How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-10-2012
Stitch:the Hand

^it's so funny seeing 599 on a pair of zip boots(black not the painted ones) that i actually owned an original pair of years ago....that were retailed at 400$. it's so absurd it's almost comical how they think they can do that and expect be taken seriously.

btw,is anybody liking that check off-balance mac coat? i think that was the only thing that grabbed my attention. edit** i just saw it. and surprisingly it's actually reasonably offered but it's in small. i just like that because it reminds me of one i used to wear and i can't find anymore. it wasn't MMM though.

Last edited by Scott; 30-10-2012 at 02:07 PM.

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

last week on launch of collection in NY I and my coleague from slovak blog tonbogirl.blogspot.com tried some stuff.... leather jacket for women doesn´t fit very well. it looks a bit cosmic and bit messy.... think not worth the price even she looks cute in it...

my pic

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

i´ve tried men´s leather jacket. Fits good - anyway it´s too heavy. And a bit with YMCA vibe simple pieces are definitely much better for wearing - but then it would be silly to pay for them absurd prices on eBay. Shirts and sweatshirts honeycomchild mentioned are really comfortable and i highly recommend them...

my pic

Last edited by fincher; 30-10-2012 at 02:51 PM.
30-10-2012
V.I.P.

Thanks for sharing photos. I like the jacket on your friend and I agree on the belt jacket on you. I feel like that would look better on a girl actually.

Also does anyone have photos of people wearing the peacoat or the duvet coat. I've been stalking instagram for those in particular.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailme. View Post
Also does anyone have photos of people wearing the peacoat or the duvet coat. I've been stalking instagram for those in particular.
well, duvet coat looks great on my friend Marika

my pic

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

whole look of Marika´s duvet coat and T-shirt with sweater print what i bought in pop-up store last week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23102012287.jpg (63.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 25102012327.jpg (69.9 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by fincher; 30-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
30-10-2012
V.I.P.

and all leather stuff is really good quality.... especially bags looking awesome (my pics)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23102012285.jpg (226.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 23102012284_1.jpg (259.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 23102012281_1.jpg (155.5 KB, 18 views)

30-10-2012

isn't it interesting the one thing that margiela kind of defined,the tabi boot,was not included in this effort? would have been kind of hilarious to see how that would have translated in this market.

btw this is the original duvet coat. something in this one for H&M strikes me as not well executed. it looks good as a copied variation but as a legitimate reproduction,it misses the mark,imo. the collar looks overstuffed and stiff--doesn't fall in the same manner. it's also shorter in length.

http://www.bringtheruckus.nu/2011/04...uvet-coat.html

30-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
isn't it interesting the one thing that margiela kind of defined,the tabi boot,was not included in this effort? would have been kind of hilarious to see how that would have translated in this market.

btw this is the original duvet coat. something in this one for H&M strikes me as not well executed. it looks good as a copied variation but as a legitimate reproduction,it misses the mark,imo. the collar looks overstuffed and stiff--doesn't fall in the same manner. it's also shorter in length.

http://www.bringtheruckus.nu/2011/04...uvet-coat.html
I completely agree with you. For such a simple pattern, I'm surprised this didn't come out at the original. Could be the filling (poly vs down).

backstage pass

Quote:
I think as simple as the tabi boots may appear, It's actually not something that could be mass-manufactured because of the delicate cut of the toe.

As mentioned, I think that the footwear are the only substantial offerings. As much as I support these types of collaborations, I'm not ever interested in owning any of it; this may come across hypocritical-- or even snooty, to some, but for me, designer clothes are interesting to me and worth their price because of the cut, construction, fit and quality of material. And if it's true that the duvet coat is poly-fill, instead of premium down, then that defeats the purpose of its concept. If I can't afford the real thing, then I'm content wearing army surplus pieces, or basic pieces from brands like Levi's, Lee, etc. I think of these collaborations as "gateway" or an intro to high fashion; owning a piece of these collaborative effort may just get someone to scour the secondary market for the real thing, and in time, maybe they'll buy from the mainline. I think that's the whole point of these efforts.

31-10-2012
Blood On The Leaves

Quote:
I was hoping that tabi boots were included in this collection but I guess they didn't include them because they still sell them on their official website (and on some other online boutiques).

Last edited by Teja; 31-10-2012 at 04:54 AM.
31-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teja View Post
I was hoping that tabi boots were included in this collection but I guess they didn't include them because they still sell them on their official website (and on some other online boutiques).
I was hoping as well! But I'm actually surprised (from the pictures) at how well the shoes came out.

Last edited by educo; 31-10-2012 at 05:35 AM.
31-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
I think of these collaborations as "gateway" or an intro to high fashion; owning a piece of these collaborative effort may just get someone to scour the secondary market for the real thing, and in time, maybe they'll buy from the mainline. I think that's the whole point of these efforts.
lol i did go from Lanvin x H&M to mainline Lanvin... so i'd say yes, that approach works

31-10-2012

i guess that's right i suppose being that they do have a version every season,much like the AIDS charity t'shirt,but there were some really iconic versions in the past that could have honestly been part of this kind of re-visit. i remember the ones he did with graffitied texts and those he did with the white paint which were part of the collection he did with the duvet coats. he also did some open heeled versions that were taped with packing tape from that 97 collection he used dress form ticking.

but it's kind of sad to me to see such half-heartedness and thoughtlessness with some of these pieces. like you say phuel,to me that kind of poor workmanship on pieces that were essentially copied from their original patterns,it denigrates the whole point. again,it just leads me to speculate whether this whole thing is really that much of a genuine celebration of the body of work or purely a ploy for mere publicity?

31-10-2012
front row

I had not seen the original duvet coat, thanks for posting Scott. wow. It looks incredibly good.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin