How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2006
V.I.P.

i think if you take some of the individual pieces and mix it with some other (preferably more colorful, interesting) stuff, it will look good. his stuff looks very basic... but so does some of narcisco's best stuff and it always works

10-09-2006
backstage pass

I guess I'd wear some of the individual pieces, but yaaaawn.

10-09-2006
tfs star

i love this collection
it remind me of calvin kline

10-09-2006
trendsetter

His stuff is nice, but very, very boring. I don't need collections to be exciting to the point of being unwearable, and these are great lines, and include some very nice pieces that I'd even consider picking out for the "what are you wearing today" thread (:p), but that's just the thing: it's only nice.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandinavianchic
Ok, but inconsistent.
WHAT THE !? What is inconsistent about this? It's EXTREMELY consistent.

Very very nice and sleek. Love the minimalism and clean lines. If he can just sharpen things up a bit, he could be top notch and even a successor to Helmut Lang.

When everyone is going "in your face", this guy's designs are genius. Love the first outfit posted, the skinny silver pants and the second black short dress.

10-09-2006
fashion icon

^ I complete agree with you Kimkhuu . I didn't get that inconsistent comment either...

It's funny how some people like the whole minimalistic ideal but then find something like this 'boring'. His clothing is so simple and clean and I think this collection corresponds to his original aesthetic, which I think is great. He's still very young! Who knows where he'll be in 10, 20 years... Maybe he will succeed the likes of Helmut Lang .

Nice to see an Aussie model being casted too. Love the first two looks a lot (those grey pants ) and that blue trench on Cintia is perfection ! Overall, I think this collection was a hit.

Last edited by titania; 10-09-2006 at 10:51 PM.
10-09-2006
fashion icon

For liberty, Moofins and others who don't know who he is, Josh is one of the top Aussie designers at the moment. He's a hunk of spunk too :p!
Quote:

Josh Goot

Josh Goot was born in Sydney in 1980.
In 1999, Josh commenced a Media Art & Production degree at Sydney’s University of Technology. Spending time in New York later that year Josh decided that his interest in media and communication would manifest through fashion design.

In late 2004, the self–titled label was born. The first season explored the idea of tailored comfort. It introduced fusion, a modern attitude, ease and simplicity as core values. Wardrobe essentials were crafted from 100% cotton jersey in signature shades of grey marl and silver.

In April 2005 Josh’s debut collection won him the Tiffany & Co. Young Designer of the Year Award in Australia. Judges were impressed by the clever concept, clean aesthetic and the future smart ideology conveyed in the line. The following season saw a marked evolution in the look and established Goot as a new force in Australian fashion.

International interest followed. Josh returned to New York and was fortunate to meet Stella Ishii and begin working with The News press and sales office. In July 2005, the label featured on the cover of Womens Wear Daily.

In late 2005 a partnership was forged with Australian Wool Innovation. Josh collaborates in areas of textile technology to develop unique fabrics. The relationship aims to reinforce the relevance of Australian Merino Wool in the clothes of today and tomorrow.

Described by Stephen Todd in The Australian as “the king of urban chic” Josh Goot will show for his first time in New York in September 2006.
vogue.com.au

Last edited by titania; 10-09-2006 at 10:55 PM.
10-09-2006
V.I.P.

Wow.

Sleek.

I adore.

He's not too bad either.

11-09-2006
windowshopping

i'm not really a fan of his stuff, but the concept behind his label is very clever- everything in machine washable jersey. he has shown in australia for the past 2 years, and the collections have been very similar. It will be interesting to see whetehr he is actually a talented designer or just had one very good idea.

11-09-2006
rui
front row

a soft version of helmut lang

windowshopping

i own a few pieces and they are very nice but i dont know about him being the next helmut lang, big call right there

11-09-2006
V.I.P.

very 90s US minimalism! but it's ok

11-09-2006
fashion elite

I love it. I love the cleaness & the minimalism, despite the weaker pieces in the middle. It's just a really well-cut simple spring/summer collection.

11-09-2006
V.I.P.

^ Agree on the weaker pieces. Some were icky, like the longer dresses.

11-09-2006
Procrastinator.

I really like the idea of relatively casual silver lamé for day.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
07, goot, josh, ny, s or s