How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-11-2012
V.I.P.

I really don't think it'll matter to be honest. I've been to each one of these launches and you have to remember that in order to have got a ticket you have to be reading Vogue, which of course means the people who are going are the fashion customers, not the usual H&M lot. With it being a preview event as well they don't restock as they would on the launch day, there's only a certain amount of stock allotted to the preview launch. For the Jimmy Choo party there were actually pieces missing, they only got put out for the actual on sale date.

The queue outside, even though people have tickets, generally begins around 4.30pm or so. If you're at the front then you should be fine. There's usually two womenswear sections too, one on the ground floor and one on the lower ground, so if you're taking someone with you it's best to get someone to get the pieces you want too, and then meet afterwards. That's how I've always done it, ha. This time though I actually I only want some shoes, so I'm not sweating it too much.

03-11-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
There will still be chaos I'm afraid. Especially if you're after any of the more limited pieces. It'll just be chaos... with cocktails.
And Canapes.

I want the short boots so I guess I better have my elbows at the ready, thanks for the heads up about the queue, thought it'd start about half hour before the event, should be fun though.

03-11-2012
V.I.P.

I hope they work out the shoes better than at Marni. Everyone ran in to be faced with a giant wall of shoe boxes. It was a bit of a hilarious nightmare. There was a simple line drawing of the shoe on the box but it took ages to work out which shoes were which, and that was before you'd even tried to find your size. I

It was amusing to watch so many people grabbing things only to open the box and realise they'd gotten a size 3 in a sandal they didn't want though.

03-11-2012
V.I.P.

post from NY launch of MMM with H&M collection

http://tonbogirl.blogspot.sk/2012/11/mmm-with-h.html

03-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
isn't it interesting the one thing that margiela kind of defined,the tabi boot,was not included in this effort? would have been kind of hilarious to see how that would have translated in this market.

btw this is the original duvet coat. something in this one for H&M strikes me as not well executed. it looks good as a copied variation but as a legitimate reproduction,it misses the mark,imo. the collar looks overstuffed and stiff--doesn't fall in the same manner. it's also shorter in length.

http://www.bringtheruckus.nu/2011/04...uvet-coat.html
I'm curious to know if they did that just to tweak the style into a more modern look that would appeal more...I mean i'm not saying the original isn't nice i'm more assuming that it was done to cater to the buyer better...Obviously the original will always be better

front row

I was away and didn't apply for the Vogue event tickets

Hope the candy bag's too big for an average buyer and they leave it alone. I'm tall enough haha

04-11-2012
fashion elite

this is going to be a diaster

front row

There has to be size10(XL) in menswear(especially coats), right?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Kim View Post
There has to be size10(XL) in menswear(especially coats), right?
The coats typically run up to a 54, which I believe is an extra large. I wouldn't worry too much about it, they usually have the same size run that any H&M has.

I am getting in line at 5 AM to grab the white sneakers and maybe the camel suit. Don't care much for the coat kanye wore, thank god he didn't ruin another h&m piece I wanted Last year I knew I wanted that bomber jacket at first sight, then he wore it to the VS show and I had to watch everyone in front of me run in and grab them all away from me

V.I.P.

The site is now up, showing the full collection and the stores that shall stock it. Refund policy is seven days it states online - however I reckon that will change in store here in the UK as if ADR's collection only had a three day policy I can't imagine this wont have the same.

Usual bracelet system is going to be in place.

08-11-2012
Stitch:the Hand

^i just had a gander at that myself. interestingly for those of us in the states,this collab will be more widely available than any of the previous collaborations they've done. atlanta and dallas are selling one of these collaborations for the first time and lucy i saw that boston will be selling the collab at downtown crossing and newbury street,which is a first for them too,no? but really interesting in that this one seems less commercial(in a manner of speaking given the one-off aesthetic)than even the CdG collab. i'll be keen to see if this actually translates to sales because some of these areas you wouldn't think would respond to such work. and i'm talking as one who actually resides in one of those areas.

08-11-2012
V.I.P.

Perhaps they're banking on the pieces being more difficult and indeed harder to sell, so they're spreading the range to maximise sales. It's nice that it'll be available to more people though.

08-11-2012
V.I.P.

i would not be surprised if they are struck several of those US stores off the list...i think its easy for them to spread the range over a bunch of stores if they are just going to send their remaining items to NYC a few days later.

there are some nice items and i'm still interested in a few of them, but not enough to get up early and go out in the cold possibly for nothing.

the last time i tried to stop by marni earlier. i got there before 8 only to be given a ticket for 11:30 AM.

Last edited by lucy92; 08-11-2012 at 07:06 PM.
08-11-2012
backstage pass

I'm very interested in how this collaboration will do in sales.

These H&M collaborations have always been more about providing accessible pieces to a broader customer-base than they are about showcasing the designer. But with this collection, I think it's more the latter than the former (cut, construction and quality aside), so it's the only collaboration I've liked. The #1-sellers will obviously be the candywrapper clutch and the disco-ball pieces. But I do wonder how the more extreme pieces, like the oversized peacoat, biker jacket and suede jacket, and the fusion pieces will do. It's definitely the most grown-up collection from H&M. Even with the CDG-collection, there were "cute" pieces-- or at least, pieces that may be worn in a "fun" and "cute" manner; the polka-dots, the ruffle pieces, etc that's attractive to the mainstream and trendy customers. With this, would the duvet-coat, biker jacket, suede jacket be considered "cute"? And MMM in his true essence, is/was the Marcel Duchamp of high fashion, and never quite translated well when it comes to "cute" dressing the way many other designers are able to.

Last edited by Phuel; 08-11-2012 at 09:30 PM.
08-11-2012
fashion icon

Would there be a store list worldwide where the collection is available?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin