How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-09-2013
fashion elite

Yeah it's very reminiscent of Versace's last couture collection as well as the one dress he did for Beyonce for her tour, it's repeated at least 4 times here.

14-09-2013
V.I.P.

i wish he would stay away from beads and sequins. a lot of pieces verge on bad pageant wear.

fashion icon

Exquisite detail even though it screams vulgar to me but I applause for overall.

15-09-2013
backstage pass

very oldschool glamour. so boring...zzz

15-09-2013
V.I.P.

No wonder he's doing Strictly Come Dancing. Terrible designer.

15-09-2013
V.I.P.

Apart from the last few outfits this looks damn tacky.

15-09-2013
backstage pass

Yikes... All this conjures up everything I find overly gaudy about high fashion: Eurotrash, nouveau riche, Balmain, Versace and Cavalli... But to be fair, Julien was always doing his intricately and impossibly delicate knits before that kid from Balmain and that one-note wonder Mark Fast ripped him off and everyone forgot about Julien. Can't really defend Julien ripping off Versace though; although I don't know why anyone would want to rip off Versace's current look as it's really gross.

I'm still rooting for him even if he seems to be following others instead of doing his thing-- whatever that thing may be; it's been so long I don't care much anymore. I hope he finds his own groove soon, because his approach is verging on very much a stale one-note if the knits and sparkly beads are all he's got. But I guess he knows who his clienteles are.

Last edited by Phuel; 15-09-2013 at 02:18 PM.
15-09-2013
fashion insider

It's a very glamours collection, I liked a lot of what I saw but I bet it's difficult to design a collection like this when everyone says it's very Versace/Balmain inspired when really Julien is trying to design something as sexy and sleek like Versace and Balmain does, I think it's refreshing to see it here other than at those designers. It may not be well crafted or his own aesthetic but I think he can do it just as well.

15-09-2013
V.I.P.

I give it a thumbs up. Trashy glam has its place in fashion and I think this works for that category - I hope to see some of these looks on the red carpet, in a music video or a stage performance.

Some of the looks are well fitted, while others are not, especially in the bust area.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, julien, london, macdonald, s or s