How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2008
trendsetter

I really like this collection.

18-03-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
Tomorrow....I'm going to Barney's to see the trunk show of this collection and....TO MEET ALBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know this has probably been asked a million times before but what exactly is a trunk show?

18-03-2008
barcode

^ A trunk show is like a preview of the collection for the customers where they have the opportunity to pre-order pieces of the collection.

18-03-2008
front row

^^^ thanks for the info

18-03-2008
backstage pass

sophisticated

18-03-2008
tfs star

I'm just now looking at this collection and I really like it. I used to not really care for Alber's work but ever since last season it's started to grow on me.

18-03-2008
catch me if you can

What a gorgeous collection! Alber did not dissapoint. The jewelry is amazing
I want the navy dresses!!

Fat Karl

Just went to the trunk show today....so beautiful.

Saw everything...shoes, bags, jewelry, clothes. All of it was so beautiful. First of all, most everything is done in ribbon, which is really impressive. Blazers, skirts, blouses, shoes and jewelry...everything done as layers of ribbon. But what was most impressive was all the embroidery and embellishments....like this-

The embellishment work is VERY dense and VERY heavy. This type of embellishment was worked on several boleros, jackets and dresses that were not in the runway show. It was really impressive and really stunning.

Also, when I first saw this picture, I thought it was zippers, but when I was able to see the dress, it's actually ribbon edged with long, silver bugle beads.

But I was ESPECIALLY taken by these two sequined dresses, which were the only two outfits shown on mannequins-
(This one was shown without the sheer blouse underneath on and was even more stunning without the blouse or any accessories!...I cannot tell you how stunning this dress was...)

(This one, too, was shown without the shirt underneath as well as no accessories)

And, the best part was that I was able to meet Alber. I spoke with him for about 10 minutes and talked about how I wanted to be a designer myself and he talked to me about the industry and what I should do for school and design tips that were really wonderful...asked me how I worked. It was so great. I got a picture with him and will post it soon!
(style)

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 18-03-2008 at 06:48 PM.
18-03-2008
front row

^^^^

18-03-2008
backstage pass

^ dior_couture1245!!! metting Alber is one of my dreams!

do you mind explaining how everything was done in ribbon? I'm a bit confused Were you able to take pictures? What an exciting experience!!

18-03-2008
catch me if you can

dior - sounds amazing!!!!

Fat Karl

^^Alber was so personable and so nice! I was so glad I skipped school to meet him! He was encouraging of my goal to be a fashion designer. He even said (I doubt in extreme seriousness, though!) to, after I go to college to stop by the Lanvin office!

What I mean by (almost) everything being done in ribbon...it looks like this-

Basically, instead of using regular fabric, the layers of ribbon create the fabric.

(style)

army of lovers

^ :p oh i'm so jealous of you right now for getting to me alber, but glad to hear he's so nice and personable. thanks for the info. i'm also jealous of the women fortunate enough to afford and wear these beautiful clothes...the details, ribbons...so special

19-03-2008
rising star

This collection is perfection!

19-03-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
^^Alber was so personable and so nice! I was so glad I skipped school to meet him! He was encouraging of my goal to be a fashion designer. He even said (I doubt in extreme seriousness, though!) to, after I go to college to stop by the Lanvin office!

What I mean by (almost) everything being done in ribbon...it looks like this-

Basically, instead of using regular fabric, the layers of ribbon create the fabric.

(style)
Well, I imagine he was sincere ... and it's not like it's right around the corner, you'd have to take some initiative to get yourself to Paris I'm planning a trip there myself, and believe me when I say the Lanvin store is on my list of places to go

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0809, f or w, lanvin, paris