How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-11-2010
front row

I wish we had h&m here. I love the red necklace so I checked ebay yesterday to see if anyone was selling it and the prices! I'm honestly appalled right now.

24-11-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
i passed on the blue coat from the men's collection (Lanvin) cause the fit wasn't all there.

Lucas Ossendrijver and i don't seem to see eye to eye
Funny, imo the db coat was the strongest piece, the fit to me was perfect, and appearance high quality although poly/wool fabric!

however the navy wool blazer with gros grain trim and matching pants i got will need several tailoring adjustments... after what i am confident they will look stunning!

the men's shoes, well i own the originals ( from ss08 if i remember correct ) and yes of course the leather is day and night, og's had a thick buttery made in italy calf which still haven't hardly creased after like 500 wears, whereas the h&m ones permanently creased while TRYING them on in store , i still got them since the og's are my favorite dress shoes and the h&m's cost 1/8th the price and the shape is practically identical ( only cosmetic difference is the inset heel on og's are khaki acetate instead of black leather.. ).

overall a few really nice pieces for men, a lot of really weak ones as well.. was pretty impressed by quality and construction for made in china h&m, probably due to a lot of 100% materials! definitely a step above +J imo

Last edited by Izreal; 24-11-2010 at 12:11 PM.

24-11-2010
In Bloom

^Was the menswear made in China? My dress was made in Romania...I own a lot of H&M stuff, and none of it is made in China.

we were in love

24-11-2010
front row

Yep, the stuff i got anyways was all MIC... just checked my gf's stuff, her 100% silk dress is MIC, and her poly blend black skirt is made in romania...

24-11-2010
fashion insider

I'm conflicted. My sister picked up the pink one shouldered dress for me today and I was shocked by the texture of the fabric. Even more shockingly - it's silk! It just didn't feel that way, I thought it felt like rough linen. I know it's probably because they treated the fabric or something, but what's wrong with normal smooth silk? Not fashionable enough? I still adore the design though, but it didn't fit me well, so it's going back.

Can anyone tell me if the purple version is identical, just in a different colour?

24-11-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^Was the menswear made in China? My dress was made in Romania...I own a lot of H&M stuff, and none of it is made in China.
a lot of silk or sequined pieces from H&M are made in China.
other stuff are often from Romania, Bulgaria, Vietnam, occasionally also India.

24-11-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by advo View Post
I'm conflicted. My sister picked up the pink one shouldered dress for me today and I was shocked by the texture of the fabric. Even more shockingly - it's silk! It just didn't feel that way, I thought it felt like rough linen. I know it's probably because they treated the fabric or something, but what's wrong with normal smooth silk? Not fashionable enough? I still adore the design though, but it didn't fit me well, so it's going back.

Can anyone tell me if the purple version is identical, just in a different colour?

Silk can be made in a variety of ways. And I LOVE the texture! If it was really smooth, it would hold the shape that it does without extra stuff.

The purple one ( which i bought) is identical. I'm sorry that you're returning it!

24-11-2010
rising star

I GOT THE YELLOW DRESS, YAY yay yay! I just wanted to go to the store to buy tights and to see if there was something left, and there it was hanging, the yellow dress. There were actually quite many dresses left. The SA said that according to many customersthe colours were too vibrant and the shapes not practical enough. I just loved the colours and was really surprised, how good the quality seemed to be!

I'm so happy!

educo, I saw the purple one in the store, it was GORGEOUS! Unfortunately it was the only one and wrong size, otherwise I would've at least tried it on.

24-11-2010
rising star

went to oxford street
I had a stupid idea to rely on online buying then the website was down
from 6am so decided to travel down to london from cambridge at 7!
got there at 8 and was allowed for entry at 10.

pretty much everything was there except the flowery dress.
was only interested in dresses and got all of them in my size which was good.

quality-wise, you cant really argue with 100 pounds, can you?

I took some pictures. what do you think :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lanvin.jpg (135.1 KB, 107 views)

24-11-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by educo View Post
Silk can be made in a variety of ways. And I LOVE the texture! If it was really smooth, it would hold the shape that it does without extra stuff.

The purple one ( which i bought) is identical. I'm sorry that you're returning it!
I'm not returning because of the texture, although, it did surprise me. But once I put on the dress, I realised the dress wouldn't keep its shape if the fabric didn't have the rough texture. I am returning though, because it's too expensive for me when the fit isn't perfect and because I know I won't wear it often enough. I've ordered the tees - I just love the intricate details and I think I will get more wear out of them.

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

you look fantastic, the_dark_angel.

Did anyone get the faux fur coat??, I thought the length was too much (more appropriate for snow weather) but I'm still curious on how it looks. Also, did anyone see it at the LA store?, cause I read it didn't even make it to Germany, where they do get cold.

I want to regret not getting it.. and comfort myself knowing it wasn't on sale.

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

dark_angel: you look really amazing,I'd keep all dresses! go for it!

24-11-2010
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, lanvin