How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

Limi Feu F/W 12.13 Paris

style.com

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

style.com

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
29-02-2012
V.I.P.

style.com

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

style.com

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

style.com

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

Here's the review from style.com

Quote:
"I have a feminine heart," Limi Feu said fiercely, as she pounded her chest. Then she dissolved into hoots of laughter. She is, after all, a designer whose collections have often been based on a gender-neutral, teddy-girl proposition. So her latest show, with the Marilyn Monroe-ish fluffiness of its hair and makeup, felt like a step forward—or at least, to some other place.

"The fifties, romantic, feminine," she said. OK, if you say so, Limi. The opening looks had a convent-girl severity, with a touch of blush pink to add inconvenient sensuality, but then that bulky-cocoon Edwardian thing that blights Japanese design insinuated itself into the silhouette. It was a blessed relief when Limi dropped in some fiercely corseted looks to restrict her voluminous white poet shirts. Better yet when an army green subtext snuck in. It is exactly that kind of unpredictable left-field touch that gives her collections the kick to carry you through the inevitable asymmetric, funereal longueurs. And if the only feminine heart that army green brings to mind is Private Benjamin's, then Limi may be on the right track after all. PARIS, February 29, 2012 By Tim Blanks

29-02-2012
fashion insider

There appears to be a typo in the title? "Feu", not "Few", no?

I understand she lives in the shadow of her famous father, but that's no excuse for another amateurish pseudo-Edwardian/Victorian "Harajuku" collection. The opening look was promising, but it's downhill from there - the scalloped edge and giant buttons made me cringe.

There is no originality, unique point of view, no expertise in tailoring,....she needs to learn more from her humble father.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ Arrrgh it's my damn automatic spell check - changed "Feu" to "Few"!! Thanks, I didn't even notice.

Can I fix the title or does a mod have to do it?

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 29-02-2012 at 11:10 PM.
29-02-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
^ Arrrgh it's my damn automatic spell check - changed "Feu" to "Few"!! Thanks, I didn't even notice.

Can I fix the title or does a mod have to do it?

Not too sure...maybe you can go to your User CP to try to edit? Otherwise, I'm sure a mod will do it. Thanks for posting the thread!

01-03-2012
V.I.P.

I adore all the coats with the oversized buttons and some of the straight skirts, the rest looks a bit messy imo...

01-03-2012
fashion insider

Some of the coats are lovely but the collection as a whole feels a little repetitive to me; and I agree with liberty33r1b that a lot of it looks quite messy, too.

backstage pass

A strong collection. Limi studied a number of dualities and balanced them well. A Parisien chic against a Japanese edge. A schoolgirlish charm against a mannish formality. I liked the coats with the oversized buttons too: standouts being @ look #7 and #13. Later on in the collection the looks that have a painter's smock type feel are endearing. And later on the dress and the jumpsuit appearing as if crafted from a giant pair of trousers - note the belt loops at the neckline - were interesting and well executed.

A few designers have attempted playing with proportions this season and failed but Limi generally, whether it's via abstraction, outsized tailoring or the billow of more robe-like pieces, comes away from the body with a good eye. Maybe it's in the genes?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, f or w, feu, limi, paris