How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-10-2012
backstage pass

That was some presentation. The way the girls walked together down the escalator was amazing, and the hair and makeup was gorgeous. Clothes, well that's another story The checkered looks were awful, and they just weren't that great. Don't get me wrong, I'm a diehard fan of the 1960's but this just isn't exciting and well I liked the sequin looks, that was about it. Too similar to his NYC show which I thought was just awful.

03-10-2012
front row

Horrendous. But what else do you expect out of Marc Jacobs nowadays anyways? I just don't understand how he's regarded as some sort of fashion genius by some! All he does is steal sets from past shows of other designers, and then brings out clothes that were designed by someone else years ago. He needs to go away.

03-10-2012
tfs star

You guys better start getting used to this collection since it's going to be everywhere next season weather we like it or not.

03-10-2012
front row

nowfashion

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

The runway show was a copy paste job from last Spring's Paco Rabanne. C'mon Marc, I was expecting models parachuting into Versailles now! As for the collection, well it was hardly any different from what he produced for his namesake, just a little better. If you look at some of the details on the flower print jackets etc. it looks quite nice, but I'm getting sick of this 'sweet' LV look. Not only similar to Marc's own line this season, but barely any different in general vibe to LV S/S 2012.

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

I really enjoyed the show and the clothes were really beautiful. Although, the collection reminded me of his Marc Jacobs show in NY, I still really like it. The shapes are very flattering and smart plus I loved the hair and makeup. Also, the presentation was really interesting.

03-10-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKarina View Post
Horrendous. But what else do you expect out of Marc Jacobs nowadays anyways? I just don't understand how he's regarded as some sort of fashion genius by some! All he does is steal sets from past shows of other designers, and then brings out clothes that were designed by someone else years ago. He needs to go away.
I completely agree with you. Katie Grand supports him in everything. That's why so many brands are always similare, because Katie Grand works for Prada, Miu Miu, Nina Ricci, Loewe, Giles, LV, and so on...
This is why Marc has a big affect on the fashion world today, he controls and fooles everyone around him, that is why he used the chess-board pattern...

03-10-2012
front row

a few close ups..

nowfashion

03-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelover8 View Post
I completely agree with you. Katie Grand supports him in everything. That's why so many brands are always similare, because Katie Grand works for Prada, Miu Miu, Nina Ricci, Loewe, Giles, LV, and so on...
This is why Marc has a big affect on the fashion world today, he controls and fooles everyone around him, that is why he used the chess-board pattern...
And I was about to ask why such a hack still has a job.

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelover8 View Post
Katie Grand supports him in everything. That's why so many brands are always similare, because Katie Grand works for Prada, Miu Miu, Nina Ricci, Loewe, Giles, LV, and so on...
I don't mean to get off topic but Katie doesn't do Prada, Miu Miu and Nina Ricci. Olivier Rizzo styles Prada and Miu Miu and Alex White does Nina Ricci FYI .

I actually think that Giles and Loewe have their own individual identity separate from LV; the only similarity is the casting, nothing to do with the actual clothes.

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

I see...now that they share the same parent, he can rip off Raf Simons and not worry about copyright? I'm talking about the presentation. He should have gone all the way and copy the clothes too....

....they are not very good!

03-10-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelMarantBoy View Post
That was some presentation. The way the girls walked together down the escalator was amazing, and the hair and makeup was gorgeous. Clothes, well that's another story The checkered looks were awful, and they just weren't that great. Don't get me wrong, I'm a diehard fan of the 1960's but this just isn't exciting and well I liked the sequin looks, that was about it. Too similar to his NYC show which I thought was just awful.
I agree, the escalator and the whole presentation of everything was so nice at the Lourve, and the checks were fun because checks just are, but the checks in those colours on those clothes were just not doing it for me in terms of relatability or wearability.

03-10-2012
trendsetter

Regardless of Marc being Marc, there's a LOT of super wearable and good items here, if you take them out of the chessboard context. I can only imagine how much fun you can have with the different items, playing them up or down, mixing with other patterns, playing with silhouettes etc.

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

TOTAL DISASTER. So ugly. The clothes look like something that a waitress would wear in the 60s. I am so disappointed.

03-10-2012
front row

I guess all never get Marc Jacobs sens of creativity , he's so overrated IMO those are some uglys clothes and you don't have to be a fashion connoiseur to notice it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, louis, paris, s or s, vuitton