How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

John Galliano S/S 2012 Paris
First look

nowfashion.com

02-10-2011
tfs star

WWWOWWW That's how you mess with people's brand!
This doens't look like a Galliano show at all! And that "right arm" of John G. took really good care of his place (NOT) in dior and his own brand this guy is destroying Galliano identity and brand awarness!
I can't believe this .... at least they should stop Galliano's since he's sick! Not put someone to erase the brand with blant collections!
Where's the art and the drama!?

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

where is Pat McGrath? does she not do make-up for them anymore? I miss the over the top make-up

02-10-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelalmeida View Post
This doens't look like a Galliano show at all! And that "right arm" of John G. took really good care of his place (NOT) in dior and his own brand this guy is destroying Galliano identity and brand awarness!
I can't believe this .... at least they should stop Galliano's since he's sick! Not put someone to erase the brand with blant collections!
chill out dude

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

Little Bo Peep on crack

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Yeah , its kind of tragic to watch now , its middling brand now with no oomph

02-10-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
I completely agree. I think its completely disrespectful to take someone's namesake line away from them just for someone else to make bad versions of classic Galliano designs. I'm not condoning with anything John did, nor do I want him back at Dior, but GIVE HIM HIS LINE BACK!!!!

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

it actually isnt bad, and the final gowns are heavenly... it's just I dont know how you can continue a line without the creator's vision. Galliano's line allowed him to experiment a lot more with eras and silhouettes

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

Someone please stop that guy, the whole collection is tacky and awful It's really sad to see Galliano's brand going down the drain like this, could they not just have kept their hands off it?

02-10-2011
backstage pass

From the previews I can say that the collction isn't that good. I don't like even the accessories.
Here are some more pics:

fashionshow-w.blogspot.com

02-10-2011
scenester

in name only ....

Geometric Discharge

It's not horrific, but it doesn't feel Galliano.
There are some very obvious ruffles and some extremely on-trend structured cocoon jackets, both of which don't feel John, the former tragically feeling like current Valentino..
I think Gaytten is too wrapped up in Dior to fully understand Galliano's own brand - it's much softer, more experimental and hence tends to be about 100% more beautiful.
It feels as if Gaytten didn't understand Galliano's exquisite use of drape, but tried to convey it with flat-pattern over-sized pieces or dresses embellished in ruffles or parts that droop.
I'm finding it hard to understand how the designer thought through that one black sheer finale dress with the strange and awquard shapes.. how he decided that it would be beautiful that way.
Galliano's clothes worked because they were draped, he could create voluminous shapes but they were flattering because they answered to the shape of the body.
As below:

style.com

02-10-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatouejeremie View Post
chill out dude
I'm sorry but it's my opinion!
I rarely say bad criticism on TFS threads in general, but this situation makes me really sad because Galliano is sick and Pinault should end his line because it's John name on the table and instead he choose his "right arm" and that choice is ruining his brand, because it not translate Galliano this collection he's messing with it's identity that's why i'm angry about this situation!

Last edited by miguelalmeida; 02-10-2011 at 01:16 PM.
02-10-2011
front row

Bill knows sh&t. He's such a mediocre ''designer''.

Last edited by Peregrina_RZ; 02-10-2011 at 01:15 PM.
02-10-2011
V.I.P.

This is a bastardization of the Galliano brand.I feel like Bill & LMVH are tryng to purposefully disrespect Galliano's name, as a way oif punishing him. It's the only excuse for such a bad collection.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, galliano, john, paris, s or s