How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-11-2012
front row

I was in Westfield Stratford earlier - all of the mens pieces are marked at 50% off.
There were a handful of dresses at 50% off too.

A rack of the leather jackets in all sizes and lots of the printed skirts and tops. Loads of heels and jewellery left, you can see that there have been lots of returns.

23-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluposh View Post
I was in Westfield Stratford earlier - all of the mens pieces are marked at 50% off.
There were a handful of dresses at 50% off too.

A rack of the leather jackets in all sizes and lots of the printed skirts and tops. Loads of heels and jewellery left, you can see that there have been lots of returns.
marked down already? could this be a clerical error?

i read an interview with the margerta van den bosch lady from H&M and she said they widened the availability of the collection due to complaints over sell outs in previous years.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
marked down already? could this be a clerical error?
I was surprised to see the three women's pieces at 50%, but I don't think the men's range was a clerical error - there is SO much stock left over.

23-11-2012
V.I.P.

50% off? How I wished I could goto Westfield Stratford. I still cannot bring myself to purchase the beige belt I was talking about earlier. Something is telling me I can get a nicer one elsewhere. But I just wanted something from H&M's MMM collaboration.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I want the table cloth, it's pretty cool, but I'm going to wait for the re-pricing to begin. 70 on a table cloth is just a bit too much currently!
If you ever get tired of using the tablecloth-- as a tablecloth, you can always turn it into a coat, jacket, shirt... There's value there!

I don't know what genius marketing team at H&M thought that Margiela should be overstocked to ease the complaints of scarcity for these collaborations. Mainstream labels like Versace and Lagerfeldare household names, and labels like Lanvin and Stella McCartney are easy to wear, so if they're going to overstock, start with a label that's a household name, like Dolce, not Margiela. Margiela, although by far the best collaboration, is still too weird and unknown to the masses.

23-11-2012
scenester

Might pop to H&M during the week and grab something for my boyfriend and hope for the tablecloth in the sale at some point.

23-11-2012
V.I.P.

50% off already???

and honestly, it think H&M might have wanted to increase the visibility of their collaborations, especially in the US. if you haven't noticed, Target and Macy's have been snapping up GREAT guest designers left and right, and i think their goal was to simply increase visibility for their own brands. which they didn't see from H&Ms collaborations.

the Valli pieces for Macy's were nice, but if given to H&M, they could have done something REALLY outstanding.

23-11-2012
windowshopping

EVERYTHING, and I say, EVERYTHING men AND womens were 50% off at the H&M on Regent Street.
My friend, a girl, got the thigh high boots and some dresses and accessories for just under 300 quid.
There's not a lot of stocks left for women, some leather jackets, some dresses, some shoes in large sizes, a LOT of the handcuff bracelets.
Lots of stocks left for men. I would say full size runs of the denim jacket, white leather jacket and large sizes of pretty much everything else.

I was actually quite surprised to see everything at 50% off so soon.. it's only been two weeks. Good thing everything I bought when I queued in line at 6am were sold out or I'd be extremely pissed off.

23-11-2012
fashion elite

Here in the USA everything is still priced normally even with the Black Friday sales, I popped into one of the stores and they were pretty heavily stocked.

23-11-2012
V.I.P.

i checked my store (in the states) today and they still had everything at full price.

V.I.P.

Yup, it's true, all Margiela is now half price here in the UK. The website still has it full price though.

I went to a few stores today and Westfield had the biggest range. They pretty much had everything there.. menswear is harder to find. Regent Street and Oxford Circus had pretty limited stock - there's some items that there are LOADS of, but the nicer, easier items like the tailoring, there's only odd sizes left. A lot of scarf jumpers, shoes, sheepskin coats, leather belt jackets, big white leather belts and knitwear left. I haven't seen any of the t-shirts, of that nice grey blazer.

The only womenswear pieces now there were the clutch, mirror ball leggings, the wool enlarged shouldered jacket and duvet coat. Everything else is sitting in Westfield waiting for anyone who wants it..

24-11-2012
front row

This is ridiculous! I only got my online shopping yesterday and they are already reduced in stores? I was about to return some of the stuff I bought anyway but now I just want to take it back to westfield and grab a few discounted items on the way
Posted via Mobile Device

24-11-2012
V.I.P.

The website will discount too I imagine, but probably not for another week or two. I ordered a tailored jacket on the launch day and it only just arrived yesterday, so they'll wait for people to receive the launch day orders and such, then I bet they'll discount online too.

24-11-2012
front row

Honeycombchild - do you know if we can return the items to a store or do we have to send them back?
Posted via Mobile Device

24-11-2012
V.I.P.

You can return to store but only for a credit note or exchange, the only way to get your money back is to send it back to the H&M online department, which takes weeks. Usually around 2-4 weeks from the date you send it to the day you get your money back.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin