How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

the beaver fur coat looks like it belongs on one of the crazy ladies from "grey gardens".

does anyone know what material the candy wrapper purse is made from?

21-10-2012
Stitch:the Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i agree with scott.

there are pros and cons with purchasing these H&M items....

also in another sense, a lot of us may be better off finding the original vintage MMM items on ebay or other resale venues....

for one thing, they will be cheaper. i expect ebay prices to be inflated 3x or more than actual MSRP. and notwithstanding the used condition the vintage items may be of higher quality.

i have not had a huge problem with quality of H&M's designer items previously (trust me i own a lot of them. ) of course some items here and there really fall flat...

it can also be rather embarrasing to seek out items that every tom, dick and harry blogger showboat will be trying to purchase as well...

i think its a bit embarrasing to seek out the flavour of the month. for that reason i tend to wait until hype has died down a bit (that way i can get the item cheaper usually and i also have the benefit of waiting to see if the item truly resonates or not)
you said it right there. you can expect the vultures will be out in full force since this collab is limited to certain flagships,probably even more so than the CdG stint. and yes the prices will be 3 times as high as they were at H&M,you can bet on that. it sounds absolutely ludicrous that prices from this will be higher than that of vintage items but these people think that shoppers of these designer collabs are that ignorant and that much of a follower.

and i won't begrudge anybody buying anything but i would take caution and know what i am buying before snapping it up because like you said lucy and what i said earlier,some of those pieces that were shown early in the thread just looked bad. nowhere remotely near their original counterparts. that one sweater,based on his infamous army sock sweater,honestly looked like some hack just lazily attached a pair of socks to the sleeves of a basic sweater. the construction looked very poor and nowhere near the thought and respect you would think taking on such a premise would.

pe77,it's really strange how anybody could ever presume knowing what MM is thinking at this point but from my perspective given his anti-fashion,anti-luxe irreverence and his resistance of playing up to the fashion elite and even fashion in general,i would venture that this would have never been his cuppa. as you know,it's very fashionable these days to be cheap. i this kind of attention would have been very superficial for him.

Last edited by Scott; 21-10-2012 at 11:42 AM.
21-10-2012

omg,are they serious with those prices? that's as much as as the items in the '6' line. again,like you said lucy,more than vintage would be. egads,they could have just re-issued these items from the main house and it would have had the exact same impact. i don't really understand what the point is aside from generous attention. but i highly suspect H&M shoppers will pay those prices at H&M and i doubt die-hard margiela fans will be that keen to purchase either. i see a big fail here from the perspective of renzo russo.

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
omg,are they serious with those prices? that's as much as as the items in the '6' line.
i think those are prices in taiwan currency or possibly yuans.

Last edited by lucy92; 21-10-2012 at 12:19 PM.
21-10-2012

^oh

21-10-2012
fashion insider

^yeah I think on a previous page I read the pants for example were 60€ (but i could be wrong ) I think the prices are quite reasonable

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

I like the look of that top the model has on under the beige suit..

21-10-2012
Blood On The Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i think those are prices in taiwan currency or possibly yuans.
Yeah, white sneakers are 100 and that leather jacket for women is 250. I think the currency is hong kong dollars.

21-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea.RL View Post
^yeah I think on a previous page I read the pants for example were 60 (but i could be wrong ) I think the prices are quite reasonable
I think the prices are quite good too, in the previous page someone posted the link to Vogue UK with all the prices. Bit high for H&M but the quality seems better too.

21-10-2012
scenester

Those invisible wedge boots are gorgeous, think they will be like 200 though. I do want new ankle boots but dunno if I can spend 200 on them eek

21-10-2012

sorry about that guys,just a bit of mistake on my part. i didn't even see the script on top of that page....i just looked at the clothes without realising what it really was.

21-10-2012
scenester

Scott, I'll say...
I don't even have idea how can someone say that Margiela would do this. He wouldn't. I don't know what's he thinking know, but we all know his politics(or we should know, because I don't think that you can just buy Margiela and think 'wow, this is pretty' it is just not like that, it's more than just 'pretty' and buyers should really know 'behind the scenes'). Unfortunatelly most of those buyers wont even know what are they buying, but who cares, they're problem.

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

oh thank god. hahaha. i was just gonna say -- with those prices, there's not a chance in hell they'd have me (or many others, tbh) lined up outside. the POINT of a collaboration like this is to acquire things that are designed in a high-minded manner for an affordable price.

so what would that translate to in US $ for the men's "hand-painted shoes" for example?

scenester

those shoes would be arounf 180 euros.

but I still think the prices are bigger than other collabs.. tbh lately I haven't seen anything that caught my eye but Marni, and they were cheaper.

Last edited by pe77; 21-10-2012 at 05:42 PM.
21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Although the prices are higher, I think it's reasonable. For example, H&M has never made great footwear and the higher price signify better build. And a lot of the items are oversized, hence needing large amounts of fabric.

To be honest, I like that it's a higher price point. I'm sure they could've made the prices lower but this allows room for Margiela to execute these reissues better and satisfy Margiela fans' expectations.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin