How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-02-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodel citizen View Post
People are just saying how horrible and awful and tacky it is because it's KLS. I've seen much worse from much "better" designers
Exactly, its not even that bad

02-02-2008
scenester

People are saying it's awful and tacky because they actually think it's awful and tacky. At least I do. It's also all over the darn place. Not to mention, they compromise an interesting theme (in an individual garment) by not being consistent and by including really thick, tacky, cheap seams. Its the hallmark of bad fashion.

It's according to taste...for some gaudy, vulgar fashion is acceptable or pleasing to the eye. For others, it's beauty. For me, it's hideous.

Last edited by prettygeekysis; 02-02-2008 at 12:09 AM.
02-02-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisandwich View Post
unsurprisingly tacky.

!

02-02-2008
front row

Quote:
People are just saying how horrible and awful and tacky it is because it's KLS. I've seen much worse from much "better" designers
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was going to say the SAME exact thing! If this were marc jacobs everyone would be falling over themselves.

Last edited by kimberwyn; 02-02-2008 at 12:14 AM.
02-02-2008
scenester

Is that her belly button I see in that dress?

tfs star

Some of it is not that bad.

02-02-2008
front row

some of it isn't too terrible, but the collection definitely seems lack any cohesion whatsoever.

02-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwyn View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was going to say the SAME exact thing! If this were marc jacobs everyone would be falling over themselves.
I know, Miiucia makes coats out of shag-f*cking carpeting (!!) and it's "daring", "unique", "innovative" and "brilliant". But this is what offends the delicate palette of every fashionista? It's insanity.

Not saying I like this because I DON'T. I think it's scatter-brained and I hate the colors but I don't think it's tacky or trashy. It's a typical, uneventful NYC collection IMO.

V.I.P.

Quote:
I know, Miiucia makes coats out of shag-f*cking carpeting (!!) and it's "daring", "unique", "innovative" and "brilliant". But this is what offends the delicate palette of every fashionista? It's insanity.

Not saying I like this because I DON'T. I think it's scatter-brained and I hate the colors but I don't think it's tacky or trashy. It's a typical, uneventful NYC collection IMO.
FTW.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Actually people still say that many things are tacky even if they're from "better designers".

Quote:
people do and I wil say it does look good on some people.....
That was a rhetorical question.

Press escape to continue.

My eyes hurt as I was going through this thread, so I closed them. Blech.

barcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
It's weird. Some of the real 20's style pieces are quite decent. What I will say is that I appreciate she uses a wide variety of ethnicities in her show
Honestly, that's the best thing happening on this runway.

As for the comments that people hate this only because it's by Kimora...come on. Why is it that when there's a large portion of posts that criticize a collection for being tacky it's the same old retort of "People only hate this because it's so and so, if this was Prada people would love it"

In an ironic twist, that purple feathered miniskirt is vaguely similar to the "ugly" feathered skirts Prada did last fall.

Last edited by Spike413; 02-02-2008 at 01:36 AM.
02-02-2008
front row

Ok, she lost me. I was all ready to defend her. I liked some of the dresses in post #28...

The more pictures came in the worse it looked though. More than the clothes, the make up is awful.

Some of the things aren't bad but looking at the collection as a whole, it's just not working.

02-02-2008
tfs star

why do I feel like I have seen it all before?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
Honestly, that's the best thing happening on this runway.

As for the comments that people hate this only because it's by Kimora...come on. Why is it that when there's a large portion of posts that criticize a collection for being tacky it's the same old retort of "People only hate this because it's so and so, if this was Prada people would love it"

In an ironic twist, that purple feathered miniskirt is vaguely similar to the "ugly" feathered skirts Prada did last fall.
Because it's true, IMO. I already stated I didn't like it, but I also don't like a lot of collections that have nothing to do with KLS. I think the motivation behind a comment along the lines of "So typical KLS and sooo tacky " is clear.

I think this collection isn't horrible or tacky, it's simply not good. KLS doesn't hold the patent on not-good collections.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0809, f or w, kimora, kls, lee, simmons, york