How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2012
fashion elite

Ehat is the point of having John Galliano when you dont even have the designer doing this? I mean its not the same as Jil Sander, this is completely different and worthless.
The colection is not bad, there are some good pieces but the stylist is the one we should take a bow because he made an icredible job. Other than that..next!

01-10-2012
Hell on Heels

^ i also wonder if this line is making any money at all. I mean, this wasnt profitable even when John was still in the house. I don't see the point of keeping it up.

01-10-2012
doldrums

I like this collection and it's one of my favorites thus so far. Yeah of course it reminds me of Yohji. I'll admit that I don't know much about Gaytten though.

01-10-2012
& b

this is really insulting and has nothing to do with john galliano or his company's history whatsoever.

a disrespectful slap in the face from the lvmh corporate executives.

V.I.P.

Why is this brand still existing?

01-10-2012
& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Why is this brand still existing?
spite.

clever ain't wise

It's not as bad as the other collections. But it's also not Galliano at all. This mute Gary Numan like quality has nothing whatsoever to do with Galliano...

02-10-2012
fashion insider

It looks really like Yamomoto collection. It's too dark and boring for Galliano collection.

02-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
spite.
yeah..powerplay, it's very silly indeed.

V.I.P.

Looking back at the collection, this has to be the most pleasant surprise this season. I guess Bill performs better when he is not in the limelight and constantly under the radar!

02-10-2012
backstage pass

All I see is a lot of bedsheets :/

07-10-2012
backstage pass

John Galliano by Bill Gaytten (ex Dior)
Those saying it's not Galliano are meaning merely - not the Galliano I'm familiar with. And you are right. But to get the dialogue here one has to go back to Galliano between 1984 and 1988. I don't, didn't, go back that far either. But search engines are wonderful things.

It's in fact the japonisme deconstructive minimalism which Galliano shared with Vivienne Westwood and McQueen. And which all came from Yohji and Rei. In the 80's. The counterpoise to not only Mugler, Alaia, Montana, Lacroix and Versace. But also, of course, to Ralph Lauren. It was a rejection of ostentation which also harked back to the punk spirit.

The collection is excellent. I didn't in fact understand that Bill Gaytten goes a real long way back with John. Was even working with him since before Stephen came onto the scene. So he understand the old school Galliano codes very well.

Bill's shapes were very Dior of the Christian variety early on. But then moved over to Yohji and Rei. Including Rei last season. I also better understand why Marc Jacobs did that Dickens shapes last season. I think I saw a couple shapes owing something to Raf.

If that could mean it was something of a chart of current shape tracks, I didn't mind, in fact I enjoyed it. As an education in going back to the roots of the brand.

Like Balenciaga this season, perhaps it's a strengthening of the root chakra sent to awaken kundalini.

In that John has now launched his claim for recompense from Dior/Arnault he must be saying he is now ready to return. Ie his loss can now be quantified. I am wondering if he gets back Bill and the eponymous label as part of a settlement deal. That would have a poetic justice. Leave Dior but surely be allowed to own one's own name. If disgraced it be.

08-10-2012
V.I.P.

this only makes me sad when i see this because this looks nothing like something designed for the Galliano customer. It's so clean, and bland. Where is the life? I feel like it's a cheap Dries or Yohji collection

10-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
this only makes me sad when i see this because this looks nothing like something designed for the Galliano customer. It's so clean, and bland. Where is the life? I feel like it's a cheap Dries or Yohji collection
I agree absolutely. I watched the video today and i just felt really sad.

V.I.P.

I'd be surprised if we see another season. The brand was already not selling even when John was there, I can't imagine anyone seriously buying the work under Bill's direction.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, galliano, john, paris, s or s