How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
If you take aside the horrid checkered pieces and the horrid shoes, I think there's much to like here. The flower printed numbers are really great.
I agree, I am actually surprised by how much I like this. I can't wait to see how it will be translated into people's wardrobe and how they mix and match the pieces. Some of the coats I would die for.

But I can see how people think he is lazy in terms if his namesake show at NYFW and now this. I think this show was better in all accounts though.

Oh and btw Armani isn't the inventor of "twin" models nor does he hold a patent for being the only user of them. I don't understand the comparison there.

03-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
I agree, I am actually surprised by how much I like this. I can't wait to see how it will be translated into people's wardrobe and how they mix and match the pieces. Some of the coats I would die for.

But I can see how people think he is lazy in terms if his namesake show at NYFW and now this. I think this show was better in all accounts though.

Oh and btw Armani isn't the inventor of "twin" models nor does he hold a patent for being the only user of them. I don't understand the comparison there.
Ditto. Even the whole "Raf did the escalator thing first" is a bit tedious to hear...There's a purpose to this atmosphere, how idiotic people sound when they try to make an absurd comparison.

fashion icon

Marc is genious there is no doubt. I don't particulary fond with this collection as previous one but it was such a cute yet adorable. But what really caught my attention is the accessories they're mindblowingly cute.

03-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelover8 View Post
Marc Jacobs message behind these presentation with the chess-board pattern is that he controls his bosses and people around him, and plays with them just like with the marionette, and chess-piece.
Brilliant analysis. You summed up his whole career into a neat and tidy pile. And both his collections this season sure are huge piles of something...

fashion insider

Haha, it looks funny! I like it.

03-10-2012
chaos reigns

Marc is an effin genius.

He took the house's bags print (damier) and had the models wear it. ALL OVER THE COLLECTION.

This is as fashion victim-y as you could get and IT WORKS!

I love love the elongated silhouettes, the small bags, the splash of yellow.

Best season Ive seen from LV in a while. Standing ovation!

backstage pass

I do think that first half with the overwhelming checkers hurts to look at, but I love the way the pieces were cut and how the silhouettes look (I can see them if I squint at them hard enough ).

But overall, I love it! It's such a cute collection and I love every piece except for the checkered print, but that's just me.

front row

Honestly seeing this in hq and looking at the detailed shots, makes me like this collection even less.

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Whyyyyyyyy...

03-10-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

am dizzy from flipping through the collection..some nice pieces in the collection though

03-10-2012
tfs star

i quite like it

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

it's such a weird thing that Marc has yet to give the Louis Vuitton woman a true identity. She is someone different every season. One season she is mature the next she looks as if she wants to be a Marc Jacobs woman. Menswear (not designed by him) has such a clear direction in terms of who a Vuitton man is, but I don't think I like anything about this continuation of Marc Jacobs' Spring collection for his namesake line

03-10-2012
Geometric Discharge

Probably the most underwhelming collection of the season, but I loved the presentation; that three-quarter shot of the escalators which made them look as if they went on forever.
Though I don't find it very exciting - the quality of Louis Vuitton will always speak for itself - the chequered jackets are exquisitely constructed as so all of the pocket flaps continue the pattern without a break, and are all constructed from the inside as so not even a stitchline breaks the pattern; and the same with the sleeves - they are cut as so the lines of the pattern are perfectly in line.

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

I actually find myself liking this

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
I actually find myself liking this
:ninja

i cant at this collection. SMH

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags