How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-11-2012
V.I.P.

^seems like the best thing to do would be to return the item in store, get the store credit and re-buy the items you want.

i'm guessing that H&M will put the margiela items on sale after xmas in the states. they will probably wait until the 30 day return period are up at least.

24-11-2012
V.I.P.

You know when you order MMM online, do they come with special wrapping, or just how regular H&M items come?

V.I.P.

Regular I'm afraid. Belts and shoes comes in their white packaging, and a suit jacket or coat comes with a white cotton garment carrier with the branding on, but they don't even put the suit in the garment bag, the garment bag is placed inside the plastic bag with the jacket. Other than that, it's the usual H&M plastic bag or cardboard box if you buy shoes from there.

If you returned to store and rebought you'd end up with excess money which would be given back to you in store credit... I'd say return them to online and in the meantime go out and buy the half price stock. Unless you're fine with H&M store credit that is!

Even at half price the refund policy here for the UK is still seven days.

Last edited by honeycombchild; 24-11-2012 at 12:01 PM.
26-11-2012
windowshopping

I think they've realised they stepped themselves in the foot by doing so many collaboration in a season, from Lana Del Ray for H&M Everyday late September, the Anna Dell Russo early October (now sadly £10 for accessories, and £30 for leather boots), then Lana Del Ray for Winter late Oct, then MMM in November, then Giftcard campaign now, Re-Launch of David Beckham just launched this week.

They didnt do as much advertising or knowledge / education to customers, letting people know that the products are re editions from the shows than just a cheap creation.
& This was the most undesirable collection, unwearable & avant-garde from H&M.

26-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
You know when you order MMM online, do they come with special wrapping, or just how regular H&M items come?
Well, they come straight from the factory - belts wrapped in tissue, leggings on a roll, everything in plastic bags...

26-11-2012
earthbound

In Montreal I think it sold fairly well. Nothing has been discounted (yet), and most sizes left are the extremes: the very tight bodysuits, most leather pieces that may be too expensive for the average Montreal shopper, and a lot of jewelry, x-large dresses. The knitwear is almost all gone, surprisingly. My other purchases when I went back were the white painted jeans and faux fishnet leggings, which I didn't have the time to analyze during the preview shopping event but later fell in love with. I found myself wanting pieces from this collection more than from any other H&M designer collaboration... so in a sense I'm glad it didn't sell out immediately! Yes, I'm glad these designs aren't everybody's cup of tea.

27-11-2012
windowshopping

In Koln Germany all the leftovers from Margiela for H&M collection were around 80 euros for the expensive pieces like shoes,leather jackets and bags and 50 % off for the accessoires and clothes.

28-11-2012
V.I.P.

I'm glad I didn't buy anything from this collection because I just won a giveaway and I'm getting a bunch of goodies from the collection for free!!

rising star

In ny, the coats are just $99-149 dollars now, the blazers are 59, and no one is paying attention to them at all.

V.I.P.

bought the bow tie shirt and am quite happy with it. at half price, a 30 day return policy, i might even get some more cash back by the end of Dec

eyeing the camel coat... it IS lushly soft... but not so sure about a double breasted coat

29-11-2012
backstage pass

My old coworker got 50% coupons to distribute to people. LOL. I am sure using it.

V.I.P.

The collection is already on the sales rack!! What a shamble?

29-11-2012
backstage pass

Somebody returned the hair necklace to my work today and I totally got it, couldn't pass it up for six and a half buck has anybody bought any of the men's camel pieces, I wanna know what they think of them.

30-11-2012
V.I.P.

Here in Slovakia we had whole collection (really a lot of stuff) only 6 days in H&M shop in Bratislava. As I heard, they moved it to other countries (Czech republic and Poland) after six days cause not very good selling of collection....

30-11-2012
scenester

I bought that white over sized leather shirt jacket for $79, marked down from $349.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handm, maison, margiela, martin