Louis Vuitton F/W 2017.18 Paris - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2017
V.I.P.

Louis Vuitton F/W 2017.18 Paris

vogue

V.I.P.

vogue

Last edited by jexxica; 07-03-2017 at 12:47 PM.
07-03-2017
fashion insider

The clothes are perfectly acceptable (as in: easily sellable) but you miss a bit of a clear message here. Then again, LV under Ghesquiere never had the focussed rigor of his Balenciaga work, and while his Rue Cassette shows had a sense of honesty and charm that kept the effort put into the design of the clothes in clear focus, it feels the opposite way at LV where the parcours for the runway seems endlessly long to the point you already feel bored of what you just saw (and pityful for poor Nicolas having to walk it till the end waving and smiling at the audience).

07-03-2017
V.I.P.

vogue

V.I.P.

vogue

07-03-2017
V.I.P.

Very pedestrian, this is too much ready to wear from the rack.
Since the beginning I haven't liked NG at LV.

front row

Honestly, i really liked the collection. The set is amazing, the soundtrack as well ( i mean Ghost in the shell ost + Frank Ocean ) and the clothes are commercial but yet creative enough to please the press.

I have to admit that the latest looks were the ugliest ones though.

07-03-2017
scenester

No surprise here, clothes are just fine and this might be his the most commercial collection ever. I was more excited after watching a sneak-peak video witch Nicolas walking around in Louvre than after the show. Expectations vs reality, creativity vs commerce.

And I must say that I am dissapointed by how they use such an amazing venue. When I always love the music at NG shows, the soundtrack was a bit off this time and light game was so distracting.

Last edited by Wenden; 07-03-2017 at 01:18 PM.
07-03-2017
Hell on Heels

aside for the fur pieces that are just too much, i really really like this. especially the dresses at the end. but it definitely looked better in motion than in photos.

07-03-2017
V.I.P.

I really miss Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton and Ghesquiere should be back at Balenciaga or other big brand. Since Ghesquiere's second collection for Vuitton I completely lost interest in his work. Boring, pretentious, inconsistent and uninspired.

07-03-2017
front row

I've always liked his collections for LV but this time I agree with you guys. Such a beautiful location for a very commercial and bland collection. Those intergalactic-jon snow fur jackets are borderline tacky

07-03-2017
backstage pass

I've always found that his pieces look quite cheap, in terms of colour, styling, fabrics. This just strengthens that opinion, it's bland and badly styled and those ugly fur things add in a level of tackiness that he really didn't need.

07-03-2017
fashion insider

As others said, the clothes are perfectly acceptable, commercial and will sell. But you can tell that this hasn't been designed with love and it kills me.

I truly hope Ghesquiere is using the tenure at Vuitton to save big paychecks, gather business expertise and start a namesake brand. This otherwise has no point. He knows his clothes are secondary to the accessories and I refuse to believe that this is where he sees himself in the long run.

V.I.P.

I REALLY miss Marc Jacobs for LV, he brought a magic into LV.
NG's clothes are too stiff and it oscillates between an 80s bitch or a 60s school girl. Also I am not a fan of his trousers, just seems to do cropped flares or cropped drainpipe pants. To me this looks like a stiff version of a MBMJ collection

07-03-2017
backstage pass

I like it even if it's quite weak. It's totally commercial, but all the fabrics and details are so good and interesting. On the other hand that set was just too big and didn't match the vibe, same goes to the soundtrack which was pretty bad to me.
That was the last collection of Natacha Ramsay Levi for the house so I'm already looking forward to the cruise 2018. I hope it will be stronger than this one.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
f or w, louis, paris, vuitton