How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-09-2004
arndom

An art. on the CdG Dover Market
http://www.iht.com/articles/537479.html

07-09-2004
backstage pass

Thanks for your post. I was so looking for this information.

07-09-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by nqth@Sep 7 2004, 04:43 AM
An art. on the CdG Dover Market
http://www.iht.com/articles/537479.html
[snapback]358080[/snapback]

Thanks nqth, good article. God, the shop sounds absolutely amazing! I'm going to find it difficult to get down for a while (no cash just back from hols and trip to Paris) but I would love to see it. When I was in the store (or market!) about a month ago, it was really pretty empty, so there was no indication of any of the detail that is mentioned in the article. The sportswear section "curated" by JW sounds too good. Aaarrgh! .

07-09-2004
arndom

You are all welcome:-)
Johnny the sport section could be early stuffs from next spring JW collection, imo. The red or black parkas are just in time for fall, aren't they? :-) Waiting forward to your "reports" this time:-) too.

07-09-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by nqth@Sep 7 2004, 05:56 AM
You are all welcome:-)
Johnny the sport section could be early stuffs from next spring JW collection, imo. The red or black parkas are just in time for fall, aren't they? :-) Waiting forward to your "reports" this time:-) too.
[snapback]358125[/snapback]

nqth I had been thinking that the sportswear would be non-JW/comme gear, things like rare vintage jackets/shoes etc. That's my guess. He has an interest in that sort of thing, having done retro Nike waffle racers before and also his own versions of other nike trainers for women.

I'll alos be looking for a Warsaw guerilla-store report from you!

07-09-2004
arndom

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny@Sep 7 2004, 06:11 AM
nqth I had been thinking that the sportswear would be non-JW/comme gear, things like rare vintage jackets/shoes etc. That's my guess. He has an interest in that sort of thing, having done retro Nike waffle racers before and also his own versions of other nike trainers for women.

Hmm, I think you might be right:-) since this is a "curated" section. He likes real, authetic stuffs, and that sections is just a wonderful idea.

I will make report for Guerrilla for sure:-)

07-09-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by nqth@Sep 7 2004, 06:21 AM
Hmm, I think you might be right:-) since this is a "curated" section. He likes real, authetic stuffs, and that sections is just a wonderful idea.

I will make report for Guerrilla for sure:-)
[snapback]358139[/snapback]

By the way Nqth - have you seen the nice CDG stuff on Yoox. It's still a bit pricey, but there's some really nice pieces there. Esp the grey coat in wool and mohair (but too big for you?)

07-09-2004
arndom

Do you mean that one with the raw "curves". It is soo goood. It looks better here than in pictures from the show:-) I even saw that coat close in the Red Star shop in St. Peter. But those are all too big for me. There is a nice jkt in S, the cut is quite similar to that jkt we talked about a while ago, but in cotton, and beige:-(

07-09-2004
V.I.P.

Oh my god it sounds wonderful! I lvoe the idea of a creative commune style space that brinsg to gether creative people. The space sounds amazing

trendsetter

That sounds relly nice. Would love to visit, or see more spaces like this in the US

07-09-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

thanks for the article ngth...very much looking forward to visitiing the space...

08-09-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by nqth@Sep 7 2004, 03:45 PM
Do you mean that one with the raw "curves". It is soo goood. It looks better here than in pictures from the show:-) I even saw that coat close in the Red Star shop in St. Peter. But those are all too big for me. There is a nice jkt in S, the cut is quite similar to that jkt we talked about a while ago, but in cotton, and beige:-(
[snapback]358509[/snapback]

Yes that one nqth. It is very very nice. Sorry if this makes you jealous, but I have the coat - got it last year! On the other hand it's not so good seeing it on yoox at a reduced price!

08-09-2004
trendsetter

I got a mailshot in this morning about the store. It's opening this Friday. THe mail thing was v cool. It was a cardboard cut-out thing with a list of all the participants in the market on the back. The cardboard is cut into shapes which you pop out and fix into a small model hut! There are instructions in the mailshot as to how to put it together. I'm trying to get the roof on as we speak!

08-09-2004
arndom

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny@Sep 8 2004, 03:12 AM
Yes that one nqth. It is very very nice. Sorry if this makes you jealous, but I have the coat - got it last year!

I am rather envy you those cute "things" that Comme makes during launches, hehe.

08-09-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny@Sep 8 2004, 03:29 AM
I got a mailshot in this morning about the store. It's opening this Friday. THe mail thing was v cool. It was a cardboard cut-out thing with a list of all the participants in the market on the back. The cardboard is cut into shapes which you pop out and fix into a small model hut! There are instructions in the mailshot as to how to put it together. I'm trying to get the roof on as we speak!
[snapback]359094[/snapback]
only Rei could do this...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dover, kawakubo's, london, market, street