Louis Vuitton F/W 2017.18 Paris - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

i think it's nice, less exciting than his previous collection.

but why they choose Louvre anyway? the theme is totally irrelevant.
they just want to tell ppl that they are sooo rich that they can use any place if they wanna? is that the purpose?

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

More like they tried to book Louvre for years and this is the only date available for both.

2 Weeks Ago
front row

Very nice collection! So chic and well put-together! Some looks and pieces are quite exceptional, like the ocean blue tech fabric pants! I do agree that showing this against the backdrop of the Louvre is a misstep, both the collection and the setting do not do anything to each other, and showing a relatively simple-looking collection against a such a grand venue makes it seem pretentious.

trendsetter

It's a nice collection but it's nothing spectacular either. I was expecting much more and this is just underwhelming.

2 Weeks Ago
fashion elite

It's absolutely nothing. It's quite pitiful and uninspired. As LVMH's Golden Goose this brand should Razzle and Dazzle every season, instead it's become inconsistent and unpredictable and not in a good way. How he can create such polarizing collections is beyond me. One season is a complete smash, a true knockout and the next is department store basic. One good, one bad. It's a never ending cycle with him. Last season was a triumph. Bourgeois Chic with an edge. This season is a pedestrian tourist visiting the Louvre. Ugly leather, unnecessary decoration, and flat out disgusting colors and fabrics. I am disgusted, disappointed, and shocked by this. My worst of the season. For god's sake this is Louis Vuitton, treat it like Louis Vuitton. Leave the basics to the lesser brands.

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

I am so bored of those Louis Vuitton overworked pieces.I miss soooooooo much minimalist Nicolas Ghesquière. His early Balenciaga collections or the last one he imagined for the house for instance were so cool, effortless and beautiful.

With Vuitton, he has the need to put too many elements on a single garment which makes the design completely unattractive.

SS17 was way better and less trying hard....

front row

Wasn't impressed with this collection Ghesquière can do so much better. Let's hope this really was his last collection for LV before he starts his own label, i think Anna Wintour just let the news slip.
https://youtu.be/MdoYnsfv-Zo

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jescajade View Post
Wasn't impressed with this collection Ghesquière can do so much better. Let's hope this really was his last collection for LV before he starts his own label, i think Anna Wintour just let the news slip.
https://youtu.be/MdoYnsfv-Zo
Anna sure sounded like she said "final show at the Louvre" not sure what tense she was using meaning final show of the season or final show for Louis Vuitton?

Last edited by TheoG; 1 Week Ago at 08:03 AM.
1 Week Ago
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
Anna sure as hell said "final show at the Louvre" not sure what tense she was using meaning final show of the season or final show for Louis Vuitton?
I really think she was just referring to it as the final show of the season, as Louis Vuitton is scheduled on the last day of PFW and is seen as the unofficial closer of the fashion season.

1 Week Ago
fashion insider

His contract will end in 2018 so his final collection has more chances to be the SS18 or the FW18.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
f or w, louis, paris, vuitton