Louis Vuitton Cruise 2017 Rio de Janeiro - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
28-05-2016
front row

At least his self-indulgent collections for Balenciaga always had a streamlined feel no matter how intricate they were but this time everything look extremely awkward, stiff and heavy-handed; It lacks the finesse that is expected from a Brand like LV and considering how wonderfully made were Marc's collections, it's such a big letdown. Those sequined ruffles across the bust area or the cut-outs around the breasts must be the most unfflatering things he has ever done. The only thing I liked here is the navy dress with the turquoise cocoon-ish cape just because They're reminiscent from his days of brilliance

28-05-2016
fashion insider

Oh, Léa Seydoux, my darling Léa Seydoux: start drinking. Either that, or ask for more money.

I will give myself some to recuperate and watch the show again. It can't be that bad. And they'll change it before it's put in stores so...

V.I.P.

I love Nicolas, i will always love him. He is part of my trinity: Karl, Tom and him.
This collection is bad. Maybe the worst of his entire career.
I feel like at Vuitton, his work is becoming more and more caricatural. OK, we can see with some outfits or propositions that he still has some good ideas and can capture our attention and create interesting silhouettes. But, i feel like at Vuitton he is trying very hard to maintain his reputation of this "very edgy and provoking" designer.

His first three collections for Vuitton were very edgy but also commercial and had allure. This is too much. It's overdesigned.
At one point, i wanted to see a plain piece with no details or embellishments.
Only the bags and some pieces worked.

The set was beautiful and he was handsome as always but Chanel gave me more emotion and more beautiful clothes.

I don't think that he has lost it (I still wants him at Chanel) but i do believe that Vuitton is too much of a blank canvas for him.

His first collecton started a story but that story turned wild too fast.

MAS should stop working for Nicolas and Julien Dossena. It is a bit too similar in terms of styling, casting and allure.

Nicolas has always been about the confident woman and now, everything is so girly....I'm lost!

28-05-2016
backstage pass

Most of the looks look like they're made from leftover scraps of fabric from their previous collections

28-05-2016
V.I.P.

It's not oh god Ima burning you all type of bad. But it is below average to what I was expecting. Especially with those too spot on 80s color scheme and undefined, flat structure between waist and heeps. It's like car painted meat packaging.

29-05-2016
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahiyya View Post
Oh, Léa Seydoux, my darling Léa Seydoux: start drinking. Either that, or ask for more money.

I will give myself some to recuperate and watch the show again. It can't be that bad. And they'll change it before it's put in stores so...
And also Alicia Vikander... I honesty feel sorry for them right now lol

29-05-2016
V.I.P.

Why is Louis Vuitton by Nicolas always so messy and trashy. Marc's was way more in balance.

I get that Balenciaga and Louis Vuitton are two different houses but I'm almost wishing he would just remake his old collections. Or at least by inspired by them when he designs for LV.

Edit: the location is the most beautiful thing about this show. Absolutely stunning. Must've been a real experience for the models to walk there.

Last edited by anlabe32; 29-05-2016 at 01:24 AM.
29-05-2016
V.I.P.

Unfortunately he can't find the magic button at LV. There is potential but that's all.

Fat Karl

I actually think there are some of the most attractive clothes he's made for LV in this particular collection.

Some of the more overtly and specifically "SPORT" looking clothes are not my favorite, but the looks near the end of the show with the rushing and big pockets and the then also the smart, boxy jackets and coats with the zips or diamante buttons are really, really well designed and executed - they are just so gorgeous, truly.

One thing I am thinking though - there's a real Rodarte flavor here. It's not as crafty or homespun as Rodarte, but there's something in the styling, that sort of dreamy, pretty girl casting, the pointy little boots, the skinny scarves, the ruffled and ruched neo-80's prom dresses, the jewelry, etc. all somehow reminds me of the last several Rodarte collections.

fashion insider

I am so indecisive about this collection. I had came to a lower expectation for this LV. I am not sure whether it was a lack of house codes or the lack of this creativity but the silhouettes and shapes he made at LV mostly maintains the awkwardness or unflattering. When I look at his Balenciaga collections, they were powerful, balanced and luxurious.

Maybe he is designing the street-factor these days. I mean even fashion, in general, today is so uninspiring. He wouldn't even be bothered.

I really like the first half of the show. Even though I sense the MBMJ racer collection and Raf for Dior, it was a still a better departure from this previous collections with gorgeous outerwear, bags and playfullness. But then those bra cups and ruffles returned and they are hideous.

29-05-2016
trendsetter

While the collection was okay, the venue and show definitely made up for it. So beautiful.

29-05-2016
Hell on Heels

I'm so confused... i really loved his last couple shows, and now this. there's some interesting looks, but nothing is particularly desirable.

29-05-2016
V.I.P.

oh dear

this is crap. and i hate the shoes...the proporations are terrible...the ruffles...just no no no

trendsetter

For me that's his best collections since he arrived at LV.

I finally see again strong details, innovative shapes, research on colors like he did at Balenciaga. Setting is amazing, music is cool, nice casting. Bravo Nicolas !

backstage pass

As a show I did like it. Reminded me a lot of Raf's Dior shows - where the setting basically took precedence over the clothes.

I love Nicolas but he does seem rather stuck on one aesthetic at LV.

Loved the casting & music though

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, cruise, janeiro, louis, resort, rio, vuitton