How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
05-10-2005
  61
flaunt the imperfection
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by travolta
what would you actually see walking down the streets: something along the lines of the looks above, or the rigid, frilly lady-like looks of the past couple seasons?
how about neither of the above and something different and new....

ps-where have you been...?
cause all i've seen for the past few seasons on the street is the BOHO stuff...and a lot of JEANS...

__________________
"It is not money that makes you well dressed: it is understanding."
ChristianDior



  Reply With Quote
 
05-10-2005
  62
V.I.P.
 
travolta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York City
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
how about neither of the above and something different and new....

ps-where have you been...?
cause all i've seen for the past few seasons on the street is the BOHO stuff...and a lot of JEANS...
soft, i meant that fashion designers have been putting out lady-like looks and some of it has been filtering down to stores, but of course *whew*, the average woman isn't about to trade in her comfy digs for a waist pinching dry-clean only skirt if it isn't absolutely necessary.

__________________
"the way a problem is set up often suggests the resolution."
http://michelleboxgirl.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
05-10-2005
  63
no tom ford, no thanks.
 
mikeijames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: closer than you think.
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,900
wow: who would have thunk it? junya watanabe actually in tune and in step with a michael kors collection. of course, they both did it their way, but i find it interesting that both houses have made a comment about the military focus of today's society. i enjoy these clothes although i'm not quite sure the collection's as cohesive as it should be.

__________________
everything is never quite enough.
  Reply With Quote
05-10-2005
  64
i'm almost ready..
 
adorefaith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: rocky mountains
Gender: femme
Posts: 14,437
goodness....
these headpieces....
its like dinosaur.....sea urchin....creature trying to hatch.....
i dont even know.... ....

its a bit 'hard' for me....
aggressive.....but without a sense of 'hope'....
it just seems to say 'we're heading for doom and you cant do anything about it...'....

there a few looks i like, though....
headpieces aside, of course....
the last outfit with the grey has got to be my favorite.....
i wish more of the collection looked like it.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg junya_watanabe.jpg (36.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg junya3.jpg (32.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg junyagrey.jpg (32.3 KB, 7 views)

__________________
That's who you wanna go in the woods with, right?
Somebody who finishes your sentences for you

Last edited by adorefaith; 05-10-2005 at 07:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
05-10-2005
  65
V.I.P.
 
Kimkhuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,873
junya doing punk...... no thanks..... minus the hair and makeup..... ...it's pretty boring.....

  Reply With Quote
05-10-2005
  66
V.I.P.
 
MulletProof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 24,751
i love it!.
the black dresses are awesome, same for the black jackets.

__________________
Metal teeth of carousels.
  Reply With Quote
06-10-2005
  67
a dim capacity for wings
 
Estella*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: la rue
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
junya doing punk...... no thanks.....
i say: yes, please

__________________
mode schoepfung
estella mare
  Reply With Quote
18-11-2005
  68
tfs star
 
morbidexistence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: sao paulo
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,817
it's all very agressive and it took me some time to get this. but i like every piece individually.

  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  69
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 25
Reconstruction
According to people working at the Junya Watanabe store, the theme of this collection is not really punk but "reconstruction"--the reworking of pieces of clothing into different pieces of clothing.

For example, dresses made of pantyhoes sown together, blouses made of black and white striped socks, parts of t-shirts turned into dresses. Plaid pants/skirts are actually re-worked shirts with the shirt sleaves as the pant legs. Pieces of trench coats are turned into long jackets and skirts with the buttons, belts and collars in all kinds of different places. My friend bought the black boots. They are actually very rounded at the front and quite feminine-looking.

  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  70
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
According to people working at the Junya Watanabe store, the theme of this collection is not really punk but "reconstruction"--the reworking of pieces of clothing into different pieces of clothing.

For example, dresses made of pantyhoes sown together, blouses made of black and white striped socks, parts of t-shirts turned into dresses. Plaid pants/skirts are actually re-worked shirts with the shirt sleaves as the pant legs. Pieces of trench coats are turned into long jackets and skirts with the buttons, belts and collars in all kinds of different places. My friend bought the black boots. They are actually very rounded at the front and quite feminine-looking.
Oh, my, never expected a beaten-to-death idea in womenswear from Junya, but I count on him for a stellar execution...

  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  71
front row
 
GuerrillaBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 334
It's not punk...and both of his main lines JW & JW MAN this season are focused in reconstruction.

  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  72
trendsetter
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerrillaBoy
It's not punk...and both of his main lines JW & JW MAN this season are focused in reconstruction.
It may not be a punk theme as such, but it is quite punky in its overall look, no? It's pretty aggresive, but some of the individual jackets, shirts, tops...are amazing. Esp the reconstructed macs. Menswear also has reconstructed elements, but it's not the theme or its focus. There seem to be two distinct elements - the reconstructed design classics - purcells, levis and lacoste, and secondly the workwear revisited. I admire the former more, although the prices are mad.

  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  73
front row
 
GuerrillaBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 334
Unfortunately the prices are mad, that's true!!For the LACOSTE polo t-shirt it's like buying five t-shirts together, because they are made out of five t-shirts...

  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  74
trendsetter
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerrillaBoy
Unfortunately the prices are mad, that's true!!For the LACOSTE polo t-shirt it's like buying five t-shirts together, because they are made out of five t-shirts...
So is that the reason for the high prices? What about the jeans. I am interested to know whether these are genuine old levis deadstock, or vintage reproductions. If it's the former, I can understand little more.

  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  75
front row
 
GuerrillaBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny
So is that the reason for the high prices? What about the jeans. I am interested to know whether these are genuine old levis deadstock, or vintage reproductions. If it's the former, I can understand little more.
As far as I know it's the same concept as it is with LACOSTE, it's not like FRED PERRY CdG SHIRT.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, junya, paris, s or s, watanabe
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.