Loewe F/W 2017.18 Paris - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-03-2017
scenester

I can't. Always best shows. Very intellectual and fresh every time, construction is great and interesting as always, luxurious and beautiful. For me it is the best show so far. He never fails, I swear. There are so many hidden references in here, so smart!

03-03-2017
fashion elite

F.L.A.W.L.E.S.S.
I'm almost sorry to repeat myself season after season but Loewe by JWA is the real deal! You can hardly get better than that.
I want to buy everything!
It's maybe his more "spanish" collection to date. They really looks like a cliché of a "spanish bourgeoise" with the hair and the eyebrows. It's very chic...

I also love the inclusion of the more "boring" outfits. A beautifuly cut smoking jacket with big lapel never hurts nobody.
I'm not a fan of the set because it doesn't really highlight the beauty of the clothes...It kills the dynamism of the Loewe aesthetic.

I feel like this is the collection i've waited for since Marc Jacobs...

I love the blue polka dot dress worn by Lineisy, last two looks of Faretta and Liya in post #4. The bags are great, the furs are great, the shoes are great...Even the cast.

I've said it many times but for me LOEWE is really the most exciting luxury brand right now...People are over-excited about Gucci when all the exciting thing are at Loewe.

03-03-2017
V.I.P.

really amazing

03-03-2017
V.I.P.

His Loewe collections are always a highlight each season and this one does not disappoint.

03-03-2017
tfs star

With a gaping lead, this is the BEST OF THE SEASON(!!) so far. I for one did not expect Anderson's Loewe to be good, but he has proven season after season that I was absolutely wrong, and this collection was truly remarkable. This was the only show of this entire fashion month so far that I found impressive and made me alert.

And that cast! Absolutely perfect as well!

03-03-2017
Fat Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueDisciple93 View Post
With a gaping lead, this is the BEST OF THE SEASON(!!) so far. I for one did not expect Anderson's Loewe to be good, but he has proven season after season that I was absolutely wrong, and this collection was truly remarkable. This was the only show of this entire fashion month so far that I found impressive and made me alert.

And that cast! Absolutely perfect as well!
I completely agree. This is without a doubt the standout of the season. Can't even think of another show so far that even holds a candle to this (including his eponymous collection). This is just so sophisticated, so glamorous, so luxurious, so desirable and so right.

After watching the video, I really am so in love with this show. And the soundtrack is to die for (that THX movie theater sound test?? Hello!! ) It's cheeky, but it's not ironic! How fabulous is that? After so much fashion that's so ironic and sleazy and jokey or on the complete opposite end, so self-serious and inflated...this Loewe collection just hits all the right spots. Truly fantastic.

Like Lola mentioned, I think this collection is even stronger than his past offerings (except for maybe his debut women's collection, which I think still is one of the best for the label so far along with this one now) with and because of the inclusion of those simpler, very straightforward pieces and the unfussy styling. It's what I've been craving so much from him and from fashion in general - I'm all for the more conceptual pieces, but when every last look and every last accessory is a big Instagram moment, everything loses the impact (see Prada). This collection is so balanced in that way - there are wonderful highs and lows, great tension and relief...it makes for very compelling viewing.

Bravo.

fashion elite

One of the best of season without a doubt. JW continues to impress.

Last edited by zoom; 03-03-2017 at 02:11 PM.
03-03-2017
fashion elite

This is it. THIS.IS.IT. The most beautiful, most referential, most layered and most understated collection of the season. You just cannot get better at the moment, it's magic. I re-watched the video three times and I can't get enough.

front row

SO good. This is even better than Fall 2016 because he offers a lot more variations in the collection. The styling is amazing as usual. Other brands should take note or maybe consider hiring Benjamin Bruno.

03-03-2017
V.I.P.

Very hit or miss. At the beginning I was like: "Am I looking at the same thing? This is very mediocre". But towards the end it got better. Actually there are a few looks that I like and three or so that I really love.

03-03-2017
fashion icon

Definitely my favourite collection of the season thus far. Anderson's doing some great things at Loewe.

03-03-2017
V.I.P.

His work at Loewe really does capture the imagination and I'm not big on JW overall, so that's credit where it's due. I can't really trace the inspiration(s) here but there are looks that are so strong individually...the first look on Selena is slightly Marc-esque but is fantastic, as well as Liya's striped/lace dress. Nice to see someone making people dream again.

03-03-2017
trendsetter

I'm not feeling the hats at all but apart from that, this is another solid collection for Loewe from Anderson. Always full of new ideas, I just love how he creates quirky and fun clothing that is also sophisticated. I also thought the third look was interesting because it's his take on an evening gown which he's never really done before.

His collections always have so much to take in that you have to go back and look at everything again to absorb it all. Those subtle details make it that bit more amazing.

04-03-2017
backstage pass

I don't particularly love his men's (Yes, those wide jeans with the white panels at the bottom should be burnt in hell), but his women's are always delightful to watch and designs wise gets more sophisticated from season to season.

This collection is so multi dimensional and colourful and vibrant it really put his rich cousin Dior to shame. The structured milk tea brown leather jacket is so elegant and my favourite here.

He just need another it bag to add to the puzzle bag and he will very soon be the star designer in the LVMH stable.

04-03-2017
V.I.P.

Resaw it again and apart from a few details there's nothing here actually. Overrated.

Fashion is in such a bad shape that I when see a few nice design details I think a show is not that bad as a whole. Shame on me. Most of it is just plain.And even looks 48 and 44, that are the ones that I like are not even that well thought. The neckline in the dress is a little bit poor, like they didn't know how to finish it; and in the other one it's just the craftmanship...

And so many silhouettes, so many propositions... It's not bold enough. Not very coherent.

Last edited by Creative; 04-03-2017 at 04:01 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
f or w, loewe, paris