How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-09-2013
fashion icon

Bravo best fab and bang!

27-09-2013
V.I.P.

I don't love it but there are some pretty nice pieces the black dresses are beautiful.

27-09-2013
V.I.P.

fantastic collection, the skirts are best

27-09-2013
army of lovers

While not the best Lanvin collection, there are some really good pieces here. Love the lame drop waist dresses.

27-09-2013
front row

it's only me that leaves this collection quite cold even there are 5 really nice outfits in there. ... it seems glittery ruffeled xmas-wrapping makes a huge comeback in spring.

28-09-2013
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque Marcel View Post
While not the best Lanvin collection, there are some really good pieces here. Love the lame drop waist dresses.
Agree.

My favorite thing about this collection is that it makes it impossible to have two dozen comments that Alber always does the same thing. Clearly he does not.

28-09-2013
fashion insider

I don't get the hate for this collection - lame, metallic, shiny, is going to be one of the biggest fashion direciions next season, some of us loathe, say, paisley, but it's not right to diss a collection because of personal preference instead of the bigger picture. I respect him for going full throttle, in 100% straight into the deep end, instead of dipping his toe a little to ensure he doesn't alienate the mainstream, as seen in Dries van Noten's tasteful, tactful, don't-rock-the-boat/upset the apple cart approach in his collection. The results are amazing..and shows to full advantage his range, from fierce, glamorous, elegant, classy to sexy....that red and violet number on the black model (Alek Wac?) leaves me speechless. She looks so gorgeous, so sleek, her skin glistens with a rare, luminiscent beauty like the outfit she's wearing. It's not that she's more beautiful than the others, Elber made her so. This reminds me of what YSL did for his black models at his peak, he made them incredibly gorgeous. For all the lip service paid to diversity, he's showing how it's done!

Last edited by Zazie; 28-09-2013 at 11:48 AM.
28-09-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatouejeremie View Post
it's impressive how he changes it up every season but in the end it still looks all the same..

he should ditch whoever does his prints because they're doing a botched job
No, the background is the same.

28-09-2013
backstage pass

The black un-shiny dresses are great. Rest... It's surprising and unexpected, yet displeasing to the eye. My eyes anyhow.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
that red and violet number on the black model (Alek Wac?) leaves me speechless. She looks so gorgeous, so sleek, her skin glistens with a rare, luminiscent beauty like the outfit she's wearing. It's not that she's more beautiful than the others, Elber made her so.
i sooo agree with this its one of the best looks on the runway this season

Power to the 99%

I like the black layered skirt from look #37, and #38 (layered pink) is one of my favorite 'shiny' looks. I also think a lot of the shoes are strong.

I'm sure some of this will be available at retail, but this won't be the whole story ... many of the classic pieces will be available. That's a key difference from Dries, who produces and sells virtually every piece. I think his runway is more representative of what will actually be on the racks.

The style.com review notes that these fabrics don't necessarily photograph well, and that the clothes need to be seen and felt to be understood. I can believe that. It also noted that Alber said this collection was an homage to the fabric industry.

PS The black model wearing look #5 is Grace Bol.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 29-09-2013 at 11:50 AM.

30-09-2013
V.I.P.

Ugh. No.

30-09-2013
front row

Totally not feeling it. Most of the collection looks very...uptight? Idk how to explain but it looks like it does nothing for the body. Those drop waist suspender overall things? eek. the finale looks were pretty good but they all looked like they were from 4 different collections.

front row

I really like this collection. I like the way the outfits are put together.

rising star

Well I'm not an aficionado of metallic, shiny, glittery [...] ; or call it what ever you want ; for a start, so the whole thing made me kind of uncomfortable though there were some very nice pieces... I don't think this was Lanvin's best.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, lanvin, paris, s or s