How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2012
fashion elite

anyone tried on the leather pants? how is the quality/fit? are they tts? i orderd them, but can't wait

15-11-2012
V.I.P.

madness in the 5th Ave store. the MMM section is blocked off and there is a U-shaped line in the store with a security guard letting people in that section like a club. All I wanted was the burgundy sneakers

15-11-2012
backstage pass

The MMM section over here wasn't crowded at all. I bought the confetti shirt, that's the only thing that looked good to me. Or at least at the current price, maybe I'll get something else in the sales.

15-11-2012
V.I.P.

I just visited Westfield now and after a day of sales there is still a lot available. There's no cashmere jumpers, leather jackets or red draped dresses at all, and of course the clutches have gone but if you're after any of the other pieces or accessories, it's all there still really.

Menswear wise the leather jacket has gone and a lot of the tailoring has gone in the most popular 40/42 sizes, and all of the high top trainers, other than that though - it's all pretty much still there.

15-11-2012
front row

Popped by Westfield Stratford after work. They have most of the men's pieces, including the coats, in all sizes. Lots of men's shoes and belts and bracelets. For ladies, a handful of the perspex heels in large sizes, the leather jacket and the suede jacket in small sizes. There was a pair of the leather pants in a size 14 - felt quite sturdy. Also lots of the printed pieces in all sizes.

They also had boxes and boxes of the confetti tablecloth and napkins, which are cute!

15-11-2012
front row

I think the problem with the plexi shoes is the fact that the plexi doesn't adapt in anyways to your feet. It just is the shape on the sole they made it. Although they look really nice. But if your feet shape the same way inside the shoe as the plexi is crafted then you are good to go!

I have to say the mens shoes were a disapointment they looked really cheap and felt horrible when I tried them on. Some of the pieces really didn't offer so much to justify the prices. The leather pieces were the worst. The belt jacket was okay but I wouldn't more than 150 for it.

Also what I noticed was that some of the clothing were already starting to fall a part on the racks. Stitches started to ravel and the fabrics felt used and washed. The casmere sweaters looked nice but they start to get lint balls REALLY quick (I have a friend who bought it at the launch party).

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenKutak View Post
anyone tried on the leather pants? how is the quality/fit? are they tts? i orderd them, but can't wait
i got them but have to return them...
they are long...
i am 5'4" but have long legs and these were just bad...
because they have feet, you can't just bunch them at the ankle or anything...
they just bunch all over if they aren't the exactly length you need...
bunchy leather legs is not the look i'm going for...

:p

15-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzuxel View Post

Also what I noticed was that some of the clothing were already starting to fall a part on the racks. Stitches started to ravel and the fabrics felt used and washed. The casmere sweaters looked nice but they start to get lint balls REALLY quick (I have a friend who bought it at the launch party).
the suede items were starting to leave residue on the adjacent garments. they looked like whitish specks.

i had to brush off the darted sweater (130$) i purchased. i bought a size Small and i think it ran true to size.

overall i'm pleased with the quality, i think it will be warm at least.

sizing i think ran all over the place.

i tried on the narrow shoulder jacket but it ran small, i couldnt button up the size 4 easily.

the leather jacket for women was weird insomuch that the armpits are exposed. i dont think the bloggers would like that.

barcode

I wound up getting the red painted jeans, which weren't what I planned on originally. I really wanted that trompe l'oeil bow tie shirt, but the medium was too tight in the chest and the large was too loose and long everywhere else, plus the double collar thing would've probably driven me insane. The jeans definitely ran small too. I took them two sizes larger than I normally take jeans because the leg is narrow as hell and the paint means there's NO give whatsoever. I was sooo tempted to get the disco ball jacket, but I couldn't bring myself to do it lol.

Overall I was pretty impressed with the collection. The men's tailored pieces had a nice quality to them and were very appealing to a wide range of people. The women's pieces are bound to be a tougher sell, although some of them (the red dress, the oversized trousers, the giant peacoat, the leather jackets) were really really great in person.

15-11-2012
backstage pass

I'm heading to the portland store now to look at what's left. My friend was working it this morning. and after he got off work, he got me the white sneakers as a birthday gift! they are still pretty cool, even if they're not real leather.

front row

I get leggings and bag :-)

16-11-2012

Did anyone else have trouble with the men's white painted jeans?

It was a real chore trying them on as they're TOO tight on the bottom, so they didn't make my shopping shortlist (which bums me because I think they're quite iconic.)

front row

This moning I got the mens leather jacket online for my boyfriend and the mirror leggins and crystal necklace for me!!! I'm really happy, that's all what I wanted to buy from the collection.I went to my H&M in Gothenburg yesterday on my lunch and a lot of the oversized items were still hanging there in every size... The mirror leggins sold out quick ( I think they got them in store), also the crystal necklace was sold out and the leather jacket. So they were a big hit, the rest not so much. A lot of plexi shoes and other things laying around... I'm happy I got my favourite things online

16-11-2012
V.I.P.

I saw someone on the tube last night in the men's denim jacket and it actually looked really quite cool on. It was a piece that didn't really catch my attention at all in store or online but it's actually quite a nice piece on.

16-11-2012
fashion insider

Did anyone see/try the ballet shoes with hidden heels? There's still lots of the plexi shoes on the DK site, probably because the prices are crazy esp. if the shoes aren't even comfortable to walk in imo

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin