Karl Lagerfeld 'Karl' Olympics Capsule Collection - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-07-2012
Some Like It Hot

Karl Lagerfeld 'Karl' Olympics Capsule Collection

*Vogue.co.uk

25-07-2012
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
KARL LAGERFELD unveiled his Selfridges pop-up store last night - home to his new Olympic-inspired capsule collection, as well as his masstige label, Karl.

From the Olympic line, expect T-shirts baring Olympic gold torches, gold medal prints and Karl's face (naturally), biker jackets, miniskirts and skinny jeans covered in flecks of metallic gold.

The autumn/winter 2012-13 masstige lin, however, is more in keeping with the designer's signature aesthetic, featuring a largely monochrome colour palette, sharp lines and tailoring, including a cropped tuxedo jacket worn over a crisp white waistcoat. Collars prevailed throughout both lines - Lagerfeld likes his women looking smart.

The pop-up launch was celebrated with a star-studded party held on the rooftop of Selfridges, attended by a mix of fashion's established and up-and-comers, from Daphne Guinness and Suzy Menkes to actress Juno Temple and Burberry model Edie Campbell.

Despite being two hours late, the designer himself arrived in style - posing for pictures with an Olympic torch, alongside Olympic Beatbox architects Pernilla & Asif.

"I have had the best night," Temple told us. "I just love him. He's amazing."
*Vogue.co.uk

25-07-2012
V.I.P.

Why doesn't he spend less time coming up with all these extra collections/projects and more time designing for Chanel?

Last edited by MyNameIs; 25-07-2012 at 06:17 AM.
25-07-2012
V.I.P.

the t-shirt is too literal, and the others I have a hard time even connecting them to the Olympics. there's no happy medium.

25-07-2012
front row

Am I the only one who just tired of seeing him EVERYWHERE? Seriously, make-up, Fendi, Chanel, Karl, some newspaper, just saw a french movie and of course he was in it ! I'm literally doing an overdose, his work now looks it's done it in five minutes with a little sketch and his 78 assistants were like "OMG it's so good/perfect/excelent !!!" And the worst is that he thinks that he is god's gift to the world ...

25-07-2012
fashion elite

I'm sure label whores will be all over this.

fashion icon

I just think it's tacky as hell to have your own face on a bag. The only garment that I like from this collection is the white motorcycle jacket. I don't get an Olympic-vibe that they were trying to have with this collection because everything seems so disjointed.

front row

I don't see why this is necessary, other than to capture some $$$ from the amount of tourists in london. Karl (the man) and Karl (the brand) have no real connection to the Olympic games. It would have made more sense to do something with a German brand (like Karl for Adidas).... as isn't patriotism what this whole Olympic thing is about?

26-07-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
I'm sure label whores will be all over this.
agreed..I can imagine all the Japanese and Eastern European girls at the olympics that will want to be seen in these clothes

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Why doesn't he spend less time coming up with all these extra collections/projects and more time designing for Chanel?
I completely agree with you, this whole collection screams blah.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
capsule, collection, karl, lagerfeld, olympics