How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-01-2013
El Viaje Definitivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by margielamike2004 View Post
Basically.....for the lack of money that HP generates......Junya MAN is (more or less)...like the "cash-cow" that generates more profits for the company.
about homme plus, it's just a bit too labile and risky rather than not profitable.
and rei is not only the designer but also the person who is responsible for the life of all the people involved there.

Quote:
It's very much like certain designers who don't make a lot of profits from their ready-to-wear collection.......so they create a diffusion collection (more affordable)....or they make most of their profits from perfumes, cologne's, accessories, etc.

Gucci in particular comes to mind. I don't see very many people actually wearing the clothing from Gucci....but I definitely see TONS of men and women wearing Gucci belts, handbags, shoes, sunglasses, etc.
strictly speaking, this is not exactly the case because rei really wants men to wear homme plus and actually produces the clothes shown on the runway and fills all her stores with them regardless of whether or not they sell ( also at the showroom seriously tries to sell them to the buyers, that is, the stores others own and run ).
I'd say this is not fake nor mere vanity. this is different from thom browne.
but, as you say, most men wear basics generally, even if some of them secretly want to at least try on something new, free. it's this kind of situation that she has been trying to change. in this regard she is incredibly serious. so she must at first prepare reality (instead of runway fantasy) for your experience and then be waiting for your visit.

that's why junya stands by her stably.

Let the stars decide

Last edited by runner; 31-01-2013 at 10:24 AM.

31-01-2013
front row

Trust me, RUNNER....I know very well how much how the business at CDG.

I work here at a boutique on Newbury Street in Boston....and along with the owner the store....I go along with him to do the buying for our store.

At the showroom, practically every piece from the runway....and also some pieces not shown..... including shoes and accessories are available for purchase.

I also him my boss with the buying of Junya Watanabe.....amongst several other designers we market in our store.

The name of the small boutique is called Riccardi.

Whenever were on a buying trip.....we all have to decide which pieces will sell in a city such as Boston. Basically, "knowing your market and clientele."

A client in NYC is most likely going to be more responsive to a Garcons pieces that is considerably less conservative than someone in more conservative Boston.

It's a matter of trying to get our customers and clients more comfortable with what we have to offer from the designers we have.

Last edited by margielamike2004; 31-01-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: spelling
01-02-2013
flaunt the imperfection

i am seriously jealous of all the guys who get to wear these amazing clothes...
especially the jackets and coats...

i just watched the video here-
http://vimeo.com/58385256
so many amazing details from the back as well as the front...

honestly- i don't even know how one chooses which one(s) to own because there are
SO many good ones...

01-02-2013
flaunt the imperfection

mike- as a retailer, i would think that having a collection that is so easy to wear (ie:SELL) would not exactly be something to complain about...

and i don't think we can fault Junya for being 'too Junya'...
it's his design language and as far as I am concerned he expresses his point of view beautifully using the language that he has developed and refined throughout the years...

i'm not sure the world is looking for brocade or tapestry jackets just now...

03-02-2013
El Viaje Definitivo

Quote:
Trust me, RUNNER....I know very well how much how the business at CDG.

I work here at a boutique on Newbury Street in Boston....and along with the owner the store....I go along with him to do the buying for our store.

At the showroom, practically every piece from the runway....and also some pieces not shown..... including shoes and accessories are available for purchase.

I also him my boss with the buying of Junya Watanabe.....amongst several other designers we market in our store.

The name of the small boutique is called Riccardi.

Whenever were on a buying trip.....we all have to decide which pieces will sell in a city such as Boston. Basically, "knowing your market and clientele."

A client in NYC is most likely going to be more responsive to a Garcons pieces that is considerably less conservative than someone in more conservative Boston.

It's a matter of trying to get our customers and clients more comfortable with what we have to offer from the designers we have.
although I don't know how your city is conservative honestly, I think she is fortunate and grateful for your introducing her clothes over there.

if the pieces used/shown on her runway are 200, the entire collection for one season consists of 600 approximately, since each style could have a couple of variations (moreover, another couple multiplication considering color variations etc). they all basically go into production. putting her belief into practice requires intuition in the right brain and method in the left.

Let the stars decide

Last edited by runner; 03-02-2013 at 12:14 AM.
26-07-2013
El Viaje Definitivo

cool-trans.net

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03b.jpg (110.2 KB, 8 views)

Let the stars decide
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, junya, mens, paris, watanabe