How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

What's on everyone's list?

I kinda want the candy clutch (although I prefer the candy the wallet they gave out in ny), the duvet coat, oversized pea coat, maybe a shoe, and the key ring bracelet/necklace. Mind you, that list will probably be narrowed down.

26-10-2012
fashion insider

^I'm really interested in the oversized pea coat too, but it depends on the material. The candy wrapper clutch is cute but too big for my style. I also quite like the black pump that looks like a ballerina flat.

26-10-2012
front row

this was the h&m collab i was the most exited about and it ends up for me being the most disappointing.. i think they tried too hard replicating the artisanal vibe within the obvious constraints h&m imposes, the result is poor execution and fakey looking items.. women collection does come out above mens but still very meh..i'd rather wait for mmm sales

27-10-2012
V.I.P.

my very own mirror ball tuxedo jacket... First i didnt know you can unzip mirror ball scarf - but its great detail - you can wear it in differenet way with a small zip hem around your neck - it looks really interesting... and have to say cut is really great, very precise

28-10-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fincher View Post
this is my arcticle from MMM event... you can see there four videos. One is by H&M, rest of them is my work...

http://koktail.pravda.sk/na-cervenom...tgardnej-mody/
thank you fincher, interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
btw,i cannot stand overrated SJP but i have to admit that look she chose does make her look slightly more interesting and tolerable than it usually does.
I was amazed to see all those people, it looks rather lame, like those two on a first photo I posted...yuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
if i wanted to spend 900 dollars on 'fake margiela' i'd just go to yoox and spend them on real margiela, no? i wouldn't have thought the candy bags would be that coveted (i guess, considering how many are already on ebay and the prices)
The prices are WILD..the perspex short boots are 400$ on auction and 650$ is full price.. but unf someone will buy cuz most of the people think it's fresh design LOl...

anyways, I think I am only purchasing oversized jeans, tho I'm too short for them but who cares.. and I like the fact no one likes it here...

28-10-2012
front row

I love the way the candy clutch looks like a jeff koons, but it is weirdly long imo.

Also, I really feel like with these h&m collaborations, that by the time the items hit the stores they have been overexposed to a degree that makes me loose interest. You see the same pieces over and over and until they sort of just become symbols of the MMMxH&M collection.

scenester

but I want to buy some jewellery because of that pretty boxes! I hope they'll go with them..

28-10-2012
scenester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=YAhsn97nJyE

It sounds very poor when all those people are talking about it, I mean Mena Suvari and Selma Blair? Really?

28-10-2012
Stitch:the Hand

it's all hype. mena suvari despite looking completely random(which could be said for the entire event,really)she also ended up receiving the most press from it. and apparently because of the generic celeb turn-out,in general,reports from it was on the E! channel here in the states....all over the web.

pe77,if you do get those oversized jeans(a classic,mind you) you could always trim the hem to your satisfaction.

28-10-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
it's all hype. mena suvari despite looking completely random(which could be said for the entire event,really)she also ended up receiving the most press from it. and apparently because of the generic celeb turn-out,in general,reports from it was on the E! channel here in the states....all over the web.

pe77,if you do get those oversized jeans(a classic,mind you) you could always trim the hem to your satisfaction.
yeah, like she is posing like a little funky girl in Versace, not in Margiela...so sad..
I only dig Kanye, but only because I like him anyways..

I probably will, because I will get them anyways! and I agree about the classic part, they so are.
After going through collection over and over again I realised I only want them.. the boots are pretty too, jewellery.. but I believe they'll be too popular, which is kinda repulsive..dunno..

Last edited by pe77; 28-10-2012 at 11:06 AM.
28-10-2012
backstage pass

Thanks fincher for the videos!

I love the building that housed the event-- not so much all the celebrities and Anne. I know giant conglomerate H&M wants this event to be artsy, but this is the type of performance art that gives me horror-flashbacks to my art school days. Why can't they just stage a simple fashion show with more unconventional-looking models of varying ages? That would have made it more credible and truer to the spirit of Martin to me since this is an H&M fashion event-- it's not Documenta. Jeez. And all the celebrities wearing H&M clothes is so very phoney-- as if... Kanye here is the worst offender (more so than usual). His jacket is so oversized; the sleeves may be the right length, but just look at how long it is, and how he's swimming in it. If I were ever even remotely interested in that coat, I would be avoiding it at all cost now that he's worn it: Guilty by association. On a positive note, at least no Kardashian accompanied him.

The best-looking and most solid pieces are the footwear. The clothes look like what they are: Mass-produced copies of the real things. I think that was to be expected, and as Izreal mentioned, there is absolutely no way mass-production at a consumer price-point could replicate the original MMM pieces.

28-10-2012
V.I.P.

I feel like only tall people like Maryna can pull off those pants. I imagine those being returned or not purchased. I really like them, but I know my friends would laugh at me if I wore them

28-10-2012

phuel,i do wholeheartedly agree with your post there. the whole thing reeked of cheesy contrived performance art which MM never partook in...ever. not even in his first seasons. margiela was actually much more straightforward and thoughtful than that. talk about pretension.

chloe sevigny,i mentioned earlier in the thread.....she actually wore margiela on quite a consistent basis when he still owned it. tilda swinton would have been rather fresh to see there as well. as for kanye,well,he is kanye,no? like gaga and rihanna...victims as always....but about as much depth as a pothole in the street. it's a shame that H&M went that direction and decided to be totally predictable with this. it's funny because with comme those previews were a little more nondescript. i think the only familiar faces i saw was alison goldfrapp,maggie gyllenhaal and annie lennox's two daughters.

28-10-2012
V.I.P.

Again Scott, I don't understand why you'd expect the event to be purely Margiela. All those things you've mentioned you don't like are clearly the H&M part of this event. Those celebrities are there to bring hype to the collection (SJP= SATC fans; Chace Crawford= GG fans; Kanye = Rap fans; etc). Sure they could have brought in celebrities fitting the Margiela brand but it's not a complete bust.

They could have had the most popular pop star performing or done it a ritzy location. Instead they had relatively unknown artist and a space reflective of the Margiela attitude.

It's either half empty or half full. Again in fairness (my point in this argument), consider the whole scope of the event. In my opinion, it's a, shocker, a collaborative effort that reflects both brands.

Last edited by emailme.; 28-10-2012 at 11:01 PM.
29-10-2012

and i'll point you to my above comment emailme. did you miss that? i freely admitted everything you just said.

still,doesn't mean it doesn't come across as contradictory or shallow. the point being,it would have at least been nice to see a few more genuine fans in the midst of all those attention seekers. that's all.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin