Maison Margiela Haute Couture S/S 2017 Paris - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-01-2017
fashion elite

I love the collection. I love the artistry and the expression of creativity but i don't see the point of it.
This has nothing to do with Margiela. If we are willing to pretend that this is Margiela, we should also pretend that what Maria Grazia is doing is totally Dior and that what Burton is doing is McQueen. Talent should not lower our standards when judging something...Even if it's by our beloved designer.

I want to take this as a laboratory of ideas because this has nothing to do with the state of Couture today. We are in the era where Couture is not only a marketing tool but a reality in people's wardrobe and brands sales. I've found a new excitement in this new age of Couture...

Galliano is reminding us of the "good old days" of early 00's fashion when Couture was about madness and was only used as a way to sell bags and shoes. This is maybe why i'm not over-excited about that.
I've known that and i don't see the point of experiencing that today.

I just wish Renzo Rosso buys John Galliano and give it back to John because no matter how creative he is, i just feel like this isn't working. I'm trying my hardest to convince myself that he is good for Margiela but i can't.
If tomorrow he leaves Margiela, i would not be sad at all...

25-01-2017
backstage pass

F I N A L L Y .

This is the collection I have been waiting from John Galliano to produce at MMM. I don't like the middle part but the start is so strong... I enjoy it so much when he doesn't put 50 layers of garments on a girl with a too forced styling. The opening part is just divine...deconstruction worked efficiently.

This is so much better than the last HC show which was an ugly mess...

It's not Margiela, it will never be because it's clear Galliano's signature is too strong to be unseen unlike Blazy or Gvasalia when they were at MMM. BUT it gets closer to Margiela when he shows maxi-minimalism like this morning.

And as usual the shoes are to die for....

front row

When i saw the face on the white coat i thought - 'YASS an asian woman! 'REPRESENT'. Now I'm reading it's meant to be Kate Moss and I'm like, hmm, ok, I don't see it, but..

25-01-2017
V.I.P.

I needed to see this. I've been so down and uninterested in fashion lately, but seeing this collection lite a slight spark in me. The amount of craftsmanship and stand alone pieces are so inspiring.

25-01-2017
tfs star

The Benjamin Shine "Kate" Dress is absolutely incredible. Only thing good about this collection for me.

25-01-2017
fashion insider

His is the next frontier of haute couture vision.

More irreverent than irrelevant… There are more concepts and a history of fashion in one look than most of these designers can conjure in their full collections. Galliano’s gone back to Margiela’s roots at Gaultier, and infused it with his own distinct brand of deconstruction that looks so liberating— and must feel liberating for him as well. It’s so wonderful to see him in such as state of joy and control.

Best best best presentation of fashion by far of anything else ushered in this week.

Thanks Fashion_Girl for all the pics.

25-01-2017
backstage pass

I absolutely love the detailing and construction that went into this, it must be so enchanting seeing them move in person.

It's so good it's almost magical, and Galliano is a master of conceptualization, not just for designing the collection, but for ensuring the final product is true to his original vision. It's gorgeous and thought provoking and actually- gasp- imaginative!

I'll bet you'll be seeing lesser designers trying to pull off all those faces in the following seasons and failing miserably.

25-01-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctra View Post
When i saw the face on the white coat i thought - 'YASS an asian woman! 'REPRESENT'. Now I'm reading it's meant to be Kate Moss and I'm like, hmm, ok, I don't see it, but..
Was it 'officially' said or confirmed that it's meant to be Kate? When I first saw it, it immediately reminded me of Soo Joo's face... you're not the only one seeing an Asian woman

25-01-2017
V.I.P.

I can't get past how mesmerizing the black tulle 'face' overlay w/ coat is (although it doesn't look that much like Kate to me??). It's always such a joy to look at the details from the whole collection as well, love the backs with metallic pendants. The Rei influence however is really strong, so I can see how people don't see this necessarily aligning with MMM per se.

25-01-2017
rising star

It's so emotional.

25-01-2017
V.I.P.

it's so amazing, I almost wanna cry. I saw this "face" coat on instagram today and I couldn't stop thinking about it the whole day. Thank you Galliano

Last edited by Sweet rus; 25-01-2017 at 08:30 PM.
26-01-2017
fashion elite

The Faces were made by an artist called Benjamin Shine who does amazing faces with tulles. His work is kinda exceptional.

27-01-2017
http://fashionworldstuff.

I love Galliano's Margiela ( i would like to see finally Galliano at the helm of his own brand, this will make more sense, i wish me so much!)
Galliano's Artisanal collections are always interesting to see, the details,the ideas,the inspirations, i simply love it.
And the top in this collection is the White coat with the face in tulle made by Benjamin Shine.
And, for me the face is not very similar to Kate Moss face. Not recognizable,i mean.

27-01-2017
V.I.P.

I gotta say, Galliano is doing the best work of his career at Margiela.

28-01-2017
V.I.P.

I think I say this every season, but I thank Galliano for injecting a little (or should I say a lot) of life into Couture week.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, couture, haute, maison, margiela, paris, s or s