Loewe F/W 2017.18 Paris - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-03-2017
V.I.P.

Loewe F/W 2017.18 Paris

vogue.com

V.I.P.

vogue.com

V.I.P.

vogue.com

V.I.P.

vogue.com

trendsetter

What a gorgeous collection!! Translatable for editorial or social settings.

03-03-2017
backstage pass

I see nice details and clothes but it's first collection for Loewe I don't fall madly in love with. Normally, you get a mood, a very specific and unique feeling by watching a few looks of his work. Not this time.

This coat with red leather panels is gorgeous, that pink skirt made of circles interesting, the knits are all well done. It looks like a "good" New York Fashion week show at its best to me. And it's definitely more commercial so customers may enjoy it but fans of "daring" J.W Anderson may be disappointed.The Loewe show normally transport any viewer in a singular time and place. Maybe next time again.

fashion insider

Easily his best collection for the house, amazing!

03-03-2017
backstage pass

It's a little more somber than what I typically associate with his Loewe. The venue is not helping at all!

This is the first time I would've like to see him edit. The black looks aren't really doing it for me. He could've left those out.

That being said, I there are some really great colorful (thank god!) pieces here. I love Liya's finale look.

03-03-2017
fashion insider

So many interesting propositions. I was really sceptic once he started his tenure at Loewe but every season his work gets more translatable into real fashion and real clothes. Such a relief in this barren fashion landscape this season. Absolute highlight.

Fat Karl

Wobderful!! Only a few clunker moments for me. I get the sense that this collection will get stronger upon multiple viewings - feels as though there is a lot to digest!

My first and biggest impression is how glad I am to see the styling and accessorizing reigned in. Looks so much more mature and sophisticated this way and the clothes really get to breathe.

03-03-2017
fashion insider

the second to last look is amazing

03-03-2017
V.I.P.

There's something dark, spanish and war like about this collection, beyond just the venue. And in comparison to last season he's letting the collection speak for it self, not weighed down by the bells and whistles. I've been looking at this for sometime now, the more I see it the more I enjoy it! Espeically with video. The music is PERFECT!

Last edited by TheoG; 03-03-2017 at 02:11 PM.
03-03-2017
front row

Best show in Paris so far! This was an amazing collection!! Utterly chic and beautiful!! My favorite collection from Loewe by Anderson so far!! That 36th look, the striped maxi-cocktail dress, looked so divine on the model as she sauntered on the catwalk!! Everything about this show is impeccable!!

scenester

Another amazing show from him, I appreciate the ode to spanish flamenco but not in a obvious way. The venue and soundtrack is perfect here, and when I don't have a problem with their crazy styling in previous shows I am in shock that Jonathan and Benjamin can sent to the runway a simple look without accessories, which is a nice change.

03-03-2017
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDiorHomme View Post
I see nice details and clothes but it's first collection for Loewe I don't fall madly in love with. Normally, you get a mood, a very specific and unique feeling by watching a few looks of his work. Not this time.

This coat with red leather panels is gorgeous, that pink skirt made of circles interesting, the knits are all well done. It looks like a "good" New York Fashion week show at its best to me. And it's definitely more commercial so customers may enjoy it but fans of "daring" J.W Anderson may be disappointed.The Loewe show normally transport any viewer in a singular time and place. Maybe next time again.
I agree 100% with you, 1rst Loewe by JW Anderson that doesn't make me fall in love suddenly. This feels way more commercial and I see a lot of (cocktail?) dresses here, as well as too much black I'd say

I'm also missing lots of beautiful accessories and shoes..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
f or w, loewe, paris