueen did. It just wasn't going to happen. I'm thinking more dramatic make-up and a more fun runway would have made this show really good. The clothes themselves weren't ugly, if anything, some of the pieces were really nice, and to think that it was hideous or horrible is just ignorant, pretentious, and plain stupid.

windowshopping

atrocious.

02-10-2011
fashion insider

What a shame.

02-10-2011
rising star

If I was a real fashion lover or a Galliano fan, I wouldnt assist to this show. Man, no wonder they say fashion is hypocrite and such a btch.

Beyond the make.up and the hair and all that, the whole idea of trying to fill a void and achieve the vision of someone who hasnt lost it, who is alive and has a lot to offer and so much better than this it's just awful.

Galliano must be wanting to gas himself.
This is wrong.

fashion insider

I think a lot of the comments posted so far are unnecessarily dramatic. Its not a disaster of a collection like some have made out. Under very trying circumstances, this man has put together a good collection and perhaps it might not stand up to the standard of Galliano, we seem to be forgetting that he's not John Galliano. He is doing what he's required to do.

front row

I the dresses on Alina and Jourdan...but everything else just doesn't work...and it's a shame...I'm sure John has given his approval to Bill and has faith in him...that gives me some peace (hopefully)

02-10-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapeste View Post
Everyone is being so over-dramatic about this collection. I thought that it was going to be 10 times worse and boring from the comments I've been reading. I believe that Gaytten put in a lot of effort to try to stick to the Galliano look. Obviously, it wasn't going to be a Galliano collection, and to expect that of Gaytten is moronic; it's like expecting Sarah Burton to create the same quality of clothing as McQueen did. It just wasn't going to happen. I'm thinking more dramatic make-up and a more fun runway would have made this show really good. The clothes themselves weren't ugly, if anything, some of the pieces were really nice, and to think that it was hideous or horrible is just ignorant, pretentious, and plain stupid.
I agree with you. It's obvious that people are just hating simply because Galliano's no longer around. And some of the pieces really do look like Galliano's work. Anything that Gaytten puts out does not have to look Galliano's recent work. For example, this dress resembles some of Galliano's work from the 90s.

02-10-2011
backstage pass

Why is this brand being kept alive? I mean its Galliano's namesake and to keep it alive when the guy is still around just doesn't make sense.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, galliano, john, paris, s or s