How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-10-2012
trendsetter

Ok, so probably a week like Marni then.
Thanks

17-10-2012
Blood On The Leaves

The collection has 104 pieces?!
http://www.fashionmagazine.com/blogs...ce-collection/

17-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
Sonia Rykiel and Versace were the only two collections that made a two season collection if I am to believe my memory.

Most interested in seeing the room setup for the MMM collaboration. Everything draped in white sheets, white paint splatter, Nothing exciting at all?
Matthew Williamson also did 2 collections.

and i guess altogether it might be 104 pieces, if we're counting single pieces, incl shoes in different colors.

Last edited by Street_a_Licious; 17-10-2012 at 02:57 PM.
17-10-2012
V.I.P.

I like the shearling coat!!

17-10-2012
trendsetter

I want some of the women's stuff as well as the mens.

fashion insider

I was wondering, to be sure to get the pieces one wants when should they go to get in line? (I read that the queues started around 4pm the day before in some places O.O )

19-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailme. View Post
I don't think the goal will be to sell out the collection in minutes this time around. With these price points (along with presumably a lack of mass appeal) it will be a slow burn. I want a few pieces but it looks like I'm going to have to pick one or two pieces and come back for the others.

-J.R.
I'm not so sure. I think people are underestimating the general public. I wouldn't be surprised if it is indeed a sell out. I'm not taking any chances, but then i live in London, we have to fight for everything over here.

I think this collab looks like it will be their best, some pieces look amazing, i hope i can get one of the sweaters and the fitted jacket. I might get that camel coat for the husband. I wish I could buy that men's suit for myself, but i do not think i'll have the budget.
I saw in French Vogue a Candy bag as part of the collection, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.
I hope i won't be disappointed, all their collabs look so cheap.

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

What's the queue like in Paris? And which store will normally stock special edition? Need my hands on that coat!

20-10-2012
fashion insider

I don't know about the queue situation in paris but I think the H&M's on the champs elysée and near the gaeries lafayette will have them (probably going to the second one )

20-10-2012
Stitch:the Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoshcn View Post
This thread seriously exposed the pretension and nonsense of a whole bunch of pseudo-artists on TFS. It's not just an elitist attitude, it also comes from a certain kind of insecurity. If you don't like the idea that some fashion ignoramuses wear clothing that look similar to the designer stuff you own, put yours back into closet and never put them back on. Owning some Chanel don't make you a better person, and anything with Margiela, Yohji or any other avant-garde names attached to it won't do that job either.
or perhaps some of us actually have some respect for the original work? you know the integrity of it all,the thoughtfulness,the creativity,the workmanship. the fact that margiela sourced and worked with the vast majority of his own materials. which nobody does anymore these days. what's more,those elements simply cannot matched in this vein with any kind of authenticity never mind dignity. needless to say,you'll have to excuse us if some of we fans are more than bemused by some of power hungry taking the last remaining morsel of integrity this house once boasted and using it to sell,sell,sell.

you too make your own set of pompous generalisations except you prefer to direct them personally at other members who simply aren't all enthralled about this,for which i don't take kindly. nobody in this forum is directing their grievances at anybody here yet somehow you chose to offend a great deal of active contributors on here.

and again i am really ambivalent about the true intentions of this endeavour.....seems more an attempt to garner superficial publicity for the main MMM which like i said before is even more dishonest since it's nothing like this kind of work.

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

i agree with scott.

there are pros and cons with purchasing these H&M items....

also in another sense, a lot of us may be better off finding the original vintage MMM items on ebay or other resale venues....

for one thing, they will be cheaper. i expect ebay prices to be inflated 3x or more than actual MSRP. and notwithstanding the used condition the vintage items may be of higher quality.

i have not had a huge problem with quality of H&M's designer items previously (trust me i own a lot of them. ) of course some items here and there really fall flat...

it can also be rather embarrasing to seek out items that every tom, dick and harry blogger showboat will be trying to purchase as well...

i think its a bit embarrasing to seek out the flavour of the month. for that reason i tend to wait until hype has died down a bit (that way i can get the item cheaper usually and i also have the benefit of waiting to see if the item truly resonates or not)

20-10-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
How exactly is it pretentious that MMM the corporation owned by Diesel is in business with H&M, another corporation to produce accessible, affordable and wearable clothes for the masses?

Some may twist and shout all they want because the exclusivity and rarity of the original MMM designs are somewhat tarnished in their view by this corporate collaboration, and that to me, shows your pretentious and elitist attitude more than anything. This is a commercial production-- it's not MMM, so what's the problem? MMM's original, artisanal, collectable pieces will still hold their much coveted cache amongst the fashion connoisseurs. I find it very pretentious and humorous that some feel the original MMM pieces will be diminished of their art form because of this output. I think it's great that this collaboration is as true to the designers aesthetic as a mass-produced collaboration can be. The quality of materials and construction, and attention to details will never be there, but that's to be expected. These reproductions will never be able to touch their original inspirations, but at this price point, it's so accessible to those who have always wanted something related to MMM, but couldn't afford it. And I think that's great.

I find your attitude of "dumbing down art for consumer's sake" so pretentious and rather pompous. This is only fashion, after all.
I agree, very well written. Also I don't understand why this collaboration is such an issue to all die hard MMM fans, because that was not the case in previous collaborations, including Lanvin, which is the embodiment of luxury, hmm.
Maybe you could just say that this collab shouldn't happened in the first place (because arguments like saying it's not good or original enough are invalid, you ultimately didn't see the collection irl to judge) and ignore it, I personally don't see any victims in this whole thing. Or maybe you're just naive, because fashion IS about money, it's not art.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
21-10-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
why? because these pieces are from the margiela era. they are archives so of course it's appropriate and quite relevant to talk about that period. to be honest,i feel like in a way this has been a great opportunity to celebrate and ruminate over that era because it was such an inspirational time. so again,if it achieves just that much and gets people into the how the maison culminated then i say good for them for doing this.

and i'm not saying i hate this nor am i outright dismissing it at face value. as i said it looks great aesthetically but we have to be smart and realize not to mention discern that it's going to be nowhere near the quality of design the originals ever were. there is a level of craftsmanship because of this format that will be downgraded immensely so it won't have that same feeling in this respect. and that's what he and his original team did so well with those pieces.
then there is no further discussion because I agree with you, but it seems that everybody are approaching to this collection as smth negative. The truth is I was one of those people. I just hope it'll look like this inp. That's why I don't like to connect it to real MMM, because it's not it, it won't be the same quality nor feeling when you touch this and that(maybe it's just me going crazy about that).

And I see bloggers are going crazy about it .. Tho, those pieces I like nobody digs, so I'll just hope it stays that way.

21-10-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoshcn View Post
I really doubt Margiela himself would be turned off by this collaboration.
Oh, this is such a wrong thing to say! I don't even have to explain why is that a NO, and with Margiela himself it would never be possible, starting with ADS, which he never did. New designers collection for H&M: '???xH&M'?

21-10-2012
Blood On The Leaves

ZILIN-LEE TUMBLR

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin