Maison Margiela S/S 2018 Paris - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-09-2017
V.I.P.

Maison Margiela S/S 2018 Paris

nowfashion

V.I.P.

nowfashion.com

fashion elite

Looks like Galliano is continuing with the seams-only garments for the third season in a row. It's clear that he's not pushing himself creatively but it's also undeniable that there are some beautifully crafted pieces throughout this collection. So there's that.

tfs star

This show fueled me in energy this morning Galliano has made so exquisite pieces from previous caos emerged delicated pieces, fun and and i just wanna discover the details where you can see his precious soul.

27-09-2017
backstage pass

At this time, i am glas Galliano was fired from Dior. I never really liked his OTT at Dior, and had he stayed on, he may still continue to do all of that and more, so no.

But Margiela by Galliano exhibits how skilful a real designer is, clothes are so sharply cut, the clothes certainly lacks the nonchalance of Martin Margiela the man himself, but this is very good in it's own right.

Ps. And then we see what's happening at Dior....

27-09-2017
front row

I like parts of Galliano work for Margiela so far...but you can tell he is stuck in a trench-coat loop!

I don´t know how many times I´ve already seen a deconstructed trench-coat in his collections. He is obsessed with it.

27-09-2017
backstage pass

I hope this will never happen but I'm scared that he'll end up with the trench coat as a basis just like he did at Dior with the New Look silhouette. He has to move on but I don't think the direction of Teddy's look with literally everything thrown on her is a good one for Margiela. Perhaps it's the high time to think about clothes, their real construction and cut instead of making costumes.

27-09-2017
fashion insider

I don't mind a trench every season, in the showroom these pieces flawless, true masters of design. I love what he's doing at Margiela and don't want that to change anytime soon.

27-09-2017
backstage pass

Not good, not bad, not surprising. Just the continuation of the other themes we are used to see with his tenure.

Galliano is developing his vernacular at Margiela, yes, and I don't mind it. I just wish he would explore new directions with his motherf*cking couture skills.

backstage pass

I'm sure this is breathtaking in construction and detailing, but I low key hate this. Maybe because every looks seems piled on rather than styled, but I find it very ugly.

28-09-2017
Hell on Heels

i've got this weird thing with john's margiela... at first look, all of his rtw collections make me go 'oh, ok'
but then i look at the details and i'm in awe! It really needs some time to be properly looked at. I love it. Case in point:

vogue.com theimpression.com

28-09-2017
http://fashionworldstuff.

I simply love Galliano's Margiela.

28-09-2017
trendsetter

Always one of the most interesting collections each season! His work at Margiela is always creative, fascinating and unique, it's really a joy to look at.

28-09-2017
fashion insider

It's beautiful but he feels a bit stuck.

I need him to do something else at this point as it's all beginning to kind of run together.

28-09-2017
fashion elite

I feel like i'm more excited about his clothes in the stores than in the show. The presentation, the styling and the venue is just a total NO for me, as usual. It's just dry and souless...

It's a pity because those clothes are really clever, fun but with a lot of depth.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, maison, margiela, paris, s or s