How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
How exactly is it pretentious that MMM the corporation owned by Diesel is in business with H&M, another corporation to produce accessible, affordable and wearable clothes for the masses?

Some may twist and shout all they want because the exclusivity and rarity of the original MMM designs are somewhat tarnished in their view by this corporate collaboration, and that to me, shows your pretentious and elitist attitude more than anything. This is a commercial production-- it's not MMM, so what's the problem? MMM's original, artisanal, collectable pieces will still hold their much coveted cache amongst the fashion connoisseurs. I find it very pretentious and humorous that some feel the original MMM pieces will be diminished of their art form because of this output. I think it's great that this collaboration is as true to the designers aesthetic as a mass-produced collaboration can be. The quality of materials and construction, and attention to details will never be there, but that's to be expected. These reproductions will never be able to touch their original inspirations, but at this price point, it's so accessible to those who have always wanted something related to MMM, but couldn't afford it. And I think that's great.

I find your attitude of "dumbing down art for consumer's sake" so pretentious and rather pompous. This is only fashion, after all.
Excellent post! I really doubt Margiela himself would be turned off by this collaboration. I am so glad that they are releasing the items out of the archive instead of doing completely new design. In a certain way, it's a wonderful tribute to Monsieur Margiela. There are a lot of people who are genuinely interested in and also well-informed about contemporary fashion but could never afford MMM at the regular retail price. This collections is such a blessing to us. To put down the value of this collaboration by saying stuff like "you should make the same re-assembled, patchwork clothing by getting dirt-cheap stuff from Goodwill store and doing it yourself rather than feeding the commercial monster of H&M" is childish and laughable. Man, there are lots of things that are more worth your time to make the world a better place than making your own clothing. Plus the original designs of Monsieur Margiela would never lose a single bit of their value because of these imperfect replicas.

This thread seriously exposed the pretension and nonsense of a whole bunch of pseudo-artists on TFS. It's not just an elitist attitude, it also comes from a certain kind of insecurity. If you don't like the idea that some fashion ignoramuses wear clothing that look similar to the designer stuff you own, put yours back into closet and never put them back on. Owning some Chanel don't make you a better person, and anything with Margiela, Yohji or any other avant-garde names attached to it won't do that job either.

16-10-2012
front row

Will we be able to buy this online?

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepetitcouturier View Post
Will we be able to buy this online?
e-commerce for H&M has been delayed until sometime in 2013 for the US so i doubt it.

V.I.P.

Do you think they'll do another collection for spring (a la Versace)? Would you like them to?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
I find your attitude of "dumbing down art for consumer's sake" so pretentious and rather pompous
Amen to that. A grip needs to be gotten.

17-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teja View Post
I will probably buy those white sneakers and if these black pants are made of leather, I'm gonna get them too.
The beige long dress looks amazing!

SUBDISTRICT
I first need to get a look on the prices, but I'm really liking the big black pants, the black dress with the long layered piece and the necklace.. (well other things too but I guess I have to stay reasonable... :-P) (hope it's in my budget)

17-10-2012
trendsetter

HQ look book

vogue.co.uk

17-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailme. View Post
Do you think they'll do another collection for spring (a la Versace)? Would you like them to?
doubt it

17-10-2012
Once King

Sonia Rykiel and Versace were the only two collections that made a two season collection if I am to believe my memory.

Most interested in seeing the room setup for the MMM collaboration. Everything draped in white sheets, white paint splatter, Nothing exciting at all?

17-10-2012
V.I.P.

oh my loooorrrd i need to have that sheep-looking coat!!!

V.I.P.

Just saw the prices for the pieces in the lookbook and judging from that, the quality is going to be there. To give you a perspective, the duvet coat is $349 and shoes are $200-400.

I don't think the goal will be to sell out the collection in minutes this time around. With these price points (along with presumably a lack of mass appeal) it will be a slow burn. I want a few pieces but it looks like I'm going to have to pick one or two pieces and come back for the others.

-J.R.

Last edited by emailme.; 17-10-2012 at 12:31 PM.
17-10-2012
trendsetter

I read somewhere on twitter that the return policy will be 3 days....
Can anyone validate that?

17-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pen6693 View Post
that's how it usually is for collab collection.
the ADR collection offer no return policy for all the accessories.

H&M website should put up the whole look book with purchase information soon.
the launch party is next Wednesday in NY so I assumed the whole thing will go live on the website by end of next week.

17-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pen6693 View Post
it will probably be more than 3 days in the US. we have different consumer protections here.

front row

Vogue UK has updated their look book with prices.
Should we expect lesser people in Q?

I hope this will also means I will fight with lesser reseller and only with real customers.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin