How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
15-06-2005
  31
etre soi-meme
 
Lena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: europe
Gender: femme
Posts: 23,965
maverick, trust me you wont be banned for not agreeing with me, thats a promise :p

now seriously, i totally dont get your points of 'critisism' to my post.. let me explain (english is not my mother -or father- language so please be patient)

trade has never been one street.. american analysts have been stressing the point 'dont feed the dragon' for years and of course they were right...
see by now the dragon is so well fed, the west is so much depended, lets sell them what they haven't (e.g. the luxury lifestyle dream) and starts all over again..
how can you have a problem with stating things the way they are? where do you see the inaccurancy ?

being pleased or not is not an issue, most lux companies have already transfered production to China actually they've been doing this for quite sometime, lux production in China is well under way now its time to start retail..take the invested money back

its only a normal clever way for Europe to react to how chinese products taking over our market.. we give you what you have not

  Reply With Quote
 
15-06-2005
  32
V.I.P.
 
Spacemiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: homme
Posts: 9,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Space, the Chinese version of Communism is nothing to be nostalgic for, just read up on Mao and Cultural Revolution.
I know, I know, the whole thing failed, thats' what i'm saying, just another sign, to much corrution in the world. It makes me sad.

__________________
Oceans of angels, oceans of stars
  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  33
front row
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Beautiful South
Gender: femme
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemiu
intresting, I supos they are going to be the 'next japan', in terms of luxry/fashion consumerism.
And what's wrong with that??

  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  34
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 13
In a certain way, despite the commercial perspective, it is easy to grow a sentiment of hate towards China. They have no respect for life. It's incredible. At the same time no country can make war with China, or force it to release Tibet. I find that China is being mediocre for threatening the use of veto power in the UN to keep Japan out of it. At the same time US doesn't support Germany. But aren't Japan and Germany the second and the third most powerful countries in the world?

  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  35
front row
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Beautiful South
Gender: femme
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick
This is also a very interesting issue from an economics perspective; however I doubt anyone here is interested.

Also, most of the "information" in this thread outhers posted is incorrect.
Well not all is wrong, some misguided people on this thread believes socialism and communism is a concept that works. We all know only free markets work, it's all about supply and demand nothing more or less. Any time you try to control a subject (people, markets etc.), corruption will follow. It's second nature for people to figure out a way to circumvent obstacles. I'm not saying capitalism doesn't have corruption, it does, but mainly in politics. You can't corrupt a free market, for example... take an American landscaper that charge say.... $200 a month for taking care of your lawn. This sound high to many folks and guess what? Here comes a Mexican willing to do the same thing for $130 a month. There you have it, a free market. The same goes for any corporations looking for an edge, cheaper labor means better margins. The luxury houses will do the same. Their interest is twofold, cheap labor and western pricing to the ever growing middle class in China with money to spend on western culture.

  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  36
Naturellement pulpeuse
 
PrinceOfCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The 'other' bit of the south of France
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Femme
Well not all is wrong, some misguided people on this thread believes socialism and communism is a concept that works.
We all know only free markets work, it's all about supply and demand nothing more or less. Any time you try to control a subject (people, markets etc.), corruption will follow. It's second nature for people to figure out a way to circumvent obstacles. I'm not saying capitalism doesn't have corruption, it does, but mainly in politics. You can't corrupt a free market, for example... take an American landscaper that charge say.... $200 a month for taking care of your lawn. This sound high to many folks and guess what? Here comes a Mexican willing to do the same thing for $130 a month. There you have it, a free market. The same goes for any corporations looking for an edge, cheaper labor means better margins. The luxury houses will do the same. Their interest is twofold, cheap labor and western pricing to the ever growing middle class in China with money to spend on western culture.
MARKET. FAILURE.

__________________
-Jamais fille chaste n'a lu de romans

Last edited by PrinceOfCats; 15-06-2005 at 07:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  37
front row
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Beautiful South
Gender: femme
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick
It does not work this way, this is especially evident in the case of the United States. The theory purposed by many economists is that the situation is a one way street towards China, a folly that will lead to the collapse of the United States as we now know it. Today, If China so wished she could completely collapse the United States economy; I see no change in this trend and only see its explanation to other states. Does this article mark a new trend with European states?
Can you elaborate on how the chinese can collapse the United States economy???? How about looking at it this way, we (the capitalists) collapse their political system by economic revolution, once their population get used to the free markets they will never tolerate the supression from communism. The socialistic european countries will fall on their own merits of promoting couch potatoes and non productive thinking to preserve their political seats. After years of buying their seats in power by promising welfare for the masses it will ultimately bankrupt their future. How do you expect for example, Germany to compete with China, India or Korea in shipbuilding, car manufacturing and other heavy industries with 5 weeks paid vacation and 35 hour work week?

  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  38
front row
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Beautiful South
Gender: femme
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
MARKET. FAILURE.

?????

  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  39
Naturellement pulpeuse
 
PrinceOfCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The 'other' bit of the south of France
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Femme
?????
No offence, but you clearly are not an economist. The principal of market failure is probably the second thing an economics class would teach, after markets themsevles. You seem to be using a lot of economic arguments without really understanding what they are, which is making your reasoning very weak.

__________________
-Jamais fille chaste n'a lu de romans
  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  40
V.I.P.
 
faust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
No offence, but you clearly are not an economist. The principal of market failure is probably the second thing an economics class would teach, after markets themsevles. You seem to be using a lot of economic arguments without really understanding what they are, which is making your reasoning very weak.
not to mention that she sounds like she is stuck in some cold war bible belt mode of thinking.

  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  41
front row
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Beautiful South
Gender: femme
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
No offence, but you clearly are not an economist. The principal of market failure is probably the second thing an economics class would teach, after markets themsevles. You seem to be using a lot of economic arguments without really understanding what they are, which is making your reasoning very weak.
I do take offense, because you are not elaborating the weakness in my post. I was simply giving an example of what a free market is. You can read all you want in books and think you know what it is, but you are dead wrong. Can you also please tell me what it is I DON'T understand???? Market = when two parties agrees on a price for a specific commodity (anything you can set a price on). And I did not take that out of a book....

  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  42
front row
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Beautiful South
Gender: femme
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
not to mention that she sounds like she is stuck in some cold war bible belt mode of thinking.
We are talking about free markets, what does cold war have to do with it?
Socialism and communism are and will forever be a failure

  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  43
Naturellement pulpeuse
 
PrinceOfCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The 'other' bit of the south of France
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Femme
I do take offense, because you are not elaborating the weakness in my post. I was simply giving an example of what a free market is. You can read all you want in books and think you know what it is, but you are dead wrong. Can you also please tell me what it is I DON'T understand???? Market = when two parties agrees on a price for a specific commodity (anything you can set a price on). And I did not take that out of a book....
If you want to be offensive with your 'books' spiel then here you go: the reason I didn't point out the weaknesses in your post is because ...>....edited for rude remark....< that I don't really feel the need to give it the oxygen of a reasoned reply.

*wow, great reasoning did it take you hours of speculation your highness?

__________________
-Jamais fille chaste n'a lu de romans

Last edited by Lena; 16-06-2005 at 03:59 AM.
  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  44
front row
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Beautiful South
Gender: femme
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
If you want to be offensive with your 'books' spiel then here you go: the reason I didn't point out the weaknesses in your post is because >>edited as above<<I don't really feel the need to give it the oxygen of a reasoned reply.
well well, I guess there was no weakness in my post since you don't have the argument to defend your own weakness in the matter.


Last edited by Lena; 16-06-2005 at 04:04 AM.
  Reply With Quote
15-06-2005
  45
Naturellement pulpeuse
 
PrinceOfCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The 'other' bit of the south of France
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Femme
well well, I guess there was no weakness in my post since you don't have the argument to defend your own weakness in the matter.
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear - I do 'have the argument' I just have no wish to share it ...

*...edited ...again

__________________
-Jamais fille chaste n'a lu de romans

Last edited by Lena; 16-06-2005 at 04:16 AM. Reason: if you dont wish to share your argument, why are you going on and on? rude personal remarks will be EDITED
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attack, china, luxe
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.