How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

I saw it at the press day and have to say, it's certainly one of the cheaper looking pieces. The photographs make it look as if it could be silk, but in person it's like an acrylic lining fabric. It would have been a much nicer piece had they upped the price point and made it in a thin silk.

14-11-2012
rising star

will the collection be available online tonight?

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

No, tomorrow morning at 9am. The preview events are tonight.

14-11-2012
rising star

I'm assuming the preview events are in nyc?

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

skipped the preview event. the only pieces i'd want are the ones that everyone will want and have.

:/

so, the shoes are all plastic?

14-11-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I wasn't going to buy myself the high tops tonight but have just seen that they are actually made from 100% plastic and not a piece of leather in sight. For £69.99 I would have thought they could have got them to be leather!

I couldn't believe, so I checked the website, they really are plastic. That's shameful.
Other shoes are made of leather though, not sure about men sneakers.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
14-11-2012
V.I.P.

Not all the shoes are plastic, the women's - minus the high tops, are leather.

It's so odd, the tags said the high tops had 100% leather linings but all of the exterior was plastic? They looked pretty plastic too. I tried them on anyway and decided not to go for it.

As predicted the clutch bags caused a riot, as did the red draped dress. The ankle verison of the perspex wedge boots were gone in seconds too, as were the men's high tops and sheep skin coats. Everything else... kind of stayed? There was hundreds of the draped dress that comes in black and blue and a lot of the silk printed pieces. The leggings which I thought would fly for only £29.99 were around quite a lot too. Every one was just desperate for the clutch!

Insane, someone sold their ticket to the launch event for £102 on ebay earlier today. Insane.

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
According to Racked Chicago, there were already people waiting in line at the city's Michigan Avenue H&M at 2:30 in the afternoon today. The store opens its doors at 8 a.m. tomorrow. Apparently for some people, the best use of their willpower and time is to wait for like eighteen hours on one of the Windy City's most literally windy streets in the middle of November, so that they can be first in line to buy some H&M clothes. Sorry, but that's really lame. Even if the pieces are Margiela-branded, they're still factory-produced and a serious downgrade in quality compared to the original. Also, the line retails at boutique prices, so you're not even getting that great of a deal.

I'm sure I'm talking about otherwise perfectly decent, marvelous people, but whoever's waiting in line right now should kind of be embarassed. No, really embarassed. I'm embarassed on their behalf.
From The Fashion Spot's own new stories. Seriously, the writing on this site sometimes is truly appalling.

14-11-2012
backstage pass

In Paris all the bags and clutches were gone, same for the shoes with the plastic heels, the bodysuit with the bra, the rollneck made of socks and even the duvet coat.

I think the garment that didn't sell well was the long dress with the trompe l'oeil effect.

V.I.P.

hence why i'm glad i didn't get go out into the cold tonight and fight for that clutch. its disgraceful enough to do it in relative anonymity in the early AM. but in front of people you might know from work, events, etc.... eeehhhh, pass

14-11-2012
front row

I want the clutch so bad!!!! I almost bought the original one but I had already shopped WAAAAAY too much that season.. I've been kicking myself ever since! Now I can have it! Hope I can snatch one!

I remember at the Versace launch people were fighting over things! It was Mayhem!! I hope this time it's not gonna be so chaotic here where I live..

backstage pass

I managed to snag a clutch...like literally grabbed the last two. I'm glad I didn't queue for long...I managed to get my hands on what I wanted without looking like a complete maniac or waiting in the cold for half the evening.

Aside from the items mentioned already, there seemed to be tons of stock...should be interesting when the resellers start listing...

scenester

I got the pink clutch, pure luck that they opened the last box for the evening in front of me so I snapped up one for me and a friend. I also got the narrow shoulder jacket-didn't want it originally but tried it on and ohhhh my it is stunning on, so sexy.

I got the watch bracelet too, which I think my wrists might be too tiny for- they are freakishly thin so that could go back but we'll see. Didn't get the boots in the end as the staff wearing them were struggling to walk- maybe they had wrong sizes but it put it off.

People were going crazy at the event though, so much stuff still left at 9 when they were closing, no clutches but pretty much everything else. A lot of alcohol on garments though- wonder what will happen to them in the morning.

14-11-2012
flaunt the imperfection

the shoe sizing is weird...

i got the womens wedge boots in a box marked 8
but the bottom of the shoe says 39...
they fit-so whatever...
but it's odd...

but in looking at and trying on the mens stuff with a friend...
everything runs differently...
some things are small and narrow, others are big...
typical h&m in this area...unfortunately...

mens suiting is of immaculate quality, but runs quite small...for example...
sweaters run large, however...
shoes run big, apparently...

but they have plenty of stock and it was a lovely and civilized event in NYC...
i even got to chat and hang out with the CDG store staff who were out shopping...
:p

that candy wrapper bag was the hit of the evening...
people bought multiples...
really turned me off...

Last edited by softgrey; 14-11-2012 at 10:25 PM.
14-11-2012
earthbound

I was able to grab the bodysuit in my size and the blazer (second to last photo in post #402). The material is super sturdy (I thought someone misplaced it from the menswear), on the hanger it looks like a rectangle, but once worn on the body, it's super feminine and fitted. I also tried on the oversized blazer which was one of the only pieces I wanted initially, but it looked a bit too goofy and it wasn't something I would be able to pull off (I'm no David Byrne).

The trompe-l'oeil bodysuit is also made in a very solid material which seems quite durable, so I was quite pleased by that. Not as stretchy and flimsy as I thought it would be. I'm usually a size 2 or 4 in H&M and I had to take a 6 in the bodysuit. I think it's THE perfect piece to wear under sheer shirts in winter!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin