Loewe F/W 2017.18 Paris - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2017
V.I.P.

Fantastic collection, stunning! He does it again, Loewe is such an exciting brand now.

04-03-2017
fashion elite

This is glorious!

04-03-2017
fashion elite

It's good but I can't seem to understand why everyone is salivating over it. There are some great pieces but I'm not jumping for joy over them. The opening look is a knockout. I can see why they chose to showcase it in the campaign. Other than that it's just good but not great.

backstage pass

i don't get it.... why ppl here can despise Gucci or Prada, yet totally buy this collection? really that gorgeous?
btw i think i saw some Dior by raf and Celine here

05-03-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanelh View Post
i don't get it.... why ppl here can despise Gucci or Prada, yet totally buy this collection? really that gorgeous?
btw i think i saw some Dior by raf and Celine here
There are no rational reasons to like or to not like a collection. You know that there people who loves Phillip PLein and who will never understand how someone can like Prada. The same as there are people who likes something like Elie Saab and who will be never caught dead wearing Prada.
A lot of things about fashion are subjectives.

05-03-2017
V.I.P.

I think one thing is liking a collection, which is subjective, and another one is talking about the design quality, the relevance, the complexity of a collection, the way it's edited, the materials, the execution (which is more objective I think).

I sometimes like bad collections and dislike good ones.

05-03-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
I think one thing is liking a collection, which is subjective, and another one is talking about the design quality, the relevance, the complexity of a collection, the way it's edited, the materials, the execution (which is more objective I think).

I sometimes like bad collections and dislike good ones.
LOL! So true! I've always loved Dior RTW FW04. That collection is so bad for some obvious reasons but it's acutally one of my favorite Galliano collection of all time.
Prada SS14 which wasn't bad and which was loved by everybody it seems is actually one the collection that i've hated overtime. Those "faces" pieces were absolutely scary and horrible IRL. Everybody that i've seen wearing those dresses looked ridiculous in them.

05-03-2017
V.I.P.

this is "all over the place" but some truly standout looks/pieces

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
05-03-2017
backstage pass

Will try to see it in more detail, but from the thumbnails I appreciate a shift from the bohemian vibe of seasons past to something a bit more realistic. I especially like how sometimes it's a bit YSL with those sheer dresses and suddenly you're back to a very Yohji sensibility. It's not a J.W. Anderson without some misteps though.

06-03-2017
front row

so good, maybe the first collection from him that I really love

07-03-2017
front row

Probably his most commercial collection yet but with just enough weirdness to make it spectacular. I absolutely love it! This is how to evolve a brand; a perfect case study indeed. It felt as though he was auditioning for a bigger job; parts of it felt more romantic than ever (I could do without the "Mary had a little lamb" hats though) and the details are incredible. He is exploring truly innovative techniques that are borderline couture. I hope he remains here and continues as he is; it's a match made in heaven. However I just can't help but think of how he could interpret the codes of a bigger house like Dior or Balenciaga.

chat~

It's interesting to see so many people like it. I guess as a style it's kind of refreshing. But as a woman I only love two dresses and only in an ideal world would I wear them outdoors.

11-03-2017

I never get these overhyped, overrated shows.

Most of the looks are downright ugly, badly constructed.

backstage pass

Lookbook by Jamie Hawkesworth

Last edited by YohjiAddict; 12-08-2017 at 11:38 PM.
12-08-2017
backstage pass

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
f or w, loewe, paris