How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-10-2005
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by travolta
what would you actually see walking down the streets: something along the lines of the looks above, or the rigid, frilly lady-like looks of the past couple seasons?
how about neither of the above and something different and new....

ps-where have you been...?
cause all i've seen for the past few seasons on the street is the BOHO stuff...and a lot of JEANS...

05-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
how about neither of the above and something different and new....

ps-where have you been...?
cause all i've seen for the past few seasons on the street is the BOHO stuff...and a lot of JEANS...
soft, i meant that fashion designers have been putting out lady-like looks and some of it has been filtering down to stores, but of course *whew*, the average woman isn't about to trade in her comfy digs for a waist pinching dry-clean only skirt if it isn't absolutely necessary.

05-10-2005
no tom ford, no thanks.

wow: who would have thunk it? junya watanabe actually in tune and in step with a michael kors collection. of course, they both did it their way, but i find it interesting that both houses have made a comment about the military focus of today's society. i enjoy these clothes although i'm not quite sure the collection's as cohesive as it should be.

i'm almost ready..

goodness....
these headpieces....
its like dinosaur.....sea urchin....creature trying to hatch.....
i dont even know.... ....

its a bit 'hard' for me....
aggressive.....but without a sense of 'hope'....
it just seems to say 'we're heading for doom and you cant do anything about it...'....

there a few looks i like, though....
headpieces aside, of course....
the last outfit with the grey has got to be my favorite.....
i wish more of the collection looked like it.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg junya_watanabe.jpg (36.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg junya3.jpg (32.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg junyagrey.jpg (32.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by adorefaith; 05-10-2005 at 07:28 PM.
05-10-2005
V.I.P.

junya doing punk...... no thanks..... minus the hair and makeup..... ...it's pretty boring.....

05-10-2005
V.I.P.

i love it!.
the black dresses are awesome, same for the black jackets.

a dim capacity for wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
junya doing punk...... no thanks.....
i say: yes, please

18-11-2005
tfs star

it's all very agressive and it took me some time to get this. but i like every piece individually.

20-02-2006
windowshopping

Reconstruction
According to people working at the Junya Watanabe store, the theme of this collection is not really punk but "reconstruction"--the reworking of pieces of clothing into different pieces of clothing.

For example, dresses made of pantyhoes sown together, blouses made of black and white striped socks, parts of t-shirts turned into dresses. Plaid pants/skirts are actually re-worked shirts with the shirt sleaves as the pant legs. Pieces of trench coats are turned into long jackets and skirts with the buttons, belts and collars in all kinds of different places. My friend bought the black boots. They are actually very rounded at the front and quite feminine-looking.

20-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
According to people working at the Junya Watanabe store, the theme of this collection is not really punk but "reconstruction"--the reworking of pieces of clothing into different pieces of clothing.

For example, dresses made of pantyhoes sown together, blouses made of black and white striped socks, parts of t-shirts turned into dresses. Plaid pants/skirts are actually re-worked shirts with the shirt sleaves as the pant legs. Pieces of trench coats are turned into long jackets and skirts with the buttons, belts and collars in all kinds of different places. My friend bought the black boots. They are actually very rounded at the front and quite feminine-looking.
Oh, my, never expected a beaten-to-death idea in womenswear from Junya, but I count on him for a stellar execution...

20-02-2006
front row

It's not punk...and both of his main lines JW & JW MAN this season are focused in reconstruction.

20-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerrillaBoy
It's not punk...and both of his main lines JW & JW MAN this season are focused in reconstruction.
It may not be a punk theme as such, but it is quite punky in its overall look, no? It's pretty aggresive, but some of the individual jackets, shirts, tops...are amazing. Esp the reconstructed macs. Menswear also has reconstructed elements, but it's not the theme or its focus. There seem to be two distinct elements - the reconstructed design classics - purcells, levis and lacoste, and secondly the workwear revisited. I admire the former more, although the prices are mad.

20-02-2006
front row

Unfortunately the prices are mad, that's true!!For the LACOSTE polo t-shirt it's like buying five t-shirts together, because they are made out of five t-shirts...

20-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerrillaBoy
Unfortunately the prices are mad, that's true!!For the LACOSTE polo t-shirt it's like buying five t-shirts together, because they are made out of five t-shirts...
So is that the reason for the high prices? What about the jeans. I am interested to know whether these are genuine old levis deadstock, or vintage reproductions. If it's the former, I can understand little more.

20-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny
So is that the reason for the high prices? What about the jeans. I am interested to know whether these are genuine old levis deadstock, or vintage reproductions. If it's the former, I can understand little more.
As far as I know it's the same concept as it is with LACOSTE, it's not like FRED PERRY CdG SHIRT.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, junya, paris, s or s, watanabe